General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We are doing about 13% positive rate right now.
What are you guys up to?

Without any interventions I assume that we are just tracking a week behind you
Doc, fever is back, but not as bad. Am I another rona statistic?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Doc, fever is back, but not as bad. Am I another rona statistic?
You have a young kid in the house and they get viruses all the time. It is summer time and most cold viruses are down. Normal Corona viruses are up in the summertime. Depending on your symptoms you might be covid 19 you might not be. I would definitely get tested given your location

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You have a young kid in the house and they get viruses all the time. It is summer time and most cold viruses are down. Normal Corona viruses are up in the summertime. Depending on your symptoms you might be covid 19 you might not be. I would definitely get tested given your location
Thanks for the advice doc, I plan to go tomorrow if it's not over by tomorrow. He brings home a ton of little bugs from daycare.

Goodnight

M

member 3289

We are doing about 13% positive rate right now.
What are you guys up to?

Without any interventions I assume that we are just tracking a week behind you
Today's numbers were about 15-16%. Lower than they have been, we just reported around 100,000 test results today.

We've been averaging around 18-20% with a one-day high of 23%.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Today's numbers were about 15-16%. Lower than they have been, we just reported around 100,000 test results today.

We've been averaging around 18-20% with a one-day high of 23%.
Hopefully that means you guys are peaking, but that's not much of a trend to call it of course.
I do think we are coming up behind you by about a week, but we are spread out farther by state. We should eventually pass your numbers due to larger urban centers, but it'll take longer I since we have nothing like the insanity that is your endless continuous suburbia, nor the out of state visitors.

M

member 3289

Hopefully that means you guys are peaking, but that's not much of a trend to call it of course.
I do think we are coming up behind you by about a week, but we are spread out farther by state. We should eventually pass your numbers due to larger urban centers, but it'll take longer I since we have nothing like the insanity that is your endless continuous suburbia, nor the out of state visitors.
I didn't realize Texas is really just Dalllas and Houston. That is some Australia-level density

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Not sure. But definitely an example of "if you can die easily from this, you already did" in NYC. Also possible outdoor protesting is not as dangerous as other activities. We seem considerable more risk in indoor recirculation which is where increasing ventilation comes in.
Is it officially airborne?

Not like snot or sneeze spray - or "If I can smell your breath I can get it" - but like this shit can travel through the vent shaft and infect the apartment next door.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I didn't realize Texas is really just Dalllas and Houston. That is some Australia-level density

It's not. There's a triangle there.

Central Texas is San Antonio and Austin. That used to be an empty stretch dotted by San Marcos, but now looks like I-95 in suburban Florida with endless construction filling it in between the two. North Austin is slowly stretching up and some of the fastest growth in the country is there,but then its empty to waco then empty to Dallas/Fort Worth.

But yeah that triangle is most of it.
But dont ignore hospital capacity/case load. The Rio Grande valley looks empty there but they are getting hit hard.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
but like this shit can travel through the vent shaft and infect the apartment next door.
Aerosolized recirculated air has been the concern since day one thanks to the cruise ship outbreaks. As time goes on it looks like the minimal viral load for infection can hand in those aerosolized drops and easily circulate places like restaraunts, which is why dining rooms are so dangerous.

1594601308508.png

Can this do that to a single breath in a long distance in an open circuit? Probably not. Appears to need closed space to get the droplet density for viral load to infect.
You see lower infections in open air and increased ventilation.

A proper airborne (by definition disease) could infect that whole dining room. This might be splitting hairs for what you are asking, but basically don't be in a closed space with a bunch of bodies. Outdoor safer.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Aerosolized recirculated air has been the concern since day one thanks to the cruise ship outbreaks. As time goes on it looks like the minimal viral load for infection can hand in those aerosolized drops and easily circulate places like restaraunts, which is why dining rooms are so dangerous.

View attachment 9886

Can this do that to a single breath in a long distance in an open circuit? Probably not. Appears to need closed space to get the droplet density for viral load to infect.

A proper airborne (by definition disease) could infect that whole dining room. This might be splitting hairs for what you are asking, but basically don't be in a closed space with a bunch of bodies. Outdoor safer.
Just takes one heavy mouth breather w/rona.

I say lets do something about mouth breathers...not even kidding.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

View attachment 9886

I guess I'm asking is coughing and sneezing the source of the spread, or is simply breathing enough? Just a normal in-and-out exhale.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I guess I'm asking is coughing and sneezing the source of the spread, or is simply breathing enough? Just a normal in-and-out exhale.
Maybe.

No one knows. If you are sleeping in bed with a breather, we'd assume yes. Unlikely the rest of the time.
There's a graphic from a study somewhere that shows increased distance of droplets and distance.
Breathing low, talking more, singing more, cough and sneeze a lot.

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
did you guys watch that fox news segment where they said that they had found a new type of CORONA virus, not just this covid 19, that spreads even easier and is as deadly if not even more?