General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
We were just out and about. There's a weird vibe like the initial shutdown. People are stocking up again and it's like we all know where this thing is headed. More shut downs. I thought we'd have more time though. People are scrambling like another shut down will happen tomorrow. I have family in Texas and they say it's already getting hard to find paper towels and toilet paper.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We were just out and about. There's a weird vibe like the initial shutdown. People are stocking up again and it's like we all know where this thing is headed. More shut downs. I thought we'd have more time though. People are scrambling like another shut down will happen tomorrow. I have family in Texas and they say it's already getting hard to find paper towels and toilet paper.
Ugh, thanks for the reminder, time to grab some.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Thats fair, I was broke, broken on the inside, had a nice alcohol problem, and living in the "hood" so I wasn't in the greatest position myself. Granted yes there are people who were a lot more worse off than me, but there was also a lot more people doing better than me. This was also in 2008-2013ish, we all know what happened then in the US in 2008.
Granted, you also had a military background.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Where are you?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Granted, you also had a military background.
Where I was living at the time, that was more of a detriment than anything. We were regularly viewed and fucked up, crazy, etc. My job in the military was a field artillery cannon crewman, granted I was a section chief and had my own howitzer, but that gave me no skills perspective jobs cared about. I was working in a print shop running giant digital copiers or assembling oil pans for race cars, my prospects were bleak. I was barely making above minimum wage.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Where I was living at the time, that was more of a detriment than anything. We were regularly viewed and fucked up, crazy, etc. My job in the military was a field artillery cannon crewman, granted I was a section chief and had my own howitzer, but that gave me no skills perspective jobs cared about. I was working in a print shop running giant digital copiers or assembling oil pans for race cars, my prospects were bleak.
Gave you discipline, perspective, and the thing we're most anxious to rob people of, humility.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Gave you discipline, perspective, and the thing we're most anxious to rob people of, humility.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL humility he says. No, we certainly didn't get that. The Marine Corps I was in was a war time Marine Corps, it recruits and operates very differently from the peace time Marine Corps.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL humility he says. No, we certainly didn't get that. The Marine Corps I was in was a war time Marine Corps, it recruits and operates very differently from the peace time Marine Corps.
Expand on this please. Also, what marine corps do you reckon we have right now?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You going to pretend you weren't shit on in basic?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You going to pretend you weren't shit on in basic?
Obviously, everyone was. Recruit training is broken into 3 main phases. The first one they tear you down, make you feel like a piece of shit, because you are. The second one they teach you. And the 3rd phase, well there is no cockier Marine than one fresh out of bootcamp.

Last edited:

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Also something that has been on my mind. I have been noticing lots and lots of air force ads. Maybe I just now started paying attention and it has always been like that, but it seems like more now.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Expand on this please. Also, what marine corps do you reckon we have right now?
So during war time, the Marine Corps "loosens" up its recruiting regulations, because they need more bodies. To join I had arrest waivers, drug waivers, tattoo waivers, etc to get in. Because we are not at "war" per say they don't need as many bodies so the standards are higher, they can be pickier on who they choose and who they don't. I would never get those waivers approved with our current posture. It's just how the system works. There's a good meme I saw, that I've never been able to find again, the showed the war time Marine Corps as the suicide squad and the peace time Marine Corps as choir boys.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Also something that has been on my mind. I have been noticing lots and lots of air force ads. Maybe I just now started paying attention and it has always been like that, but it seems like more now.
It's always been like that, they have a hugeeeeeeeeeee budget and they are also the pickiest of the bunch.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
The last few pages have been entertaining, so let's get back to important news.

You don't don't say...

Namaste

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
RCTs.
Science.

Ben Swann wants your input.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8upEg-bEJ8

Discuss this piece by one of the top Journalists around.

Commence the triggering.
Is top Journalist now synonymous with top scientist or even top men?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He's also completely misrepresenting data, probably due to him being a Russian troll.....

The studies he is misinterpreting weren't N95/Surgical mask vs. No Mask. They were N95 vs. Surgical Masks. They were comparing the efficacy of those masks against each other, not vs wearing nothing on your face.