General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
That's an absolutely inaccurate picture of what Sweden did or is doing.

They are interacting at a rate around 30% of what they did prepandemic.

They socially distanced and shut themselves down at an individual level.

Stockholm's antibody exposure is the same as London. There's lots to take from here but one of the problems for the Sweden support is that they are not getting the herd immunity while simultaneously running a far higher per capita death rate then Finland or Norway for instance.

I'm all for discussing different responses to this virus. They're a pros and cons to lots of interventions including the social harms of forced policies.

But your description is pure fairytale talking points.
And Sweden's economy is possibly more fucked than any other comparable country too. We will have to wait until 3rd quarter GDP data is released to see its recovery.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
And Sweden's economy is possibly more fucked than any other comparable country too. We will have to wait until 3rd quarter GDP data is released to see its recovery.
I get the impression that anyone's global facing economy is going to be pretty fucked given how global the economy is. I also have a sneaking suspicion that the stigma that was stuck on Sweden probably didn't help.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Stockholm's antibody exposure is the same as London. There's lots to take from here but one of the problems for the Sweden support is that they are not getting the herd immunity while simultaneously running a far higher per capita death rate then Finland or Norway for instance.
Also a higher per capita death rate than the US so far.

Deaths per 100k:
1.UK 70
2.Spain 61
3.Italy 58
4.Sweden 57
5.US 51
6.Brazil 50
(*) Germany 11

And let's not forget, Sweden has a healthier population normally.
What are these goofs in the UK doing tho?

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
today is the funeral and services for my girlfriend's mother who passed away from the virus.. people who don't think this is real or some common cold shit.. remember if your family member goes to the hospital.. it could be the last time you ever see them. one of the last phone calls we got from the mother was her asking to come home due to the hospital being overcrowded

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
today is the funeral and services for my girlfriend's mother who passed away from the virus.. people who don't think this is real or some common cold shit.. remember if your family member goes to the hospital.. it could be the last time you ever see them. one of the last phone calls we got from the mother was her asking to come home due to the hospital being overcrowded
Stay strong dude.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What do you make of Houston's own Carol Baker from the CDC video?
Anti-vaccination is more an American thing than a white people thing. Those immigrants will likely adopt some level of their new culture if they move into anti-vaccination enclaves like the PNW, dumping her weird solution.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Early stuff showed its heat labile but could be frozen and unfrozen okay. I haven't looked it back up since April/May when that stuff was all the rage.
Yeah, a Google doesnt give me much beyond "cold temperatures dont kill it" I thought 300 plus degrees below 0 might be a different story.

M

member 3289

Funny how you Canucks can't recognize your own people. I can hear your goofy accents right away

"Most recently this weekend, there was a gentleman up towards Huntsville getting gas in his vehicle, and two gentlemen approached him and said, 'you're American go home.' And he said, 'I'm Canadian. I live here.' And they literally said, no, we don't believe you show us your passport," Phil Harding, the mayor of nearby Kuskoka Lakes, told CP24.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Funny how you Canucks can't recognize your own people. I can hear your goofy accents right away

"Most recently this weekend, there was a gentleman up towards Huntsville getting gas in his vehicle, and two gentlemen approached him and said, 'you're American go home.' And he said, 'I'm Canadian. I live here.' And they literally said, no, we don't believe you show us your passport," Phil Harding, the mayor of nearby Kuskoka Lakes, told CP24.

This is what happens when the media paints Americans as selfish dummies.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This is what happens when the media paints Americans as selfish dummies.

Introspective and self-conscious Americans have been putting Canadian flags on their backpacks for decades. As such anytime we send a good American out to the world we give you the credit. We aren't real good at doing ourselves any favors.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Introspective and self-conscious Americans have been putting Canadian flags on their backpacks for decades. As such anytime we send a good American out to the world we give you the credit. We aren't real good at doing ourselves any favors.
Those Americans have (at least in Western Europe) ruined that for Canadians.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Anti-vaccination is more an American thing than a white people thing. Those immigrants will likely adopt some level of their new culture if they move into anti-vaccination enclaves like the PNW, dumping her weird solution.
From what I can tell most people in PNW are all about vaccines. Not sure it is the enclave you think it is.

What about her quotations about "educated people" and "pieces of paper on their walls"? How about the "get rid of all whites who don't support vaccinations"? Those were the entertaining parts to me...she comes off like a real piece of work.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Virus shutdowns/less tourism lead to economic struggle but also elephant baby boom in Kenya -- 140 born so far, including two sets of twins.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Those Americans have (at least in Western Europe) ruined that for Canadians.
Americans are loudmouth assholes but they don't even register a mention in the cunt tourist P4P list. More annoying than downright destructive like some others.

Aussies and Brits are far worse P4P.