General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mr Smokalotapotamus

You gonna pass that bro??
Jun 23, 2018
sick with what? 300k. What did they get sick with? not the normal stuff, because that's the same every year...

think real hard. What could be novel about the death count THIS year?
And? What does that prove? How an illnesses works? All 300k were healthy right? Every illnesses attacks the weak first. We americans aren't the most healthy.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
And? What does that prove? How an illnesses works? All 300k were healthy right? Every illnesses attacks the weak first. We americans aren't the most healthy.
OK, what's the disease? something is out there killing people who wouldn't have died this year if not for that thing....

what do you want to call that 'thing'?

Mr Smokalotapotamus

Jun 23, 2018
you mean "why aren't the homeless showing up as Confirmed COVID deaths"?

i'd guess because they're dying without being tested, and combined with the fact that most live a fairly 'socially-distant' lifestyle.

COVID+ deaths are 225k, excess mortality is >300k.
There could be 75k dead, undiagnosed homeless people and all the empirical data would align with my explanation, the one that doesn't require a global conspiracy of millions.
But there's not or we find them in the streets.

Mr Smokalotapotamus

Jun 23, 2018
OK, what's the disease? something is out there killing people who wouldn't have died this year if not for that thing....

what do you want to call that 'thing'?
I call it covid and like every other illnesse it kills off the weak. I'm not saying covid isn't real or can't be bad. I'm saying we shouldn't shut down over it. I understand some feel differently.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I call it covid and like every other illnesse it kills off the weak. I'm not saying covid isn't real or can't be bad. I'm saying we shouldn't shut down over it. I understand some feel differently.
is death the only outcome of COVID? what are the long term risks of infection?
does infection confer immunity, or can you get it over and over until it kills you?

Mr Smokalotapotamus

Jun 23, 2018
So about the homeless thing...

Wait for it.....

Wait for itttttt
[/QUOTE
We will see.
is death the only outcome of COVID? what are the long term risks of infection?
does infection confer immunity, or can you get it over and over until it kills you?
We don't know yet.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
i'd guess because they're dying without being tested, and combined with the fact that most live a fairly 'socially-distant' lifestyle.
The homeless are the least socially distant people in society by-and-large.
They live on streets of filth with compromised immune systems like rats.
They exchange goods and services more than most.
They take whatever given, and many live hopelessly, thus not masked, gloved, etc.
If this was a "true pandemic", they're bodies would line the streets.
It would be irrefutable.

They will during "phase 2" :(

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Seems it's almost all old and sick who are dying. Only some doctors and nurses seem to get really sick from the huge viral load they are exposed too.
This is true.
This was true with Coronavirus in overrun new York in the spring too.

Convince me then, I'll listen. From my chair this all looks like overblown bullshit.
It's not.
We are handling it terribly though.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
How so? Says they don't know how the homeless are fairing. I don't expect homeless not to catch covid. Not saying covid isn't real. I am saying it's really overblown.
You say you know and that it isn't effecting them..... That's how it goes against what you've said.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So
One of my coworkers is sick, he went to go to the doctor and he has to provide a negative test before they see him. Think he took it today. We work shifts,nearlys and afternoon, but he has been on days the past two weeks because his gf had an operation.

If he comes back positive the worry is that best case scenario the whole test team will have to get tested and self isolate until results are back. Worst case is we have to all self isolate for ten days and show no symptoms and then come back. Nobody is sure wtfnis going on. Hopefully he hasn't got the bug. Because if he has it's gonna pretty much shut our factory down because our team of 30+ interact with the whole site daily

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So
One of my coworkers is sick, he went to go to the doctor and he has to provide a negative test before they see him. Think he took it today. We work shifts,nearlys and afternoon, but he has been on days the past two weeks because his gf had an operation.

If he comes back positive the worry is that best case scenario the whole test team will have to get tested and self isolate until results are back. Worst case is we have to all self isolate for ten days and show no symptoms and then come back. Nobody is sure wtfnis going on. Hopefully he hasn't got the bug. Because if he has it's gonna pretty much shut our factory down because our team of 30+ interact with the whole site daily
what did you have for lunch?