General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
You still think Trump is gonna win?

Not many undecided voters left. This doesn't help.
At no point did I ever think Trump was going to win legitimately. I just thought the election was going to be rigged like the 2000 election on steroids.

But yes, the logical part of my brain is starting to take over. It's looking like he can't win, particularly with how many people have already voted. The margin is going to be too great for the shenanigans to make up for it.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I found this paragraph interesting. Bootlegging?

CBC North has documented a surge in alcohol and substance abuse in Canada's northern territories thanks in part to more bootlegging and access to cash through the Canadian emergency relief benefit (CERB) and other relief supports.
We have remote Indigenous communities where alcohol is banned down here. I know it used to be the same in Canuck land, but it's been years since I researched it. And funnily, enough the reason I can't remember anything is due to alcohol abuse. But from limited memory, in Canada, Indigenous communities vote on it themselves to stay 'dry'.

As much as Americans stereotype Native Americans for alcohol abuse (and Kiwis with Maoris), it's actually way worse in Canada and Australia.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This can only be about 2 things.

1. Asteroids

2. War & NWO.

The cure is everywhere, studies are in, solid.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Cases have been spiking considerably in my kids hometown. Now that I've gone full tankie, I'm hoping it's like the Biblical results in Egypt.

M

member 3289

I will not argue that the South is the dumbest region in the U.S.

But the midwest is a close second.

Ffs get things under control you goofy-sounding fucks.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I will not argue that the South is the dumbest region in the U.S.

But the midwest is a close second.

Ffs get things under control you goofy-sounding fucks.
I will argue it.

My people may not be much for fancy book learning but dangit we know how to build and create some shit.

If you're broken down on the side of the road and someone pulls over to help and they're from the north or midwest it's up in the air if they can help. If Ned pulls over and gets out wearing bibs and no shirt you can rest at ease knowing that a "well that's your problem right there" is just around the corner.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I'm not going to go a whole lot deeper into the daily Mail of all papers. But you can't call it a 98% drop if you don't have comparison data.

and frankly I don't know how to deep dive data from areas that should have data like Australia which finished its flu season.

it is very odd there are no recorded flu cases flu season or not

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Flu Deaths Reality Check

Another model assumes that every extra death that happens in the winter is a flu death. At the risk of oversimplifying, this is the basic formula of that model: winter deaths (minus) summer deaths = death by flu virus.

That includes winter deaths from slippery sidewalks, snowy roads, freezing temperatures, plus all the winter heart failure, lung failure and deaths from cancer. In the language of the computer model, all excess mortality in winter is considered "death by flu."