General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
As many as 29 people above the age of 75 died in Norway after getting vaccinated for Covid-19. Pfizer's BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine is the only vaccine available in Norway.

The number of people above 75 with serious underlying health conditions who died after taking vaccines for the coronavirus (Covid-19) disease in Norway went up to 29 on Saturday. The Scandinavian country, which has inoculated more than 25,000 people since the vaccination drive began on December 27 last year, has confirmed the deaths.

Earlier, the age group thought to be in the danger zone was above 80, but the fresh six deaths on Saturday further lowered it to 75 and also raised questions over which groups to target in national inoculation programme.

Here is what we know so far:

- The Covid-19 vaccine made by Pfizer and BioNTech is the only one available in Norway and all deaths are seen to be linked with it, according to Norwegian Medicines Agency (NMA).

- The NMA wrote to news agency Bloomberg and confirmed that while most people have experienced the expected side effects of the vaccine, 13 deaths have been assessed and another 16 are being looked at for having been caused due to it. “There are 13 deaths that have been assessed, and we are aware of another 16 deaths that are currently being assessed,” the agency said, adding that all the reported deaths related to “elderly people with serious basic disorders”.

- The side effects being seen in most people are nausea and vomiting, fever, local reactions at the injection site, and worsening of their underlying condition. According to the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH), the vaccine could have marginal or no benefit for those who have a very short remaining life span anyway. For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences, it added.

- Pfizer has said it is investigating the deaths along with BioNTech and the NIPH and the agency has found that “the number of incidents so far is not alarming, and in line with expectations.”

- Norway, however, has not said that younger, healthier people should avoid being vaccinated.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
As many as 29 people above the age of 75 died in Norway after getting vaccinated for Covid-19. Pfizer's BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine is the only vaccine available in Norway.

The number of people above 75 with serious underlying health conditions who died after taking vaccines for the coronavirus (Covid-19) disease in Norway went up to 29 on Saturday. The Scandinavian country, which has inoculated more than 25,000 people since the vaccination drive began on December 27 last year, has confirmed the deaths.

Earlier, the age group thought to be in the danger zone was above 80, but the fresh six deaths on Saturday further lowered it to 75 and also raised questions over which groups to target in national inoculation programme.

Here is what we know so far:

- The Covid-19 vaccine made by Pfizer and BioNTech is the only one available in Norway and all deaths are seen to be linked with it, according to Norwegian Medicines Agency (NMA).

- The NMA wrote to news agency Bloomberg and confirmed that while most people have experienced the expected side effects of the vaccine, 13 deaths have been assessed and another 16 are being looked at for having been caused due to it. “There are 13 deaths that have been assessed, and we are aware of another 16 deaths that are currently being assessed,” the agency said, adding that all the reported deaths related to “elderly people with serious basic disorders”.

- The side effects being seen in most people are nausea and vomiting, fever, local reactions at the injection site, and worsening of their underlying condition. According to the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH), the vaccine could have marginal or no benefit for those who have a very short remaining life span anyway. For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences, it added.

- Pfizer has said it is investigating the deaths along with BioNTech and the NIPH and the agency has found that “the number of incidents so far is not alarming, and in line with expectations.”

- Norway, however, has not said that younger, healthier people should avoid being vaccinated.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Literally just a guy in real life stating what people are posting online. It just sounds even more insane when actually spoken.
That is 2020's legacy. I know more people than I can count who've been at home for better part of a year and think what they see on social media is what's going on outside.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

What's the point in arguing about masks?

Its not such an imposition.

There will be inquiries after this is over. I think the big one is the lack of planning this side of the pond.

We have real morons making bad calls that are u turned sometimes the same day. Johnson is a thick cunt of such epic proportions I struggle not to punch a wall when I hear his voice.

The problem in this country is when they hear a posh accent they assume that person is clever.

Its usually the opposite.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What's the point in arguing about masks?

Its not such an imposition.

There will be inquiries after this is over. I think the big one is the lack of planning this side of the pond.

We have real morons making bad calls that are u turned sometimes the same day. Johnson is a thick cunt of such epic proportions I struggle not to punch a wall when I hear his voice.

The problem in this country is when they hear a posh accent they assume that person is clever.

Its usually the opposite.
If you finish the video then you will realize it isn't really about masks
He starts with masks and finishes with the jugular

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
It's fucking insane. Let's get 2021 over with, 2022 has got to be better right?
My hope is that the younger folks are by and large more media savvy.

Older peepz can't handle the big developments life brought since the cold war all that well.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Y'all have a lot of conspiracy jetboat owners over there?
We have our fair share of conspiracy jetboat owners, but really the problem lies with the governments handling of it and failure to adopt a zero-covid approach in the summer.