General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Denial based on gender, and race cool too?
I wouldn't say cool. That makes it seem like I'm actually for people discriminating. Couldn't be further from the truth.

It's also a huge leap from a choice that someone makes to how they are physically made but you already knew that.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Disagree with the first statement.
Agree and also disagree on the second, it's situationally dependant.
Well. He is Canadian so they only have about 17 shots to go around so it's not really a choice there like it is here.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I wouldn't say cool. That makes it seem like I'm actually for people discriminating. Couldn't be further from the truth.

It's also a huge leap from a choice that someone makes to how they are physically made but you already knew that.
That's the rub. You were cool with me telling people in wheelchairs and cancer patients to kick rocks, and again, not everyone can receive vaccines.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
That's the rub. You were cool with me telling people in wheelchairs and cancer patients to kick rocks, and again, not everyone can receive vaccines.
Don't use the word cool. I don't have to like something to think it should be your right to act a certain way. The two have nothing to do with one another. One is an opinion/feeling and the other is based on a belief in personal freedom.

If I had to like everything then we would have far more people sentenced to death just based on how people park.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Don't use the word cool. I don't have to like something to think it should be your right to act a certain way. The two have nothing to do with one another. One is an opinion/feeling and the other is based on a belief in personal freedom.
I apologize. When I say "cool" I just mean "Fine" and not "You're actively encouraging."

If I had to like everything then we would have far more people sentenced to death just based on how people park.
Something we can all agree on.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
It's not a practical solution. And the government would be heavily criticized for advocating "fat shaming".

I'm not saying that making lifestyle changes in five months wouldn't help a person build a stronger immune system to fight covid because it absolutely would.

It's just not practical enough to advocate.
This has aged well.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
*Man in 2021*

*Says spanish flu numbers were exaggerated*

*Also says Covid numbers are undercounted*

Not arguing either number but it comes across a bit hypocritical doesn't it?
*Understands that you can't compare estimates based on very limited historical data and flawed official statistics as if they are the same thing*

While the availability of robust official counts helps with covid death estimates, ultimately the only way to do any type of comparison between the Spanish flu and covid will be based on estimates.

The Spanish Flu death count (for the US) you see thrown around is likely exaggerated (as are some CDC counts of seasonal flu deaths). But it won't matter.

Even the exaggerated number is still lower than the final low-end estimates will be for covid.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
*Understands that you can't compare estimates based on very limited historical data and flawed official statistics as if they are the same thing*

While the availability of robust official counts helps with covid death estimates, ultimately the only way to do any type of comparison between the Spanish flu and covid will be based on estimates.

The Spanish Flu death count (for the US) you see thrown around is likely exaggerated (as are some CDC counts of seasonal flu deaths). But it won't matter.

Even the exaggerated number is still lower than the final low-end estimates will be for covid.
I don't doubt it

Just find it interesting how 2021 man knows everything about everyting

The Pendulum

AI Posting
Dec 30, 2015

This isn't exactly recent, and it's continually in the news cycle.