Society Coronapocalypse USA decimation running death count

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
From your article....

Instead of providing intensive care to all patients who need it, the authors suggest, it may become necessary to follow “the most widely shared criteria regarding distributive justice and the appropriate allocation of limited health resources.”

"May become necessary"
There's a word for it, it's called triage.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
From your article....

Instead of providing intensive care to all patients who need it, the authors suggest, it may become necessary to follow “the most widely shared criteria regarding distributive justice and the appropriate allocation of limited health resources.”

"May become necessary"
got a number yet?

Too swole to control

Oct 28, 2015
got a number yet?

I gave numbers twice. I agree w the new projections of 100k-240k in the USA. Are you asking me what I think the death toll will be or asking me for a number that would be scary.
I'd say we will be less than 300k in the USA and probably under 150k. With the mortality rate, the number of cases would have to be sky high to exceed 300,000 deaths.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I gave numbers twice. I agree w the new projections of 100k-240k in the USA. Are you asking me what I think the death toll will be or asking me for a number that would be scary.
I'd say we will be less than 300k in the USA and probably under 150k. With the mortality rate, the number of cases would have to be sky high to exceed 300,000 deaths.
So you agree with the projectoons that are based on us all doing all the things you were mocking...

How very nuanced.

Too swole to control

Oct 28, 2015
So you agree with the projectoons that are based on us all doing all the things you were mocking...

How very nuanced.
We are pretending to do most of that. As I have been saying.....there are a handful of ppl wearing masks at my job or anywhere else. I see strangers and am within 6 feet of them all day. All over town. Social distancing is a joke for the most part but it will get credit for the low numbers.
I am going by numbers not emotion or guesses as to why

Like the stock market. You need to know where it is moving as it happens. The reasons you assign to the move afterward are meaningless

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
By limiting the OP focus to the USA, The OP is hedging his bet. If we all do work on his behalf and prevent a tragedy he gets to tell us we are idiots for our success in flattening the curve.
The OP is actually banking on our success.

There's a reason he didn't look at global rates and growth.

There's a reason there will be moving goal posts later.
100,000+ dead in the US in the next 18 months.

I'll wait the cavalier attitude that this is only three flu seasons. Ignoring that we are currently preventing 60 of them.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
We are pretending to do most of that. As I have been saying.....there are a handful of ppl wearing masks at my job or anywhere else. I see strangers and am within 6 feet of them all day. All over town. Social distancing is a joke for the most part but it will get credit for the low numbers.
I am going by numbers not emotion or guesses as to why

Like the stock market. You need to know where it is moving as it happens. The reasons you assign to the move afterward are meaningless

Every single place in the world has people that looks at somewhere else thats fucked and says that wont happen here, you are seeing that with where ever you are and N.Y

It is a few weeks ahead of your area there as well as probably being an easier area to spread the disease, but if what you are saying about social distancing is true it will catch up, even if it isn't hit as bad as N.Y the health service will be slammed.

Right now you need to stop it moving at all, thats our best approach based on expert opinion on a worldwide scale.

Social distancing will "get credit" for being a knee jerk reaction, attempting to contain the spread of a virus that wasn't taken seriously enough by a lot of governments.

Quote here I saw was a good one, not sure which poster posted it or who the quote is from.

Everything you do to contain a pandemic will be considered an over reaction before the damge is done, everything you do after the fact will be deemed not enough.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Everything you do to contain a pandemic will be considered an over reaction before the damage is done, everything you do after the fact will be deemed not enough.
I agree 100%

I also put your statement towards an economic collapse and the repercussions of that, and the subsequent depression.

Large equation we are working with here, lotta variables.

It's tricky.

Too swole to control

Oct 28, 2015
I don't see the problem. Yes my thread is about the usa. Other countries also leveling out. We are not actually doing social distancing.....the government is saying "we are going to shut down the economy and you may get sick at this business and this business but not these". I still run into the same amount of ppl just at different places. Everywhere I got is packed now. You're acting like I changed the title of this thread. It was always USA.
And ppl were freaking out telling me over a million deaths. Now that I came out and said under 300k USA, everyone is acting like they knew it all along. That ain't what motherfuckers been saying. Ppl on my FB were saying 5 million dead. Ppl in here over a million.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't see the problem. Yes my thread is about the usa. Other countries also leveling out. We are not actually doing social distancing.....the government is saying "we are going to shut down the economy and you may get sick at this business and this business but not these". I still run into the same amount of ppl just at different places. Everywhere I got is packed now. You're acting like I changed the title of this thread. It was always USA.
And ppl were freaking out telling me over a million deaths. Now that I came out and said under 300k USA, everyone is acting like they knew it all along. That ain't what motherfuckers been saying. Ppl on my FB were saying 5 million dead. Ppl in here over a million.
We've been posting the exact specific projections for a month. The government's projections are almost built entirely around the London imperial college paper which is very public and has been repeated ad nauseam around the internet and on this forum. it's been spelled out in basic English but you were too busy making fun of everybody.
Do you notice that your final number is exactly the same as the projections for the people saying hey we need to do some things to stop 2 million dead?

"I agree with the projections of death based around current interventions and also passive aggressively complain about those interventions. When I realize those projections are accurate, I will then attack the non-outcome that is prevented by those interventions as deeming those interventions punitive with zero value."

This is like a pandemic's version of the narcissist prayer.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
I agree 100%

I also put your statement towards an economic collapse and the repercussions of that, and the subsequent depression.

Large equation we are working with here, lotta variables.

It's tricky.
A few weeks or month of lockdown wont stop the economy if the right measures are taken.

A few million dead might choke the machine in more ways than one.

If a business is operating on the tiniest profit margin it wont take a pandemic to close it either.

Regardless there isn't much of a choice in how we react now, thats the scary part.

I agree with what you are saying though, interesting times we are seeing unfold, how the aftermath of such drastic measures and what ever damage is done is handled is going to be one to watch.

Haven't been reading much about this thing as I have been trying to unglue my brain from the news and thinking about COVID too much but check this article out,if you haven't already, I think you will enjoy it.

The Coronation | Charles Eisenstein

Too swole to control

Oct 28, 2015
I went to work today and rented a car and then giant and now I'ma go to gas station and get laid. Tell me all about how social distance is saving us. It's the government flexing its power and you all dropped to your knees. Go wash your hands pussies
We've been posting the exact specific projections for a month. The government's projections are almost built entirely around the London imperial college paper which is very public and has been repeated ad nauseam around the internet and on this forum. it's been spelled out in basic English but you were too busy making fun of everybody.
Do you notice that your final number is exactly the same as the projections for the people saying hey we need to do some things to stop 2 million dead?

"I agree with the projections of death based around current interventions and also passive aggressively complain about those interventions. When I realize those projections are accurate, I will then attack the non-outcome that is prevented by those interventions as deeming those interventions punitive with zero val

This is like a pandemic's version of the narcissist prayer.
You keep saying the projections are based off of social distancing and hand washing. Are they? The projections are based off new cases and deaths. Not how many hand washes ppl do. Or how much soap or how many feet you are from other ppl. They are based on cases and mortality rates. Idk if you read that projection but it said it could be significantly lower than even 100k Because they don't rly fucking know how much effect that shit is having or could have

And btw I didn't read shit in here for like first ten pages and this is why. This thread is now garbage. And you are all acting like you had the same number as me. Btw I didn't say hey everyone I'ma pick a number gather round. I was asked to, I looked thru that stats and I picked one. So shut up fruit

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Anybody that wants to complain about the current economic impact of interventions (go right ahead it's a valid thought) needs to do a few things to be consistent and not just a simple contrarian that can't see past their nose.

You must be able to answer the following variables with some kind of valid information:

- what's the cost of the current interventions? Don't just complain about it, point out the actual lost cost in whatever measures you are valuing.

-what's the economic cost of 2 million dead?
Don't just complain about the models. That's straight down the middle of every single model that says what happens with no intervention. The only significant disagreements in the models is what to do after lockdown. Everybody agrees 1 million to 4 million dead and the need for a 3 to 4 week hardlock down followed by various arguments about tapering afterwards. If you can show the world why all of the models are wrong, then go right ahead. But that's a bigger ask than simply calculating the economic cost of not intervention.

- finally you have to be able to ethically justify what amount of cost you will trade for a life. If the economic cost between the two options of intervention and non intervention are the same you then have to tell me how many people are okay to die through non intervention to justify non intervention. If the cost of intervention is twice as much as the cost of non-intervention, then you have to go and clearly discuss how many additional lives are okay to lose to save that money.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
A few weeks or month of lockdown wont stop the economy if the right measures are taken.

A few million dead might choke the machine in more ways than one.

If a business is operating on the tiniest profit margin it wont take a pandemic to close it either.

Regardless there isn't much of a choice in how we react now, thats the scary part.

I agree with what you are saying though, interesting times we are seeing unfold, how the aftermath of such drastic measures and what ever damage is done is handled is going to be one to watch.

Haven't been reading much about this thing as I have been trying to unglue my brain from the news and thinking about COVID too much but check this article out,if you haven't already, I think you will enjoy it.

The Coronation | Charles Eisenstein
yep
all about perspective

now that "we" have reacted, there is no putting it back...in fact you are more likely to see doubling down
regardless of the numbers dead, this narrative and action has set precedence that could get very ugly if prolonged or repeated.

Crazy times is an understatement