Society Coronapocalypse USA decimation running death count

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Anybody that wants to complain about the current economic impact of interventions (go right ahead it's a valid thought) needs to do a few things to be consistent and not just a simple contrarian that can't see past their nose.

You must be able to answer the following variables with some kind of valid information:

- what's the cost of the current interventions? Don't just complain about it, point out the actual lost cost in whatever measures you are valuing.

-what's the economic cost of 2 million dead?
Don't just complain about the models. That's straight down the middle of every single model that says what happens with no intervention. The only significant disagreements in the models is what to do after lockdown. Everybody agrees 1 million to 4 million dead and the need for a 3 to 4 week hardlock down followed by various arguments about tapering afterwards. If you can show the world why all of the models are wrong, then go right ahead. But that's a bigger ask than simply calculating the economic cost of not intervention.

- finally you have to be able to ethically justify what amount of cost you will trade for a life. If the economic cost between the two options of intervention and non intervention are the same you then have to tell me how many people are okay to die through non intervention to justify non intervention. If the cost of intervention is twice as much as the cost of non-intervention, then you have to go and clearly discuss how many additional lives are okay to lose to save that money.
one cost is delayed
one is immediate

and truly comparing them with data will be forever impossible...u can't play both scenarios out and have reliable data

It isn't as simple of an equation as you make it out to be

can't produce numbers for effects/costs that haven't happened yet...the thread and the cost/effects economically and on the american family and mental health may be interesting to look back on later down the line...right now there is a rise in mental health problems, potential foreclosures, and evictions, those lead to other things.

I respect you perspective and opinion and hope you have a great day

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
I went to work today and rented a car and then giant and now I'ma go to gas station and get laid. Tell me all about how social distance is saving us. It's the government flexing its power and you all dropped to your knees. Go wash your hands pussies

You keep saying the projections are based off of social distancing and hand washing. Are they? The projections are based off new cases and deaths. Not how many hand washes ppl do. Or how much soap or how many feet you are from other ppl. They are based on cases and mortality rates. Idk if you read that projection but it said it could be significantly lower than even 100k Because they don't rly fucking know how much effect that shit is having or could have

And btw I didn't read shit in here for like first ten pages and this is why. This thread is now garbage. And you are all acting like you had the same number as me. Btw I didn't say hey everyone I'ma pick a number gather round. I was asked to, I looked thru that stats and I picked one. So shut up fruit
You get easily rattled by people taking the piss out of you, considering you started this thread to take the piss.

Kübler-Ross model - Wikipedia

Where on this scale do you feel you are right now?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So shut up fruit
Your entire post is inaccurate in all kinds of ways, all the way down to your complete misunderstanding of where models come from and what they're based off of.

But at least you picked a hilarious insult.

I can admire that more than you pussy footing and hemming and hawing about an actual conclusion.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Your entire post is inaccurate in all kinds of ways, all the way down to your complete misunderstanding of where models come from and what they're based off of.

I can admire that more than you pussy footing and hemming and hawing about an actual conclusion.
that is exactly what a hypocrit queef would say

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Do you recall this story? Very similar and was also used to justify a huge power play.

Taking babies out of incubators
Taking old people off ventilators

Except this time they are smart enough not to put a name or face on it
so what is a proof that you'll accept? I get that you don't believe hearsay from a politico, but even eyewitness testimony is suspect for you?

do you have to extubate a patient yourself?

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
so what is a proof that you'll accept? I get that you don't believe hearsay from a politico, but even eyewitness testimony is suspect for you?

do you have to extubate a patient yourself?
You haven't been able to show any proof this is happening so how bout you pump your brakes. Idk what you're trying to get me to say but it's not happening

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You haven't been able to show any proof this is happening so how bout you pump your brakes. Idk what you're trying to get me to say but it's not happening
just asking what satisfies your burden of proof to acknowledge that something is actually a thing.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Fucken Splinty @Splinty the fruit.

This shit has cracked me up.

M

member 3289

Nothing will. He either genuinely doesn't understand what's going on, or he's cutie pieing.
It is definitely the first option. His posts are so unbelievable at times that you want to believe he's trolIing, but he's not. He's just not that bright.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'll have to research this. I started a quarantine cooking thread. You should do something with it and post about it.
i don't know if I can get tangelos right now, but I'll see what I can scare up. Maybe I can get oranges and tangerines and make a mix...