Society Coronapocalypse USA decimation running death count

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
you're confusing asymptomatic for disease-free.

asymptomatic spread is well-documented. One sample even showed that among 7 people who were exposed at the same time, the asymptomatic people had a higher viral load in their samples. And people continue to shed virus for 4-7 weeks after symptoms first appear.

if you're not symptomatic, mask the fuck up.
if you've already been sick, mask the fuck up.

if you're symptomatic, Stay The Fuck Home.
I was just responding to your last paragraph.
I'm not sick. I'm not coughing. I'm not sneezing. And I can hold my breath for 3 minutes. :D

But I'm not going to wear a mask. I believe they put me at a higher risk.

If I do show symptoms, I'll put one on.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
I would suggest welding ppl into their homes but I don't think we have enough ppl left to do the welding. Do we have robots that can do it? The death total is now 1371. My head is spinning. How many ppl are there in the USA? Like 1400 maybe? Where will we bury all these ppl. I'm surprised i can still see the sun w the bodies stacked so high.
I never thought I would see the day when 1371 ppl died in this country. It doesn't seem real.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
look at Bergamo. They had 98 deaths in the previous March. This year, they had 400. Only 136 were officially COVID19.

the important thing to remember is that, at most, it could be approaching an order of magnitude below what we see now. What we're seeing in the US now, among resolved cases, is a mortality of 15%.

in my estimation, best case mortality is going to be around .8%, but probably closer to 1.6%

so best case on a very limited data set, 60% infected with a .8% mortality - 1.6M dead

obviously we can drive that number lower by #MaskTheFuckUp
There was a plane crash there on March 2.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I would suggest welding ppl into their homes but I don't think we have enough ppl left to do the welding. Do we have robots that can do it? The death total is now 1371. My head is spinning. How many ppl are there in the USA? Like 1400 maybe? Where will we bury all these ppl. I'm surprised i can still see the sun w the bodies stacked so high.
I never thought I would see the day when 1371 ppl died in this country. It doesn't seem real.
Is it the withdraws or are you normally like this?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's gotta be at least 1442 because that's the death count now, and we're just a bunch of AI programs arguing.

Seriously though, get real. You'll have your 4000 dead this weekend.
If we hadn't have done what we did as a country it'd be 8000, then 32,000 by next weekend.
Thank God millenials don't run shit.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I was just responding to your last paragraph.
I'm not sick. I'm not coughing. I'm not sneezing. And I can hold my breath for 3 minutes. :D

But I'm not going to wear a mask. I believe they put me at a higher risk.

If I do show symptoms, I'll put one on.
there's an 80% reduction in communication of the flu when everyone in the household wears a mask.

I respect your feels, but a deadly virus will not.

Stay safe, fren.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Read about a priest who gave up his ventilator to a younger person knowing he would die as a result.

Had something in my eye.
Now there's a blessed man whose positive karma has been fulfilled. On his way to paradise he is.

Namaste

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
That's a fair point.

But I think if you are going to weigh which figure is being more incorrectly factored, there are far more people never being diagnosed and getting better on their own than those that die and nobody knowing why.

Mortality rates are difficult to get accurate in the middle of a pandemic, and many people take them as hard numbers. They aren't.
This actually explains well some of the motivation for the lack of availability of tests.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
What's crazy is looking at the numbers continuing to climb in terms of cofirmed cases and deaths and at the same time you hear conflicting stories of good and bad in places like NYC. Yesterday I heard things were getting better in NYC then you hear a medical worker there say it's worse than 9/11.

I'm conflicted too because at first I couldn't believe we shut down the country over the virus and now I think it's way too soon for Trump to have things go back to normal as the numbers keep climbing...

M

member 3289

It's gotta be at least 1442 because that's the death count now, and we're just a bunch of AI programs arguing.

Seriously though, get real. You'll have your 4000 dead this weekend.
If we hadn't have done what we did as a country it'd be 8000, then 32,000 by next weekend.
Thank God millenials don't run shit.
In my county alone there are 3-4 additional deaths that a retirement home has reported but that the state hasn't added to the official figures for whatever reason.

And that's just one county.

Stupid thread is stupid.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
there's an 80% reduction in communication of the flu when everyone in the household wears a mask.

I respect your feels, but a deadly virus will not.

Stay safe, fren.
I don't believe it's airborne.
Droplets only, yeah?

So unless someone sneezes or coughs in my face I'm good. Hell, even with a mask that shit is getting in your eyes unless you have goggles on. Still fucked.

I will wear one if (when) I get sick.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I don't even know where I could procure a mask. I don't need to go out for a few weeks so it isn't an issue but where would I buy one if I had to?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I don't even know where I could procure a mask. I don't need to go out for a few weeks so it isn't an issue but where would I buy one if I had to?
I have one I don't intend to use if you want it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
3d print or sew one.

there were some on Amazon for about 2 minutes the other day.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
No, there wasn't I was just yanking your chain. But it brings up a concern about that "report" that's being trotted around, they have no COD for any of the people. They're just saying "There was a death spike, therefore, corona."
it's the most reasonable explanation, unless you have a better one.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
It is now 1543 dead in the United States. They said it was a pandemic but I didn't realize I was going to die this week. God speed to anyone unlucky enough to still be alive. I will see you in heaven soon