General Critical Race Theory

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It's no different than going up to a breast cancer fundraiser and complaining that all cancers are bad.
Your comment reminded me of this article. Worth the read.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I am as white as bill the butcher, yet due to my name and background and ability to tan like a champion whenever I want, it's always been Mexican this Mexican that.

I actually worked with a white dude called Rodriguez and we chatted about how weird it was two white Mexican, 3 even there was another one, all wound up in same place. It is strange. 3 outta 15 maybe people are white Mexicans. I've never met another in my life before or since

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
IDK, if you look at one race who fought and died the most in all the wars US was involved is white people, that includes the war to abolish slavery
that's helluva sacrifice and is noted in every single history book, not sure what CRT supposed to benefit

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Brian Ortega

And I still don't think canelo is Mexicans

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
IDK, if you look at one race who fought and died the most in all the wars US was involved is white people, that includes the war to abolish slavery
that's helluva sacrifice and is noted in every single history book, not sure what CRT supposed to benefit
The Civil War was fought by conscripts, not volunteers.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
This thread is getting pretty miserable. I want to say a lot, but I'll say a little.

K @kaladin stormblessed here's a good article I'd suggest you read on the realities in black politics by one of the foremost political scientists on earth. It's long, but I think it will be helpful. I see your heart is in the right place, but there's a subtle paternalist poison pill in your argument that I know isn't your intention.

@Kingtony87 Kamala Harris' family does not descend from a black slaveowner, but a white slave owner in Jamaica who had children with the enslaved people he claimed ownership of. The opposite claim is part of a viral meme that was amplified in part by a group I study. They similarly amplified her mother's familial status as Brahmin caste, which is true. Further, you make some good points about the universal nature of exploitation experienced by multiple ethnic groups at the hands of people who both look and sound like them and don't. It is a good argument to think through why social classes come into being, how they are maintained and what layering identity over them does to confuse things.

@Splinty you did the reading and it shows.
thanks. i can tell by the first paragraph that the article is way above my pay grade. im sure theres a lot i could learn if i read it, especially if i googled all the terms its using, but i dont have the time unfortunately

so ill just stick to the basics. im against voter suppression that is going on in some states

ill try my best to avoid spamming this thread more, as i am actually more interesting in learning than pretending to know what im talkign about

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
probably higher than 90%, that's helluva sacrifice
What point is it that you think you're making? That white people wanted to end slavery? Because they didn't. The government did for their own financial gain.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
thanks. i can tell by the first paragraph that the article is way above my pay grade. im sure theres a lot i could learn if i read it, especially if i googled all the terms its using, but i dont have the time unfortunately

so ill just stick to the basics. im against voter suppression that is going on in some states

ill try my best to avoid spamming this thread more, as i am actually more interesting in learning than pretending to know what im talkign about

Here's a 12 minute YouTube video instead.

View: https://youtu.be/cIKt5CrvWf0

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I am as white as bill the butcher, yet due to my name and background and ability to tan like a champion whenever I want, it's always been Mexican this Mexican that.

I actually worked with a white dude called Rodriguez and we chatted about how weird it was two white Mexican, 3 even there was another one, all wound up in same place. It is strange. 3 outta 15 maybe people are white Mexicans. I've never met another in my life before or since
In the past I've worked with people of Mexican heritage and appearance who speak less Spanish than me, and in fact were annoyed that other folks assume they can speak Spanish.

M

member 3289

Holy fuck did this thread get gay.

Can we go back to white conservatives making carefully worded statements that they think don't sound racist?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Here's a 12 minute YouTube video instead.

View: https://youtu.be/cIKt5CrvWf0
solid video. im with him in terms of what we should be focused on so as to forge a better future

as far as how to discuss racial topics, im not part of any organization that discusses and speaks out about such topics

that video reminded me that i was foolish for trying to express my uneducated opinions about it on a forum. my words were a waste of my own time as well as that of others. lets see how long i remember that tho lol

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
In the past I've worked with people of Mexican heritage and appearance who speak less Spanish than me, and in fact were annoyed that other folks assume they can speak Spanish.
My dad speaks Spanish but he sounds like cheech and Chong. It makes them giggle. First time I saw it asked and he said it's his accent.its funny watching my dad talk to them. The Mexicans get very confused. He's from Missouri living in California so his English accent is fucked up. But when he starts speaking Spanish in his accent it fucks with thier heads. I laugh with em. It's fucken weird, he can speak perfect Spanish but it like John Wayne or Al sweargen saying it. It doesn't sound right. He got a kick out of it too, he knew it was weird, that's why he always did it.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He's actually fairly fluent. To my knowledge complely fluent. He just sounds like a dumbass when he uses it. He's another white Mexican btw, if you saw him you would never in a million years think he was half Mexicans.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
My dad speaks Spanish but he sounds like cheech and Chong. It makes them giggle. First time I saw it asked and he said it's his accent.its funny watching my dad talk to them. The Mexicans get very confused. He's from Missouri living in California so his English accent is fucked up. But when he starts speaking Spanish in his accent it fucks with thier heads. I laugh with em. It's fucken weird, he can speak perfect Spanish but it like John Wayne or Al sweargen saying it. It doesn't sound right. He got a kick out of it too, he knew it was weird, that's why he always did it.
"You mean we're smoking dog shit man?"

Meanwhile, Sgt. Stedenko be like
4lpmbp.jpg

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My grandfather, the actual Mexicans, never heard him say a word of Spanish. He was a proud American! Very proud. He wanted fuck all to do with Mexico. I got a letter from Obama when he died. They probably give em to everyone, but my grandfather was ex air force and army and did some research for them (which was strange when I never knew and started doing the same)

Never ever heard my gramps speak Mexicans tho. He was a mean motherfucker and definitely head of the family. It didn't matter. If grandpa said, then that was that. He really ruled the roost. When he died my ex cried. Apparently I look like him from an old pic. And I do actually, even I see it we were like fucken twins. It skipped a generation or something because I don't look much like my dad. And neither him or my uncle look like him.

I could pose as him in customs and get thru. It really upset my girlfriend at the time, she had never seen or met him and it fucked her brain up

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
What point is it that you think you're making? That white people wanted to end slavery? Because they didn't. The government did for their own financial gain.
lol you make it sound like they were all conscripts, only made up about 7% out of over 2 million something union soldiers, which rest are volunteers

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
lol you make it sound like they were all conscripts, only made up about 7% out of over 2 million something union soldiers, which rest are volunteers
You realize that conscription happens when you run out of volunteers, right?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Not a single person in the government spoke against slavery and worked to end it because they genuinely believed it to be a monstrous evil, of course.

Not even one.

??