Sci/Tech Elon Musk becomes Twitter’s largest shareholder

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Guy is going to be a major problem for mankind

Seriously. Creates thousands of jobs. Stands up for free speech. Advances technology for all mankind. Pays more taxes than anyone ever. Single-handedly keeps Ukraine’s chances to defend themselves alive by giving them Starlink.

Horrible person. Huge problem.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Seriously. Creates thousands of jobs. Stands up for free speech. Advances technology for all mankind. Pays more taxes than anyone ever. Single-handedly keeps Ukraine’s chances to defend themselves alive by giving them Starlink.

Horrible person. Huge problem.

He is starting to evolve into a very dangerous person.

If you really think he's out to protect your interests and rights you may need to give your head a wobble.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
He is starting to evolve into a very dangerous person.

If you really think he's out to protect your interests and rights you may need to give your head a wobble.
Eh, I think he is a businessman and a Libertarian. I don’t necessarily think he is out to protect my interests but I also don’t think he is nefarious. Not being a raging liberal does not mean he has malicious intent like so many sheep are willing to believe.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
buy the place and replace every person on the spot. then start going thru piece by piece investigating what they were actually doing. who they were spying on and running interference for. expose them all.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

It's actually a terrible deal for either side that wins it.

Twitter can easily fend off this attempt as Elon purchasing. It is not in the best interest of all the shareholders. Can easily place a poison pill to maintain the vision of the company however they want. And no matter what somebody's going to sue the Twitter leadership.

Elon for his part doesn't actually want to purchase this and it's the typical sleight of hand like accepting Bitcoin during bad news from China and then suddenly realizing that Bitcoin isn't very environmentally friendly so we're not taking it anymore. But don't worry guys, we're going to take it again in the future. It's all wolf tickets.
If Elon wins the deal, which he has no intent to do so as and has already started making all the overtures in preparation for selling off his stock, then he does not have the cash to purchase the company. He would have to sell all 50 billion dollars worth of Tesla stock or go to debt financing from a bank which seems like a bad purchase or go get more Saudi money in partnership. None of those options are very good. And when the deal does fall through and then Elon uses his as excuse to sell off his stock (as he said he would and that he is already planning to sell off) he will either use it as a bludgeon for the rest of his days to troll the leadership or quit Twitter in a very public display to create a competing entity at a fraction of the 50 billion dollar offer.

The hostile takeover is a personal brand creation. It's not a real purchase attempt and already has outs for Elon. But it does put the Twitter leadership in a very difficult position in fending it off.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
It's actually a terrible deal for either side that wins it.

Twitter can easily fend off this attempt as Elon purchasing. It is not in the best interest of all the shareholders. Can easily place a poison pill to maintain the vision of the company however they want. And no matter what somebody's going to sue the Twitter leadership.

Elon for his part doesn't actually want to purchase this and it's the typical sleight of hand like accepting Bitcoin during bad news from China and then suddenly realizing that Bitcoin isn't very environmentally friendly so we're not taking it anymore. But don't worry guys, we're going to take it again in the future. It's all wolf tickets.
If Elon wins the deal, which he has no intent to do so as and has already started making all the overtures in preparation for selling off his stock, then he does not have the cash to purchase the company. He would have to sell all 50 billion dollars worth of Tesla stock or go to debt financing from a bank which seems like a bad purchase or go get more Saudi money in partnership. None of those options are very good. And when the deal does fall through and then Elon uses his as excuse to sell off his stock (as he said he would and that he is already planning to sell off) he will either use it as a bludgeon for the rest of his days to troll the leadership or quit Twitter in a very public display to create a competing entity at a fraction of the 50 billion dollar offer.

The hostile takeover is a personal brand creation. It's not a real purchase attempt and already has outs for Elon. But it does put the Twitter leadership in a very difficult position in fending it off.

He's a schill for Musk.

As you say he could make a twitter for a cuppla billion quid.

But he won't he's just trolling.

Simple minded folks thinks he fighting against the system when in reality he is the system and bending it to his will.

And he's just started....

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Why did the country suddenly go all in for trusting multimillionaires to be Dudley DoRight?

"Have IQ's dropped sharply while I was away?"

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I just didn't feel like thumbing it all out again.

You watch the new Ultimatum yet?
i was jsut messing. i totally get that

fun fact: or weird fact: one of my best buds is obsessed with the golden girls. he always talks about how hot that women, or maybe another one was

ultimatum

shy girl - i dunno. she seems too beta
annoying blonde - was annoying
cowboy hats blonde - her drunk side exposed her
Shanique - looked slamming the one time in her little pink bedroom outfit
April - totally my type of girl and personality. she'd be a fun friend
Rae - slamming body, and seems like a keeper

it was enjoyable. but none of those kids were ready for marriage. granted, im sure they just did it for the exposire

april for instance had 30k the day after they dropped the episodes, and when i last checked yesterday she was up to 170k on IG

everyone else was below 20k going into the show, and even dork dudes now have 50k-90k followers after the finale

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Interesting.
Currently trading at $46.88

It gapped up about $5 after he grabbed 9% ownership, but hasn't moved nuch since.

Just him floating the idea that he's trying to overpay for the company can send the share price higher - which he obviously benefits from.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Just him floating the idea that he's trying to overpay for the company can send the share price higher - which he obviously benefits from.
The entire point. Even in his offer he basically gives a "the deal must be exactly this or I will have to sell all my shares". He's already selling his shares. He's pumping a premium before then and building his brand.

Why did the country suddenly go all in for trusting multimillionaires to be Dudley DoRight?

"Have IQ's dropped sharply while I was away?"
I've been impressed by his ventures at SpaceX even though Filthy @Filthy says I shouldn't be. But it's probably that I'm not very educated on the space...of private space.

But to answer your question, because a bunch of incel bros think Elon is their billionaire friend. Elon has to pay some taxes and doesn't have the cash to do this. He makes a Twitter poll claiming the poll outcome will be the reason for him selling off a portion of his Tesla stock. He already had to sell some to cover his payments since he doesn't have the cash on hand. He couches it in the topic of taxes on his assets held to show how little he cares about money and his lap dogs eat it up as a flag of populism.
Elon sues people to claim founder status of companies he didn't found. He sues and personally attacks anyone coming for his own brand building. He's terribly concerned with image and money as the two are inextricably linked in his setup and future value.
But still, despite publicizing risk to subsidize his company then maximally privatizing profits, people champion his altruism through business... despite the repeated anti competitive moves and vaporware as a product. He's just another businessman driven by the same accumulation goals. He is more adept at most in image management.

T

The Big Guy

The entire point. Even in his offer he basically gives a "the deal must be exactly this or I will have to sell all my shares". He's already selling his shares. He's pumping a premium before then and building his brand.

I've been impressed by his ventures at SpaceX even though Filthy @Filthy says I shouldn't be. But it's probably that I'm not very educated on the space...of private space.

But to answer your question, because a bunch of incel bros think Elon is their billionaire friend. Elon has to pay some taxes and doesn't have the cash to do this. He makes a Twitter poll claiming the poll outcome will be the reason for him selling off a portion of his Twitter stock. He already had to sell some to cover his payments since he doesn't have the cash on hand. He couches it in the topic of taxes on his assets held to show how little he cares about money and his lap dogs eat it up as a flag of populism.
Elon sues people to claim founder status of companies he didn't found. He sues and personally attacks anyone coming for his own brand building. He's terribly concerned with image and money as the two are inextricably linked in his setup and future value.
But still, despite publicizing risk to subsidize his company then maximally privatizing profits, people champion his altruism through business... despite the repeated anti competitive moves and vaporware as a product. He's just another businessman driven by the same accumulation goals. He is more adept at most in image management.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021

But to answer your question, because a bunch of incel bros think Elon is their billionaire friend. Elon has to pay some taxes and doesn't have the cash to do this. He makes a Twitter poll claiming the poll outcome will be the reason for him selling off a portion of his Twitter stock. He already had to sell some to cover his payments since he doesn't have the cash on hand. He couches it in the topic of taxes on his assets held to show how little he cares about money and his lap dogs eat it up as a flag of populism.
Let me know when the book is published, I want a signed copy?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
He walks pretty close to the edge of SEC violations.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He walks pretty close to the edge of SEC violations.
Well he's obviously way over the line since he's been fine by them before. But their fines are a joke compared to the benefits so why wouldn't he do it?
Even hiding his Twitter ownership is going to get fined. But he benefited from it and now will pay a small fine so whatever. He's an expert at working the system primarily through public funding and then hiding the profits from that public funding from the public.