General Explosions rock Manchester Arena

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
This is 2017, the US is not what it used to be, it does not have the same demographics like it used to.
I was simply answering your question. Our independence was on the principles of Christianity. Our founding fathers were also classical liberals, not to be confused with modern liberals, and believed every human had the freedom to practice there own religion...so the Declaration is written as such: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness"

So while it is 2017 and there are many versions of Christianity and other religions, the answer to your original question is simply that America was founded on the principles of Christianity and therefore was a Christian country.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Ok good one, smart intelligent poster.
I'll take it!
How is that even remotely comparable? And do you think a preacher of hate will have to have a deep discussion with his obviously easily impressionable underlings on whether a pres that swore in on a bible and is a heretic to them anyway, actually believes in it? Sure thang.

I could also post all the anti-christian propaganda by the msm, pop artists and "comedians" but this is too much time spent on a response to you.
You already made quite some effort on this post, I'm impressed. But yeah, these radicals will surely care about what Lady Gaga does and not the president. You are on the right track.

It's funny how you and your kind of people posts in these threads only after someone states the obvious.
I'm not black, dude. :eek:

All you bitches are fine with a terrorist attack
If you really believe that, you are a mental case. Point blank.
I'm also not fine with the people dying in Ukraine constantly, how about you?

all hell shall break lose if someone tries to blame the islamic fundamentalists for it.
All fundamentalists are shit. More moderation!

How has the "complicated" response to addressing terror worked so far?
You have people like Wild @Wild who are super surprised there isn't more of it for example. Maybe it is working? Hard to quantify in any kind of reasonable way.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
It is still the major religion, I think over 80%, and the Declaration of Independence is who we are as a people, which was written on Christian principles. Elected officials still swear on the bible, those facing judgement or testimony still swear on the bible, etc. To say America isn't a Christian country is somewhat dishonest. We are a free people and non-christians are allowed to be such without prosecution from the church or state.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Without all the politics going on in this thread, damn what a tragedy. And again a case of security not wanting to see the threats we face today for what they are. And this is (once again) unfortunately, the result.

I believe these attacks are not anti-christian, but anti-western. A culture in which we attempt to live in peace amongst each other no matter what religion. It's a fragile undertaking as it is, but it is challenged mostly by Isis, and similar terrorist organizations with attacks as these. Also, lets not forget these terrorist organizations do the same to their "own" people.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I was simply answering your question. Our independence was on the principles of Christianity. Our founding fathers were also classical liberals, not to be confused with modern liberals, and believed every human had the freedom to practice there own religion...so the Declaration is written as such: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness"

So while it is 2017 and there are many versions of Christianity and other religions, the answer to your original question is simply that America was founded on the principles of Christianity and therefore was a Christian country.
The founding fathers were very clear that church and state should be separated, and that we were not to be governed based on any religion. There are many parallels because they were Christian men, and not believing in a creator was a lot more rare then, so that's why that ended up in the declaration. They wouldn't have been very stoked about the US being declared a "Christian country". It goes directly against the freedom of religion that they spoke of, because not everybody is Christian, especially in today's age.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I thought this was pretty good summation of things, he's responding to The Independant's call to 'carry on as before'

Carrying on in Germany, Angela Merkel pronounced the attack "incomprehensible". But she can't be that uncomprehending, can she? Our declared enemies are perfectly straightforward in their stated goals, and their actions are consistent with their words. They select their targets with some care. For a while, it was Europe's Jews, at a Brussels museum and a Toulouse school and a Copenhagen synagogue and a Paris kosher supermarket. But Continentals are, except for political photo-ops on Holocaust Memorial Day, relatively heartless about dead Jews, and wrote off such incidents as something to do with "Israeli settlements" and "occupation" and of no broader significance.

So they moved on to slaughter 49 gays in a nightclub in Orlando - the biggest mound of gay corpses ever piled up in American history and the worst terror attack on American soil since 9/11. But all the usual noisy LGBTQWERTY activists fell suddenly silent, as if they'd all gone back in the closet and curled up in the fetal position. And those Democrats who felt obliged to weigh in thought it was something to do with the need for gun control...

So they targeted provocative expressions of the infidel's abominable false religion, decapitating a French priest at Mass and mowing down pedestrians at a Berlin Christmas market. But post-Christian Europe takes Christianity less seriously than its enemies do, and so that too merited little more than a shrug and a pledge to carry on.

So they selected symbols of nationhood, like France's Bastille Day, Canada's Cenotaph, and the Mother of Parliaments in London. But taking seriously assaults on your own nation's symbols would require you to take your nation seriously, and most western citizens are disinclined to do so. As the great universal talismanic anthem of the age has it, "Imagine there's no countries/It's easy if you try..."

So the new Caliphate's believers figured out that what their enemy really likes is consumerism and pop music. Hence the attacks on the Champs-Élysées and the flagship Åhléns department store in Stockholm, and the bloodbath at the Eagles of Death Metal concert in Paris and now at Ariana Grande's "Dangerous Woman" tour.

whole thing is here "Dangerous Woman" Meets Dangerous Man

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
It is still the major religion, I think over 80%, and the Declaration of Independence is who we are as a people, which was written on Christian principles. Elected officials still swear on the bible, those facing judgement or testimony still swear on the bible, etc. To say America isn't a Christian country is somewhat dishonest. We are a free people and non-christians are allowed to be such without prosecution from the church or state.
52% Christian. 23% Catholic. It depends if you lump them together or not.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
The founding fathers were very clear that church and state should be separated, and that we were not to be governed based on any religion. There are many parallels because they were Christian men, and not believing in a creator was a lot more rare then, so that's why that ended up in the declaration. They wouldn't have been very stoked about the US being declared a "Christian country". It goes directly against the freedom of religion that they spoke of, because not everybody is Christian, especially in today's age.
I'll admit that I shouldn't have called it a "Christian country". I was completely wrong in that sense. We were a nation founded by men of Christian faith with Christian principles, but not officially deemed as such.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
In regards to the original picture quoted that showed the before and after of Muslim countries, you have to understand that the wars and battles that made them look as they do today was a joint effort by many nations. For the context to be accurate, the nation's would have had to have been fighting under the flag of Christianity, which they weren't. Many different religions make up the ranks of the militaries that fought.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
I'll admit that I shouldn't have called it a "Christian country". I was completely wrong in that sense. We were a nation founded by men of Christian faith with Christian principles, but not officially deemed as such.
I can get on board with that.

The way I see it- when we are giving people rights, the religion of those people can be considered. When rights are being taken away, the religion of other people shouldn't be considered, meaning we can do something like provide kosher meals at school for Jewish kids and let people pray in school if they want, but we shouldn't force non-Christians to not do something just because it's against the rules of Christianity just like we shouldn't force non-Muslim women to cover their heads.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
In regards to the original picture quoted that showed the before and after of Muslim countries, you have to understand that the wars and battles that made them look as they do today was a joint effort by many nations. For the context to be accurate, the nation's would have had to have been fighting under the flag of Christianity, which they weren't. Many different religions make up the ranks of the militaries that fought.
Precisely... One of the places shown was Yemen, which is being bombed by Saudi Arabia. It was just an attempt by vutu to justify the terrorists actions as "retaliation" to "christian crimes" which is just as wrong as it can get.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I can get on board with that.

The way I see it- when we are giving people rights, the religion of those people can be considered. When rights are being taken away, the religion of other people shouldn't be considered, meaning we can do something like provide kosher meals at school for Jewish kids and let people pray in school if they want, but we shouldn't force non-Christians to not do something just because it's against the rules of Christianity just like we shouldn't force non-Muslim women to cover their heads.
Exactly. I grew up Catholic and attended Catholic school for a portion of my life and catch heat for my stance on things like prayer in school. I fully believe in separation of church and state. You shouldn't have children in a state ran public school praying. If you want your child's education to also include religion, then send them to a private school. Religion should be handled by the parents and church, not public educational institutes.

We're getting way off topic of the thread lmao

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Exactly. I grew up Catholic and attended Catholic school for a portion of my life and catch heat for my stance on things like prayer in school. I fully believe in separation of church and state. You shouldn't have children in a state ran public school praying. If you want your child's education to also include religion, then send them to a private school. Religion should be handled by the parents and church, not public educational institutes.

We're getting way off topic of the thread lmao
At least it's civil. Haha

I think kids should be allowed to pray, but it obviously shouldn't be led by a faculty member, mandatory for the kids to do or organized with a full class. The whole "see you at the pole" thing comes to mind as an acceptable practice in my eyes, if you know what that is. I don't know if that was a national thing or just local to my area.