NSFW FORMER NCAA WRESTLER SURVIVES MOUNTAIN LION ATTACK

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015

San Luis Obispo, California resident Robin Olson was hiking with his son on Saturday around 5:30 PM in Prefumo Canyon when they encountered a mountain lion. Olson immediately told his son to flee before the animal "lunged" at him. The former college wrestler then grabbed the cat by the neck in order to defend himself, and broke it in the ensuing struggle. The mountain lion died as a result.

"It's horrible, I mean, I love animals. I just happened to be in her space by accident," a regretful Olson told KSBY.

Olson suffered from a series of scratches, but was otherwise unharmed. He blames the incident on having been hiking off-trail, away from the designated path.

The National Park Service estimates the total mountain lion population to be around 5,000, and claims that attacks are extremely rare—with only three fatal attacks in the United States within in the last 16 years.

The service lists four safely precautions concerning possible contact (do not run, shout and wave your arms in order to look large and threatening, maintain eye contact, and throw sticks and rocks), but mentions that if an attack occurs, fight back.

Former NCAA Wrestler Survives Mountain Lion Attack | FIGHTLAND

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I'm making an assumption here but I'm guessing the cat was no danger to him if it scratched him a few times and did no real damage and he was able to break it's neck with his hands.

I get that he had his kid with him but it just reads like he killed an animal for no reason. Maybe my interpretation is wrong.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

San Luis Obispo, California resident Robin Olson was hiking with his son on Saturday around 5:30 PM in Prefumo Canyon when they encountered a mountain lion. Olson immediately told his son to flee before the animal "lunged" at him. The former college wrestler then grabbed the cat by the neck in order to defend himself, and broke it in the ensuing struggle. The mountain lion died as a result.

"It's horrible, I mean, I love animals. I just happened to be in her space by accident," a regretful Olson told KSBY.

Olson suffered from a series of scratches, but was otherwise unharmed. He blames the incident on having been hiking off-trail, away from the designated path.

The National Park Service estimates the total mountain lion population to be around 5,000, and claims that attacks are extremely rare—with only three fatal attacks in the United States within in the last 16 years.

The service lists four safely precautions concerning possible contact (do not run, shout and wave your arms in order to look large and threatening, maintain eye contact, and throw sticks and rocks), but mentions that if an attack occurs, fight back.

Former NCAA Wrestler Survives Mountain Lion Attack | FIGHTLAND
safety precaution number 5(also know as the olson precaution)break the fuckin lions neck

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Wrestling is back!! I thought it was done after Thompson finished Hendricks. Tell kids to stay for wrestling practice, don't go to karate.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If this is how it's written, that's badass.
It's like Alexander Emelianenko badass.

"Man survives Mountain Lion Attack", should read "Man snaps Mountain Lion's fucking neck".

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I'm making an assumption here but I'm guessing the cat was no danger to him if it scratched him a few times and did no real damage and he was able to break it's neck with his hands.

I get that he had his kid with him but it just reads like he killed an animal for no reason. Maybe my interpretation is wrong.
Thought the same thing. He was off the trail as well.

M

member 3289

Plus alligators
Yeah I said cats, but you're right. Florida has some scary ass nature.

Anyone who goes swimming in one of the canals here, much less the Everglades or Lake Okeechobee, is just asking to get eaten.