Gegard Mousasi to defend Bellator middleweight title against Rory MacDonald in September

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Gonna be interesting to see him bulked up...could surprise me also...a bit more power on his strikes could change things

mous has composure and experience on his side and looks to have a reach advantage
Agree with this. Moose hasn't ktsken big damage but he's fought a ton. I think hes really close to his decline in combat sports even though he's shown no real signs yet.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I ran into Dave in Vancouver last weekend at a BJJ tourney, his son is like 6 now and got his first no gi gold. I wonder if Dave will be head coach going into this.
I hope so.that is when rory brings the violence .dave coaches for a finish.firas coaches for a decision victory

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think Rory will be stronger and the aggressor in this fight. Would love to see how they match up in the grappling, I'm calling Rory via TKO.
I also would like to see grappling...Gegard is so slick on the mat, but Rory also possesses great skill

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Agree with this. Moose hasn't ktsken big damage but he's fought a ton. I think hes really close to his decline in combat sports even though he's shown no real signs yet.

Moose I think is still in prime form, maybe better than ever. I think he keeps this level for another 2 years, possibly longer.

Rory is gonna lose and will probably be finished also.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
mous is 74 inches tall with 76 reach

Rory is 72 inches tall with 76 reach

Mousasi has leg reach advantage and I think he may beat up that leg or both legs...a bone bruise like Rory's will always be more suceptible to swell upon impact....I had a very bad one that would heal totally and then swell up bad again from lesser impacts...it will be a target for the cerebral armenian fighter

Both guys probably weigh about 203 or so and Gegard is likely carrying less fat at that weight

Hoping it doesn't make cutting to 170 harder on Rory later on

M

member 3289

I ran into Dave in Vancouver last weekend at a BJJ tourney, his son is like 6 now and got his first no gi gold. I wonder if Dave will be head coach going into this.
I doubt it. I don't see him permanently leaving Tri-Star

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Mousasi can't fight off his back. King Mo and Jacare (second fight) proved that.
Mo looked like this

Gegard looked perfectly fine

if you watched fight it, is nothing more than Mo hiding from and absorbing punishment while Gegard attacks

Not to mention Gegard KOed Jacare from his back in first fight

Your troll is evident and your shtick is played

Last edited:
M

member 3289

No real signs?

He lost that fight to Alexander Shlemenko.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
from the local news

Local mixed martial arts champion Rory MacDonald will be looking to make history in September when he squares off against another champion.

Thursday morning, ESPN reported MacDonald, the current Bellator welterweight champion, will fight middleweight champion Gegard Mousasi on Sept. 29 in San Jose, Calif.

MacDonald moved from the UFC to the Viacom-owned Bellator promotion in August 2016, a decision his coach David Lea said was largely a financial decision.

The 28 year old began training in MMA when he was just 14 years old, out of Kelowna's Toshido MMA under the direction of David Lea.

While he moved to Montreal in 2010 to train with UFC veteran Georges St. Pierre at the Tristar Gym, he has since moved back to Kelowna, with Lea taking back the head coach position.

The change has proven successful, with two straight wins and a championship belt to show for it.

Lea says he will be MacDonald's head trainer for the upcoming bout.

MacDonald took the welterweight belt from Douglas Lima earlier this year, in a closely-fought, five-round decision.

Mousasi, a 32-year-old Dutch fighter who also fought in the UFC before moving to Bellator, won the Bellator middleweight title last month.

Mousasi's belt will be on the line in September, with the fight with MacDonald taking place in the 185-pound middleweight division.

A win would see MacDonald become the first Bellator fighter to hold two division belts at the same time. In 2016, Conor McGregor became the first two-division champion in the UFC.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Great fight
I hope the distribution announcement next week is something big
Nobody seems to have an insight so far
I'm open to anything. people are saying hulu. my (hopeful) money says cbs or showtime. i have all three, so i really dont care.

Showtime could do a much better job promoting bellator than paramount imo. getting 500k on showtime is much better than getting 500k on paramount.

Hope the announcement doesnt disappoint.

"Bellator on MTV2, Dont miss it!!!"