Gegard Mousasi to defend Bellator middleweight title against Rory MacDonald in September

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Nov 21, 2015
I think Rory will be stronger and the aggressor in this fight. Would love to see how they match up in the grappling, I'm calling Rory via TKO.
Any insight as to why this fight became a "thing" in the first place?

Did they have bad blood or problems with each other outside the UFC/Bellator?

Just seems like a weird fight to book

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Any insight as to why this fight became a "thing" in the first place?

Did they have bad blood or problems with each other outside the UFC/Bellator?

Just seems like a weird fight to book
I don't follow Bellator as much as I should but my guess is that these two are the best fighters on the roster still in their prime and should make for a great fight. This fight is just as good as any we'd see in the UFC IMO. No talk of dinosaurs or internet stars, just high caliber fighters.

kneeblock @Kneeblock why don't you like this fight?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I don't follow Bellator as much as I should but my guess is that these two are the best fighters on the roster still in their prime and should make for a great fight. This fight is just as good as any we'd see in the UFC IMO. No talk of dinosaurs or internet stars, just high caliber fighters.

kneeblock @Kneeblock why don't you like this fight?
I really like Rory and feel like he could lose this fight and kinda don't want that. I also think it does little for Mousasi if he wins, but ends his career if he loses. I also expect it will be a very careful counterstriking battle which means it may not be spectator friendly. For Bellator they end up with a good excuse to hold a championship tournament if Rory wins and damaged goods at WW if he loses. It just feels like they should have defended their titles a bit more prior to this.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
good call
They make weight classes for a reason and This was a pitbull on a new born baby..mouss has looked like the best 85er on the planet for last 2 years imho.. and he demolished a guy that could beat a lot of good 85ers.. but it was a grown man @85 vs a great 70 pounder..it was hard to watch rory get mauled like that.. plus mouss jab was making rory look like a ammy then the utter domination on the ground was where you can see where a size difference was apparent.. it's hard to get a world class guy @your own weight off you let alone a guy that's beat world class 205ers..

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
They make weight classes for a reason and This was a pitbull on a new born baby..mouss has looked like the best 85er on the planet for last 2 years imho.. and he demolished a guy that could beat a lot of good 85ers.. but it was a grown man @85 vs a great 70 pounder..it was hard to watch rory get mauled like that.. plus mouss jab was making rory look like a ammy then the utter domination on the ground was where you can see where a size difference was apparent.. it's hard to get a world class guy @your own weight off you let alone a guy that's beat world class 205ers..
Moose has been Elite and top of 185 and 205 for many many years

It was hard to watch, but it was interesting to see who were the guys who picked Rory...No Idea how you could think or bet on that outcome

That Jab is so damn slick and Gegard has broken rhythm so he is impossible to time

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
Moose has been Elite and top of 185 and 205 for many many years

It was hard to watch, but it was interesting to see who were the guys who picked Rory...No Idea how you could think or bet on that outcome

That Jab is so damn slick and Gegard has broken rhythm so he is impossible to time
People bet with their feelings