Has anyone been competing/getting ready to compete soon?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015

Picked up a little hardware in a Submission only tourney in my area. 1st competition other than an in-house in March. Learned a ton. Especially that no time limit finals are a bitch. LOL

M

member 603

Picked up a little hardware in a Submission only tourney in my area. 1st competition other than an in-house in March. Learned a ton. Especially that no time limit finals are a bitch. LOL

Congrats man, great seeing hard work paying off.

Side topic: What did you think of the Good Fight overall? I've had mixed experiences with them

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
Congrats man, great seeing hard work paying off.

Side topic: What did you think of the Good Fight overall? I've had mixed experiences with them
Pretty good experience. Ran long. Probably because of them allow last minute sign ups. Lots of kids.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Gold in the Celtic Open today. Dropped an age category and went up a weight class for one match LOL.

M

member 603

Gold in the Celtic Open today. Dropped an age category and went up a weight class for one match LOL.
That's what's up.... Show those young bucks how us old guys do it LOL, much respect and congratulations

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Should be entering a tournament at the end of February

Leigh @Leigh

You compete a lot right. It's in Hereford and from what I gathered it's pretty well known tournament that they hold every year. You ever been?

£30 entry fee though wth

M

member 603

Leigh @Leigh

You compete a lot right. It's in Hereford and from what I gathered it's pretty well known tournament that they hold every year. You ever been?

£30 entry fee though wth
Is 30 Pounds a lot for a tournament? That's like $37..... Average cost of a tournament here is $90 (They do $60-$80 pre registration rate, $80-$100 day of rate)

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Is 30 Pounds a lot for a tournament? That's like $37..... Average cost of a tournament here is $90 (They do $60-$80 pre registration rate, $80-$100 day of rate)
I just thought it would have been less tbh. Leigh @Leigh is this price about right?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015

Leigh @Leigh

£30 entry fee though wth
Yes, a lot. They are very well run by a really good guy, Dave Coles.

£30 is cheap, as others have said. Local comps are around £30 usually, some are a bit more. IBJJF and NAGA are about £75. It can be an expensive hobby.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Yes, a lot. They are very well run by a really good guy, Dave Coles.

£30 is cheap, as others have said. Local comps are around £30 usually, some are a bit more. IBJJF and NAGA are about £75. It can be an expensive hobby.
Yeah I've only heard nice things about the guys who run it.

When you competing next?

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Next week at the Euros in Lisbon :) Then early Feb on Role Models - might be a live stream.

Got flu so need to get better this week.
Well get well soon and keep us updated. Good luck!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My kids gym Pacific Top Team is putting on another in house tourney. I'm super happy to say both my kids have asked repeatedly to go in it so I'm signing them up today. PTT has a second location on the other side of town and it's their main one so it's much bigger and nicer. My kids have been training for about 4 months now and stilove it. This will be those first time doing anything that's an organized competition of any kind and I'm really hoping they soak it all in and have fun. I'm gonna be that crazy dad screaming to them from the sidelines I know it.

M

member 603

My kids gym Pacific Top Team is putting on another in house tourney. I'm super happy to say both my kids have asked repeatedly to go in it so I'm signing them up today. PTT has a second location on the other side of town and it's their main one so it's much bigger and nicer. My kids have been training for about 4 months now and stilove it. This will be those first time doing anything that's an organized competition of any kind and I'm really hoping they soak it all in and have fun. I'm gonna be that crazy dad screaming to them from the sidelines I know it.
That's awesome, be loud and proud.. Best of everything to them

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That's awesome, be loud and proud.. Best of everything to them
Thanks man. I may record and post the mat he's if shot gets crazy lol. I love seeing these little kids bite down and going for broke.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Silver at the Euros :)

Wanted to enter absolutes but had to fight out of a tight ankle lock in my first match and I'm limping now.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Silver at the Euros :)

Wanted to enter absolutes but had to fight out of a tight ankle lock in my first match and I'm limping now.
Nice work Leigh! Is it like a 30+ masters div or something?