Henry Cejudo Argues Why Demetrious Johnson Should Not Get A Rematch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
You think all split decisions should get a rematch? For example, should there than be a sixth round if this is going to be the case? Do you think a split decision is a legitimate win?

Didn't Mouse get a split decision win over Benavidez? And did Benavidez get an immeidate rematch?
?
When did I say that every split decision should get a rematch? You do this thing sometimes, as you are doing in the other thread in which we are discussing the Diaz brothers, where to debate someone you take one of their points and focus on that one while ignoring the context in which that point was made. You restated my opinion and changed it to make it sound unreasonable.

You cannot ignore Mighty Mouse's history, and you cannot pretend that Henry's win over him was 100% definitive or dominant in any fashion. I am not calling for a blanket ban or endorsement on anything, because no two situations are the same. Situations should be handled individually without any "every ____ deserves a ____" rules.

So no, not all split decisions warrant immediate rematches. I even said that I am not typically a fan of immediate rematches. To pretend that this is a normal situation is ridiculous though. We've never had such a longstanding champion, so we haven't had one lose yet, and we definitely haven't had the longest reigning champ in history lose such a close decision, so the situation is not comparable to anything.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
MM wasn't much of a draw, and now that he isn't champ, they could just move on instead of a rematch. A fresh face with the belt, is probably what they've been waiting for in this stale, somewhat boring, and shallow division.
Dana would love you.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
When did I say that every split decision should get a rematch? You do this thing sometimes, as you are doing in the other thread in which we are discussing the Diaz brothers, where to debate someone you take one of their points and focus on that one while ignoring the context in which that point was made. You restated my opinion and changed it to make it sound unreasonable.
I am pointing out that you want only the favorible things inacted for your favorite fighters. Only when it suits you. You don't care that Mighty Mouse was once on the other side of a split decision and a direct rematch was never made. Argue that instead of trying to psycho-analize me. You still haven't defended your point. You do this a lot.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Dana would love you.
Don't let my opinion upset you. Mighty Mouse was not pulling numbers, that if a fact. Facts do not care about your feelings, whether Dana would love me or not. Again, try to argue the point instead of a pointless remark regarding Dana's speculative feelings for me. Provide a counter argument instead.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
I am pointing out that you want only the favorible things inacted for your favorite fighters. Only when it suits you. You don't care that Mighty Mouse was once on the other side of a split decision and a direct rematch was never made. Argue that instead of trying to psycho-analize me. You still haven't defended your point. You do this a lot.
I clearly directly defended my point. It has nothing to do with whether or not I like Mighty Mouse. It's actually rather bizarre how much you ignore. I said that Mighty Mouse deserves it because he defended the belt so many times and he lost a very unclear split decision. How is that not defending my point? How else could I defend it?

Also, speaking of not defending one's point, all you did was accuse me of thinking that every split decision deserves a rematch, which is SO far away from what I said. You also for some reason compared it to the Benavidez situation when my whole point centered around MM's tenure as champion. You chose to attack points that I didn't make, and you made no real points yourself. Very strange.

Colby Covington is my least favorite fighter. Had he defended a belt 12 times and lost an unclear split decision, I would say he deserves a rematch. Both of those conditions have to be there, so no, not all split decisions warrant rematches, and Joseph Benavidez has zero to do with this conversation no matter how much you want him to.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Yes you do. For Mighty Mouse.
Your lack of reading comprehension is worrying.

Quote the line where I said or even implied that it's because he's Mighty Mouse and I didn't mention the mitigating circumstances.

Quote the line where I said or even implied that all split decisions warrant a title shot.

I can directly quote the lines where you misrepresented my opinion. That's the difference in our arguments here.

Last edited:

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Quote the line where I said or even implied that it's because he's Mighty Mouse and I didn't mention the mitigating circumstances.
You ridicule my opinion by making an off statement about Dana's feelings for me. Weird. You attempt to discredit my opinion but really offer no counter argument. Again, you merely mention the worries you have for me regarding my reading skills. You know how to make these personal digs very well my friend. But yet, fail to convince me why MM should get that rematch. Argue the opinion, not the person.

As for MM: He doesn't pull views. Dana hates the guy. He has according to many a boring personality. All factors that will be implemented on consideration. But your personal love for MM cause you to dive on opposing views without considering these factors.

If your reasoning is, he deserves it because he is MM. Then I say, he has won split decisions without having the other guy getting an immediate rematch. He has had plenty of close fights going his way as well. He didn't fight the top of his division, he fought the only people in his division.

all you did was accuse me
What I did do was assuming, based on your opinion. Accusing sounds way overdramatic.
I can directly quote the lines where you misrepresented my opinion.
You could've just explained that, but the claws came out. No reason to. We can disagree just fine and be good.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
You attempt to discredit my opinion but really offer no counter argument
Mighty Mouse deserves it because he defended the belt so many times and he lost a very unclear split decision.
We've never had such a longstanding champion, so we haven't had one lose yet, and we definitely haven't had the longest reigning champ in history lose such a close decision, so the situation is not comparable to anything.
But your personal love for MM cause you to dive on opposing views without considering these factors.
Colby Covington is my least favorite fighter. Had he defended a belt 12 times and lost an unclear split decision, I would say he deserves a rematch. Both of those conditions have to be there
Then I say, he has won split decisions without having the other guy getting an immediate rematch.
Had he defended a belt 12 times and lost an unclear split decision, I would say he deserves a rematch. Both of those conditions have to be there,

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
If your reasoning is, he deserves it because he is MM
I typically agree with this, but he won as close of a split decision that exists, and it was against the guy who has beat more contenders in a row than any champ in history. This is the prototypical immediate rematch situation, imo. I don't even really think Joanna should have gotten one, and I am a major JJ nuthugger. Mouse deserves it

I intentionally didn't add anything to my argument, just quoted you and then quoted myself answering every one of the things you say I didn't answer.

Apologies if I got too personal. My opinion doesn't have anything to do with bias, though. This is a very unique situation that we have literally never seen in the UFC.

distant1

Feb 13, 2017
i know some of cejudo's coaches, its not a money fight; no fans are really demanding it, the ufc is about making money and johnson doesn't make much.

not to mention the fact demetrious hasn't tried to accomodate the ufc when they made request of him

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
IMO, anyone who was/is not a MM fan, that is their loss. Forget the weight class, the dude is an all around badass fighter and a finisher. Sure maybe his division is thin, but he wrecked all comers more times than anyone in UFC history. I am normally one of the bigger opponents of immediate rematches, but if one should ever be granted, it’s this one.