"I have some random comment to make about MMA, but it doesn't warrant its own thread"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
It fucks me off that I love sports betting and MMA is the sport I follow closest by far, but MMA is also pretty much the worst sport to bet on.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Kattar beat the hell out of Giga and deserves the applause he's getting. But until Giga slipped, Kattar was getting lit up with brutal kicks. Wonder how the fight would have played out without the slip and subsequent three minutes of control time early on.

??

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Kattar beat the hell out of Giga and deserves the applause he's getting. But until Giga slipped, Kattar was getting lit up with brutal kicks. Wonder how the fight would have played out without the slip and subsequent three minutes of control time early on.

??
I don’t really think that’s all that relevant, but Giga in the 30 foot cage is more interesting.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

??
Hmmm I forgot the slip. Kelvin really went for it when it happened.

Personally I think giga was gassed too much towards the end. Kelvin was going for him.

Those body kicks at the start were beast mode tho.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Anyone catch aljo snitching on everyone for PEDs on the mma hour today?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Years ago, Dan Hooker won a short notice amateur bout at heavyweight.

This means that Dan Hooker has more of a resume at HW than Jon Jones does.

??

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
It fucks me off that I love sports betting and MMA is the sport I follow closest by far, but MMA is also pretty much the worst sport to bet on.

??
I suppose that's probably true if you bet regularly, on close-ish fights. for the infrequent gambler, mma does throw out insane opportunities every so often, especially it seems in wmma.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
do you ever notice how shitty the captions are on mma news site pictures?

they seem to either seemingly insert a completely irrelevant paragraph into the article, explaining in detail what is pictured, where and when.

or on the other hand you might be looking at an article on two fighters you're unsure of, it would be nice to confirm in your mind what they look like. instead you get CREDIT ZUFFA LLC JOSH HEDGES or some frustrating shit like that.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
So that's two fights in a row now where Ngannou's wrestling was an integral part of securing his victory.

If I was a top 10 HW right now, that's not really what I want to see. :smile:

??

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
So without a 4th fight, where does Figgy-Moreno rank on the list of classic MMA trilogies?

??
I can't recall that many but I'll say it is way higher than the shitty trilogy between the GOAT B.J. Penn and Frankie "Two Times" Edgar which should've never happened since B.J. got robbed in the first fight which isn't even up for debate...