"I have some random comment to make about MMA, but it doesn't warrant its own thread"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
tl;dr (rematches are boring. and the timing of most cards sucks)

chael recently said that rematches get more views (didnt fact check that), but they bore me

volkanoffski vs holloway 2, then 3. now we are on 4. and if max wins 5? ugh

im also at the point where im about to give up on nightime cards since i like to be asleep by 8 or 9pm EST

and after a decade of watching fights, im relatively numb to the danger and violence. now its not a fight. its a sport. and i dont watch sports. so i wonder if im at the point where ive had enough mma for a lifetime...

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021

chael recently said that rematches get more views (didnt fact check that), but they bore me

im also at the point where im about to give up on nightime cards since i like to be asleep by 8 or 9pm EST

and after a decade of watching fights, im relatively numb to the danger and violence. now its not a fight. its a sport. and i dont watch sports. so i wonder if im at the point where ive had enough mma for a lifetime...
Volk and Max I am fine with a trilogy, because both fights were close and they are very clearly the 1A and 1B of the division.

Even if they fight again and Max wins another very close decision, Volk needs 1 fight to get back for #4, I think. Those two guys are a clear step up from everybody else in the division.

??

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Volk and Max I am fine with a trilogy, because both fights were close and they are very clearly the 1A and 1B of the division.

Even if they fight again and Max wins another very close decision, Volk needs 1 fight to get back for #4, I think. Those two guys are a clear step up from everybody else in the division.

??
i agree that they are 1 and 2. but even so, rematches bore me since they dont have the mystery element of "how do they match up" (except in the case of an early sub or tko where we didnt get to see the chessmatch at all)

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
i agree that they are 1 and 2. but even so, rematches bore me since they dont have the mystery element of "how do they match up" (except in the case of an early sub or tko where we didnt get to see the chessmatch at all)
Yeah that's fair.

Technical fighters like Volk and Max though, there is the intrigue of "what adjustments will each guy have made, and how will the other respond to that." Oftentimes, elite fighters might figure out how to effectively deal with a weapon or surprise tactic that fucked with them the first time round - and now it's a whole different fight. ?

??

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Yeah that's fair.

Technical fighters like Volk and Max though, there is the intrigue of "what adjustments will each guy have made, and how will the other respond to that." Oftentimes, elite fighters might figure out how to effectively deal with a weapon or surprise tactic that fucked with them the first time round - and now it's a whole different fight. ?

??
yeh dont get me wrong. ill not only watch it. but it will probably be one of the only fights on the card i turn off audible and unmute it for

but atleast in the leadup, its not exciting

give me giga chicatzee vs either. know what i mean?

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Dustin looking thick, solid, tight. Would like to see how he’d fare against the upper echelon at 170. I wonder if he feels he is out of chances at LW now that he’s lost two title fights and there is a sea of ‘55 killers waiting for their shot. I predict he will fight Nate (assuming contract negotiations succeed), cash in once more with Conor, then call it a career.

74BD70E5-32D1-457A-98CB-FA8DD636AF06.jpeg

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

You're probably just bored of the bs and dull cards more than mma itself.
What sucks is the glorified commercials that they call ppvs that are hours long but only have sporadic actual fights in them and most are people no one has heard about, or females(sorry wmma fans), or nobody's from one of Dana's reality shows on top of the fact that even if you are a huge fan of a particular fighter you will only be able to see them at most 3 times a year and most likely alot less with all the injuries and contracts disputes.

Last edited:

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Bare with me -

I just lit up a joint. In Germany the packs of cigarettes warn you about the dangers of cancer by having illustrations of lungs or amputated limbs on them. My pack of tobacco had a close up of a guy that it fucked up and lying in an ICU bed. Close up of the face and while only glancing at it from the corner of my eye I thought that it was the Shad-face and that they had put that on the box :D :D

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Just looking at the odds for next week on the national betting company. They have Gane as the favourite head to head, but the single most likely result being Ngannou by TKO. I agree with that, and I think it's one sign of an interesting and competitive matchup.

??