"I have some random comment to make about MMA, but it doesn't warrant its own thread"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I'm scared for Nunes. This upcoming fight against Pena (who I cannot stand) seems like everything outside of the cage is primed for a shocking upset. Man, I'll be annoyed if Pena gasses out an overconfident Nunes and takes a 5 round decision. Nunes is better at everything than Pena is, but she's also looking like a champion with one foot out of the cage, IMO. She's already the greatest and she's already beat (and mostly squashed) pretty much every option for WMMA GOAT that isn't her. She's got a new baby as well. How's she gonna motivate herself to work her hardest for Pena, who has a solid gas tank and a lot of confidence and stubbornness if nothing else?

??
i was actually starting to feel an upset early this week. but i just watch pena vs mcmann again yesterday, and i think nunes is going to light up her face

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I'm scared for Nunes. This upcoming fight against Pena (who I cannot stand) seems like everything outside of the cage is primed for a shocking upset. Man, I'll be annoyed if Pena gasses out an overconfident Nunes and takes a 5 round decision. Nunes is better at everything than Pena is, but she's also looking like a champion with one foot out of the cage, IMO. She's already the greatest and she's already beat (and mostly squashed) pretty much every option for WMMA GOAT that isn't her. She's got a new baby as well. How's she gonna motivate herself to work her hardest for Pena, who has a solid gas tank and a lot of confidence and stubbornness if nothing else?

i was actually starting to feel an upset early this week. but i just watch pena vs mcmann again yesterday, and i think nunes is going to light up her face
Rest easy.

I just put tree fiddy on Pena.

8216936B-0BB3-471A-9124-C1A471DCE9BF.jpeg

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Kinda want to stick $25 on Pena now. Takes away the sting if she wins, and puts a free $150 in my pocket. If I don't buy the PPV but just view a lost 25 bucks as the price for sitting at home watching Nunes win to headline a big card. Not buying the PPV or buying beers at a bar. And if she loses and I'm $150 richer because she lost, that's good too. :smile:

??

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
Dominic Cruz moaning here that undefeated fighters who retire didn't push themselves

not sure if I read this here or at Mexican Mcdonalds but there was a boxer who was asked if he didn't have more left in him.

he said something like, isn't it ok for me to have one left in me?

Great point. do we expect all fighters to obliterate themselves before quiting? (yes, if we find the entertaining)

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
One thing that has always confused about MMA.

It's a known fact that competing at high altitude drains athlete's cardio in a hurry. Sports is full of athletes and teams finding themselves with no gas tank when they don't acclimatise their bodies to competing in a high altitude city.

So I don't understand why at least a couple of top teams aren't living and training out of Denver, which is 5000 feet above sea level.

Why not turn into a cardio monster by starting your morning runs 5000 feet up a mountain and running upwards? Doing your whole camp there and living and training and breathing that high altitude oxygen 24/7 for months or years, and then fly into Vegas on fight week? A shitload of fights are won and lost on cardio.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I appreciate what O'Malley is doing with his career, gaining hype and standing out from the crowd and building a following and doing it his own way and whatnot.

But goddamn, I just can't bring myself to cheer for someone with as many utterly shit tattoos as that. I mean, dude is 27 years old and gets "69" tattooed on the side of his neck? And that's just one of them, and nowhere near the worst. "$uga" on his face? A silhouette of himself celebrating beating some random scrub nobody's ever heard of? GTFO with that shit.

??

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Tai Tuivasa seems to be generating a fan following. What do you guys make of the guy?

??
He's a HW who is involved in KO-fights. So he's definitely got that going for him.

The shooey-thing is one of the most worrysome and disgusting things I have ever seen. I'm still "shook". But I just don't watch that part so it's okay.

But finally this picture with jds ahead(!) of their fight.. Someone who does this cannot be so bad of a person. and the shooey thing probably is some friendship ritual as well.

DtZDlzxXcAAOkr4.jpg

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
I visit this forum multiple times a week, but Im not sure I am even a fan of MMA anymore at this point. Seriously, I come here from time to time, but the sport is basically dead to me. I haven't watched an event or paid for an event in a long time, Sure, I'll Google a quick "Peña vs nunes highlights" or "McGregor leg break" after hearing about craziness on social media, but that's about it.

Anyone here like me? Has anyone else lost interest in the sport? Have you gained it back?
I feel like I've lost interest in a lot of things as ive aged, like sports, games, etc. is this just the new me?