"I have some random comment to make about MMA, but it doesn't warrant its own thread"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Tai Tuivasa on pro wrestling, which he would like to participate in some day:

"I remember when my uncle told me it was fake, I cried for ages. I used to think they were the hardest cunts, you know what I mean? I used to watch and just be like, ‘Fuck.’ Then when he told me it was fake I started watching it and being like, ‘It’s not fake (crying).’ Then after that, I couldn’t watch it again for a long time because I was heartbroken.”

??

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015

"I remember when my uncle told me it was fake, I cried for ages. I used to think they were the hardest cunts, you know what I mean? I used to watch and just be like, ‘Fuck.’ Then when he told me it was fake I started watching it and being like, ‘It’s not fake (crying).’ Then after that, I couldn’t watch it again for a long time because I was heartbroken.”

??
Some people on here still want to believe it's real.

blas4ublasphemy

Oct 25, 2015

??
LOL, I can still remember my father proudly saying "Oh, your watching real sports!" on a Monday night as a kid because I had always watched WWF wrestling at that time previously. UFC 1 ruined me for "sports entertainment" forever.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Prediction (pulling this entirely out of thin air)

> UFC wearable.
in-glove measurement device, which displays fighter's pulse and maybe jab speed or such or complex stuff as reaction time, when both fighters' devices are linked and the gloves notice how fast one guy reacts to sth the other guy does

and then cool celebrities can also wear it and they can have a news ticker running with snoop doggs pulse and that shit covers half the screen constantly.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
15year old kid that is a Nate Diaz fan tweets at the UFC:

"Decided not to even start training MMA, all you MFERS scared anyway. Call me when you can offer a title shot. then we can talk and maybe if you're lucky I might say Yes."
then puts a bubblegum cigarette between his lips and acts like it's a blunt...

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Tom Aspinall is a gem. I’m a big fan of his and I respect that he is comfortable in his own skin.

“I’m more than happy being myself thanks and not selling myself out and acting like a [clown] for views and money. I am not a WWE entertainer I’m one of the greatest heavyweights to walk on this [Earth] and it will be shown in my body of work from my UFC debut until I retire in 10 years. I don’t need to talk s—t. Happy to be myself.”
0BE44912-C090-4C82-BB65-5908C923A36C.jpeg

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Anthony Smith vs Magomaed Ankalaev winner gets the next LHW title shot, apparently.

Think Ankalaev takes this, but I'd really like to see Smith get a second chance at a real feel-good Rocky story. I have lots of time for that guy, he's clearly one of the most likeable and best spoken salt of the earth blue collar type fighters out there. Love seeing him getting those broadcast desk paychecks too.

??

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

??
I think I was 8 when someone at school told me. I didn't wanna believe it. Now I'm glad it's fake. If I wanna see real fighting I watch king of the streets.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I think I was 8 when someone at school told me. I didn't wanna believe it. Now I'm glad it's fake. If I wanna see real fighting I watch king of the streets.
Yep, pro wrestling is fake as fuck...just like the female orgasm.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Hypothetically, let’s say Charles Oliveira’s next fight is for the LW title, and he wins. Would that make him a two-time champion or would that not count since he was stripped and didn’t win it from a reigning champ?

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Hypothetically, let’s say Charles Oliveira’s next fight is for the LW title, and he wins. Would that make him a two-time champion or would that not count since he was stripped and didn’t win it from a reigning champ?