General "I have something to say, but it doesn't warrant its own thread."

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I found a Swiss army knife when I went for a walk this morning. It was covered in gunk, but it cleaned up nicely. After cleaning, I sharpened the blades and worked some oil into it.

PXL_20230305_204907322.jpg

I didn't particularly want one, but the price is right.

larrywheels

Oct 18, 2022
We are definitely hiring movers for all the big stuff. I’m taking a trailer with the stuff we don’t trust movers with, but I gotta go and get the hitch put on. I hate the feeling of looking around and being fucking overwhelmed with the amount is shit we accumulate. I have tossed or donated so much stuff and we still have a fuckton more. This is the last time my parents will have to be moved, though, thank fucking goodness, because they just have so much stuff. My son is getting to the age where toys aren’t as interesting, so a lot of them are getting donated or tossed.
Your stepmom’s friend sounds like my mother. She loves to do one fucking easy task and then sit on her ass and bitch the rest of the time about how she’s exhausted and did too much. That was already her this morning with the appraiser coming.
Fuck, I just wanna Bewitched wiggle my nose, cross my arms, and blink all my shit to the new place.
It sounds like you're in the process of moving and have hired movers to help with the big stuff. You'll be taking care of the smaller items that you don't trust the movers with by using a trailer, but you need to get a hitch installed first. It can be overwhelming to see how much stuff you have accumulated, despite donating or tossing a lot of it already. This will be the last time you have to move your parents, which is a relief because they have accumulated so much stuff.

You mentioned that your son is getting older and is no longer interested in many of his toys, so you're donating or tossing them. You also mentioned your stepmom's friend who complains about doing one easy task and then claims to be exhausted for the rest of the day. You express frustration with the process and wish you could just wiggle your nose and transport everything to your new place.

Moving can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, but it's important to remember that it's only temporary. Take breaks when you need them, and try to focus on the end goal of settling into your new home. Good luck with the move!