General "I have something to say, but it doesn't warrant its own thread."

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

Perry suffered a massive ischemic stroke at his home in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, on February 27, 2019. After a second stroke, his family decided to remove him from life support,[49] and he died on March 4, 2019, at age 52 at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank.[54][55] He was buried at the Perry Family Farm in Vanleer, Tennessee, where he had owned a home since 1995. Perry was buried in an eco-friendly mushroom burial suit which the manufacturer states is able to remove polluting toxins from the body while naturally breaking it down.
Mushroom burial
Mushroom burial has been developed by Jae Rhim Lee and her colleagues to address the impact traditional burial approaches have on the environment. It is an eco-friendly process which consists of dressing the cadaver in a bodysuit with mushroom spores woven into it, nicknamed the Infinity Burial Suit.[27] Rhim developed her own mushrooms by feeding them her hair, skin, and nails to create a mushroom variety that will best decompose human remains. As the mushrooms grow, they consume the remains within the suit as well as the toxins that are being released by the body. Rhim and her colleagues created this suit as a symbol of a new way for people to think about the relationship between their body after death and the environment.
WTF?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I procrastinate. A lot.

I have a presentation to give at 10 AM and I didn't prep anything last night like I should have. Nothing. Came in 30 minutes early this morning and spent the last 2 hours creating spreadsheets on lease agreements and maintenance records for roughly 50 pieces of equipment. I was zoned in and hustling.

I kicked ass and I'm already done. With 12 minutes to spare.

This is why I procrastinate. I'm just too fucking good.

Last edited:

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
Just pulled out of a final interview for another power agency today. Had initial interview last week & nailed it with one exception. They asked if I was willing to get the CV19 jab. I asked if there was a waiver available & they stated yes "but it wasn't guaranteed to be accepted".

Yesterday they emailed me to schedule a final, in person interview at their HQ. The date fit (I only have 4 days off in May due to vacation coverage) & I accepted. They then replied that they had a scheduling conflict and requested a different date. I informed them it wouldn't work due to the previously stated coverage issues. Their HR department asked if I was available this week instead. I replied with Friday preferably but could also do Thursday. Received a response that if I wasn't available for the newly available day that they offered that conflicted with my schedule, I wouldn't be able to continue in the process. Told HR I wished them well in their search.

Decided to call the Ops manager (we've known each other for several years but haven't seen each other in about 5yrs) & left him a message stating I was pulling out of the process as I didn't want to cancel someone else's vacation at the last minute so I could interview with his team. Let him know I thought that would reflect poorly on my ethic & reliability & that I hope if other positions open up in the future, that I would remain a worthy candidate.

Throughout this process I had been told from a couple associates that I was BY FAR the top candidate for the role. Guess my unwillingness to get the jab ruffled someone's feathers enough to try to find a way to eliminate me. Fuck 'em. Queue Matt Serra meme.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Just pulled out of a final interview for another power agency today. Had initial interview last week & nailed it with one exception. They asked if I was willing to get the CV19 jab. I asked if there was a waiver available & they stated yes "but it wasn't guaranteed to be accepted".

Yesterday they emailed me to schedule a final, in person interview at their HQ. The date fit (I only have 4 days off in May due to vacation coverage) & I accepted. They then replied that they had a scheduling conflict and requested a different date. I informed them it wouldn't work due to the previously stated coverage issues. Their HR department asked if I was available this week instead. I replied with Friday preferably but could also do Thursday. Received a response that if I wasn't available for the newly available day that they offered that conflicted with my schedule, I wouldn't be able to continue in the process. Told HR I wished them well in their search.

Decided to call the Ops manager (we've known each other for several years but haven't seen each other in about 5yrs) & left him a message stating I was pulling out of the process as I didn't want to cancel someone else's vacation at the last minute so I could interview with his team. Let him know I thought that would reflect poorly on my ethic & reliability & that I hope if other positions open up in the future, that I would remain a worthy candidate.

Throughout this process I had been told from a couple associates that I was BY FAR the top candidate for the role. Guess my unwillingness to get the jab ruffled someone's feathers enough to try to find a way to eliminate me. Fuck 'em. Queue Matt Serra meme.
That's sort of fucked up by their HR.

Also - LOL at companies still caring about Covid.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Our payroll system added a pronoun option to the employee profile.

I just now noticed that 80% of my guys put "LOL" in for their pronoun.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
That's sort of fucked up by their HR.

Also - LOL at companies still caring about Covid.
From my understanding, the head of HR is “deathly afraid of Covid”. My friends words that works there. Funny part is these positions will never see her as they’re isolated in a secure control room.

Have a feeling I dodged a bullet but damn their benefit package & upwards mobility were enticing. Less ot as well

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
From my understanding, the head of HR is “deathly afraid of Covid”. My friends words that works there. Funny part is these positions will never see her as they’re isolated in a secure control room.

Have a feeling I dodged a bullet but damn their benefit package & upwards mobility were enticing. Less ot as well
I think you dodged a bullet too. I think her decision to not reschedule had more to do with your Covid response than anything else.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
My son had his first amateur mma fight. He took the man down and landed by his opponent’s corner. Deep into his ground and pound, the other coach says, “Hey, can you stop punching him for a minute?” My son actually stopped and looked up at him. Lol

He held his hands up and said he was just kidding.