General Impeachment inquiry launched

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

there is a reason why this is an inquiry that the house has not even voted on instead of an actual impeachment
Correct. That reason is called an investigation. Non Trump types usually wait for these to be finished before making important decisions

M

member 3289

Scandal free

"[The comments] reflect a political reality that everybody understands" sums that up pretty well.

The Republicans had majorities in both chambers at the time. They could have started impeachment proceedings but didn't.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
AOC already bored with impeachment: 'I'm over it'

NEW YORK — Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told constituents at a town hall that she was tired of her party's current efforts to impeach President Trump, saying it's only the first step in a broader societal overhaul.

“I think the whole thing is boring," Ocasio-Cortez, 29, said Thursday at the Queens Library event. "He should have been impeached a long time ago. I'm over it. And so that's how I feel about it because we've got work to do.”

Ocasio-Cortez is a breakout star of the House Democratic freshman class, which helped give the party its first majority in eight years. She got to Congress by beating a member of the House Democratic leadership in her 2018 primary challenge.

She's been a forceful advocate of impeaching Trump, long before House Speaker Nancy Pelosi gave her blessing to an impeachment inquiry effort over the president's interactions with Ukraine's leaders, which critics say aimed to use government resources to dig up dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden, a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.

"Impeachment of this president is the short-term action we need to preserve our democracy," Ocasio-Cortez said at the town hall. "But if we are really going to thrive as a country, we need to make long-term investments and keep our eyes on the prize of social and economic and racial justice in the United States of America. And that's what this is all about.”

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Ocasio-Cortez is a breakout star of the House Democratic freshman class, which helped give the party its first majority in eight years. She got to Congress by beating a member of the House Democratic leadership in her 2018 primary challenge.
She helped the Dems get its first majority in 8 years by beating another Dem?
Have I had too many beers while waiting for this game to start or does that make ZERO FUCKING SENSE?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
$600k a year to oversee legal affairs for a company is serious scratch

I've read that he only received $50,000 some months and that was not every month.
I'm also not educated on what a board member should get for a company that size.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

Support for impeachment

Independent not yet sold on Ukraine. Only 41%
I think fatigue has as much to do with the spike as anything. Yes, the Ukraine shit looks bad and probably is but the biggest thing against Trump right now is simply Trump. A couple of people that I work with were big Trump supporters and they're just tired of him. They aren't supporters of impeachment but they wouldn't mind him being removed either. They're definitely in favor of the impeachment inquiry though just to try to get more information so that we can move him out or move on to the next shit storm that gets stirred up.