General Insane Woke Twitter Bullshit.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
They should make a tv show where a famous motoring personality tries his hand at being a shepherd
I don't actually watch broadcast TV, so this reference escapes me. Something to do with Jeremy Clarkson, I assume?

I mean I have a TV in the living room, but it's used as a computer monitor. The only time it's ever on TV mode is when the missus uses it to watch the national weather report in the morning, for some reason. :smile:

??

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
There are people on this board that weren't alive when that average movie was made
Yeah they may not know the average original, but those lucky fuckers were born in time to be around for the critically acclaimed classic “Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles”

E4A64853-E57A-4133-BC6E-36FFEFCD87BD.jpeg

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Oh god I didn't even know that existed, was it as bad as I imagine it would have been?
I haven’t seen it but I’m pretty safe to assume it is up there with other epic cinema such as Citizen Kane, Ben Hur, The Godfather, and Dude Where’s My Car

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I haven’t seen it but I’m pretty safe to assume it is up there with other epic cinema such as Citizen Kane, Ben Hur, The Godfather, and Dude Where’s My Car
Hey don't diss Dude Where's My Car, it's an all time classic!

...aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddd theeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnn?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
And what's with the obsession with having men cross dress in British comedy?
We have or at least had the same shit here. Literally everyone used to do it especially in sketches, and it got the laughs.

My guess is it stems from two things: First, there weren't a lot of talented female comedians about in the last century, so the males filled that content and it somehow became a staple and you had to do it.
Second, over the top stereotype comedy is a hit for a lotta people (some may claim for mostly sohisticationally challenged people). And a male comedian in a dress is always gonna play ott stereotype => hit.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
We have or at least had the same shit here. Literally everyone used to do it especially in sketches, and it got the laughs.

My guess is it stems from two things: First, there weren't a lot of talented female comedians about in the last century, so the males filled that content and it somehow became a staple and you had to do it.
Second, over the top stereotype comedy is a hit for a lotta people (some may claim for mostly sohisticationally challenged people). And a male comedian in a dress is always gonna play ott stereotype => hit.
We skip past that in the US. Our celebrities skip the cross-dressing and go straight to changing their genders. It’s a bit extra but go big or go home, right?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Also, right back at you. ?❤
Literally end of last year I watched a "Berlin's greatest comics" - show where like half of them were shown in drag basically playing the same character. Made the show a bit annoying.

On the other hand when it comes to ya though.. Maybe Mrs. Doubtfire would still be alive if made permanent. Who knows.