General Insane Woke Twitter Bullshit.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
pres·ent·ism
/ˈprezenˌtizəm/

noun

1. uncritical adherence to present-day attitudes, especially the tendency to interpret past events in terms of modern values and concepts.
If the intent was to 'civilize the savage', then it is very similar to what the Chinese are doing to the Uyghar's and their attempt to destroy their culture and make them fit into the dominant culture.

M

member 3289

my apologies for not being up to date with every backwater of the empire's history
They can't decide if they want to be British or American. Can you guys just take them back or blow them up? Thanks in advance.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
If the intent was to 'civilize the savage', then it is very similar to what the Chinese are doing to the Uyghar's and their attempt to destroy their culture and make them fit into the dominant culture.
The accepted standard at the time was that whites were genetically superior to all other races. That no longer holds true. So, no it's not very similar.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
The accepted standard at the time was that whites were genetically superior to all other races. That no longer holds true. So, no it's not similar.
It wasn't true then. The accepted standard at one time was the world was flat, that doesn't mean it was flat at the time.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
It wasn't true then. The accepted standard at one time was the world was flat, that doesn't mean it was flat at the time.
pres·ent·ism
/ˈprezenˌtizəm/

noun

1. uncritical adherence to present-day attitudes, especially the tendency to interpret past events in terms of modern values and concepts.

M

member 3289

We took the best from both you cucks
Cool. Wanna joint launch air strikes in our F-35s from one of your aircraft carriers?

Fuckin dork.

M

member 1013

Zeph @Zeph did u kno me mum a UK jew? When her family comes and visits, they’re all heartbroken they have to return. I have to visit your island yearly for work, and leaving that place is the best part of the trip every year.

just some troof for ya

M

member 1013

Cool. Wanna joint launch air strikes in our F-35s from one of your aircraft carriers?

Fuckin dork.
All you have is a military that you’re too chickenshit to join to brag about. Sad.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

Fuckin dork.
"F-35's are hot garbage"

- The U.S. Air Force

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
pres·ent·ism
/ˈprezenˌtizəm/

noun

Presentism is bullshit. You can't seperate the past from present context when analysing it in the present. Even if you try to you are doing it with unconscious biases. It's also not relevant here, because the intent of both programs are the same.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Zeph @Zeph did u kno me mum a UK jew? When her family comes and visits, they’re all heartbroken they have to return. I have to visit your island yearly for work, and leaving that place is the best part of the trip every year.

just some troof for ya
I've been told there are a shit ton of really gross alcoholics there. Is that true?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Presentism is bullshit. You can't seperate the past from present context when analysing it in the present. Even if you try to you are doing it with unconscious biases. It's also not relevant here, because the intent of both programs are the same.
By moving the historical goalposts the way you are you're demonstrating that presentism is a very real thing.