General Jerusalem = New Israeli Capital

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
This is all that i have been trying to say the whole time about this whole argument. It all comes down to this.
That Ben Shapiro guy, I liked him on the JRE podcast, no nonsense, good arguments, and makes you think on what seems to be otherwise clear cases.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
That Ben Shapiro guy, I liked him on the JRE podcast, no nonsense, good arguments, and makes you think on what seems to be otherwise clear cases.
Yup. That is also why I said to people just say you hate Jews because to argue what is obvious usually stems from hate.

Jan 21, 2015
Ben Shapiro is a badass and I have enjoyed lots of his stuff... but he is totally missing the whole other side of the issue here imo, only looking through one end of the lens

Smart guy, cold heart ?

For someone usually so logical/rational, its weird to me how fervently he backs such an extremist religious ideology.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Senior Palestinian Official: Vice President Mike Pence ‘Unwelcome In Palestine’
A senior Palestinian official in President Mahmoud Abbas’s ruling Fatah party said on Thursday that U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, due to visit the region later this month, “is unwelcome in Palestine.”

“In the name of Fatah I say that we will not welcome Trump’s deputy in the Palestinian Territories. He asked to meet (Abbas) on the 19th of this month in Bethlehem, such a meeting will not take place,” Jibril Rajoub said.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
a non-extremist religious ideology, lol

I'm gonna come completely fuck you up because this 5000+ year old scroll says god wants me to. what kind of crazy shit is that?
Fuck who up, certainly not me? We are talking about a territorial dispute here, and these are a part of human existence. The reasons for territorial disputes can have wide ranging reasons, for instance, the Falkland islands, what is Britain doing all the way there? A biblical reason? No? but just as silly. Israel has been disputed back and forth throughout history, and now it is their turn. Business as usual. I for one am glad the discussion is over, there are winners, and there are losers, c'est la vie.

Any modern day country was once a territorial dispute, religion or no religion. All countries are made out of blood and mud. It's how it goes.

Jan 21, 2015
^ I can respect this actually lol

very 'big picture', I like it.

The Faulkands for example are indeed fucked, I get just as upset over crimes of the British Empire over some insane concept of 'royalty'.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
^ I can respect this actually lol

very 'big picture', I like it.

The Faulkands for example are indeed fucked, I get just as upset over crimes of the British Empire over some insane concept of 'royalty'.
I'd argue the British are responsible for Iraq as well, cannot blame the Jews, nor the Kurds, to want a homeland once again. Plenty of homeland for Arabs and Muslims throughout the world, cannot be said for the Jews and Kurds.

Jan 21, 2015
Actually if you really wanna track back blame, the British Empire was at the root of creating Israel as well (Balfour, etc). There is a connection there, somehow the British Royal Family is related to Zionism, I find this a really interesting field of study. They were also behind creating Whabbism and the House of Saud, which is so ironic, lol.

Those royal fucks have so much blood on their hands its absurd... all for some concept of 'royalty' that is possibly even more insane than the Judaic idea that God is a racist :D

Yet Netflix still making movies glorifying the Queen lol

Finding a homeland is fine, especially when you've been kicked out of every place you tried to settle, lol. At the expense of millions who already live there however is what I take issue with. Expanding year after year without end in sight and getting all warlike about it gets even more fucked. Would you be OK if I took your home and murdered your kids because I showed you some scroll where God said I could? Its all crazy. Whoever thought that was a good idea in the first place, man

I really don't get how modern society can criticize islamic extremists for taking their religion too far, but can't see the same parallels with Israel.

Personally I don't care if it jews or christians or hindus or whatever, its the ACTIONS I have problems with. I would criticize the same behaviour regardless of which group is doing it

Last edited:

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Would you be OK if I took your home and murdered your kids because I showed you some scroll where God said I could? Its all crazy. Whoever thought that was a good idea in the first place, man
This is nothing new, this still happens to Christians in those regions as well, got kicked out of Egypt, kicked out of Syria (90,000 of them), 1.8 million in Nigeria, not to mention Somalia, Afghanistan, Sudan, Yemen, I could go on. There is silliness all around. Why pretend the Jewish push for Israel is even a priority on your list? Orissa, India, in 2008, 500 Christians massacred by lunatic Hindus with machetes, 350 churches destroyed... Let's not even talking about the thousands of Christians dead in Burma.

The media focuses only on Israel because this is where they have us arguing. We lose the big picture.

And when you bring up religion...

We can safely assume that with
Would you be OK if I took your home and murdered your kids because I showed you some scroll where God said I could?
you mean that happened to Jews right?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
This is nothing new, this still happens to Christians in those regions as well, got kicked out of Egypt, kicked out of Syria (90,000 of them), 1.8 million in Nigeria, not to mention Somalia, Afghanistan, Sudan, Yemen, I could go on. There is silliness all around. Why pretend the Jewish push for Israel is even a priority on your list? Orissa, India, in 2008, 500 Christians massacred by lunatic Hindus with machetes, 350 churches destroyed... Let's not even talking about the thousands of Christians dead in Burma.

The media focuses only on Israel because this is where they have us arguing. We lose the big picture.

And when you bring up religion...

We can safely assume that with

you mean that happened to Jews right?
The media doesn't feed us Israel in the US. We feed Israel billions in financial aid and weaponry annually. The US has in effect chosen a side through history in bolstering the Zionists and has been the primary mediator of both territorial disputes and peace talks for decades. Pretending our interest in Israel and the plight of the Jews and Palestinians is a media creation is woefully disingenuous.

Also, situating the Israel/Palestine conflict as one in a long line of religious persecutions is reductive as it glosses over the fact that the other cases you cite are radical extremists or groups who took advantage of a weakened or nominal at best state structure to purge their enemies versus a state that was forged with international endorsement and a group that was given the right to stake its claim to the land. So long as Israel's history is relatively recent and so long as it continues to be financially backed by the world's richest superpower it will be a unique case worthy of parsing individually.

The question Shapiro poses above ovet whether Israelis make better, safer governors is similarly simplistic. Obviously their areas are more organized, safer, more developed politically and wealthier, but that's by design and it will take a lot of counter design to change that.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
So long as Israel's history is relatively recent and so long as it continues to be financially backed by the world's richest superpower it will be a unique case worthy of parsing individually.
Israel's history is anything but recent.

The question Shapiro poses above ovet whether Israelis make better, safer governors is similarly simplistic.
But it is true. How many Muslim states are in turmoil? How many Jewish States are? Oh, there aren't any but Israel? Why? Because they were whiped out, and irradicated throughout the world? It seems pretty clear who deserves a shot at owning Israel. The bible and both the Quran recognize the Jewish, as the people of Israel. It's not just that they would be safer governors of the area, in a sea of turmoil and destruction, but both historically as well as according to all major scriptures the Jewish belong in Israel.

No, to call the history of Israel recent, that is being disingenuous.

Also, situating the Israel/Palestine conflict as one in a long line of religious persecutions is reductive as it glosses over the fact that the other cases you cite are radical extremists or groups who took advantage of a weakened or nominal at best state structure to purge their enemies versus a state that was forged with international endorsement and a group that was given the right to stake its claim to the land.
Do not gloss over the fact that the Palestinians lost the war in 1948, and the consequence of war is often loss of territory, it's how we live in the US. Here in the US maybe we need to focus on all the land we have stolen and gotten through war? No, that notion of course, would be ridiculous.

We feed Israel billions in financial aid and weaponry annually.
Like the US did not fund Bin Laden? Or countless of other international interests? This is not unique to Israel, how about the Saudis? Again, we would need to examine which other pet projests we fund throughout the world inorder to keep America "safe".

Does this suck for the Palestinians? absolutely, very unfortunately. Some people have all the luck, ask Armenians or the Lebanese. Again, it;s hardly unique bith yet the Israel/Palestinian conflict somehow became ultra-politicized without a critical look. There is no perfect solutions for this, nor a fair one. The US will continue to fund interests throughout the world weilding its massive inflience to serve its own obejctives and interests. That doesn't however make the Jewish people bad or wrong, with an exception of the radical Zionists of course.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Lebanese police fire on anti-Trump protesters outside US embassy with tear gas and water cannon
Lebanese security forces have fired tear gas and water canons at protesters near the US Embassy in Beirut during a demonstration against Donald Trump's decision to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

Demonstrators waved the Palestinian flag as they lit fires in the street and threw projectiles towards the security forces, who had barricaded the main road leading to the embassy in the Awkar area of the capital's north-east.

Some protestors burned an effigy of the US President, as well as American and Israeli flags and piles of garbage, sending plumes of smoke into the air. As they hurled stones, security forces responded with tear gas and water cannons, TV footage showed.

Lebanon is home to 450,000 Palestinian refugees, amounting to nearly 10 per cent of the population.

The White House announcement on Jerusalem this week has ignited protests across the Middle East, where it is widely seen as a blatantly pro-Israel move that threatens the decades-old peace process.

Washington had long held that the city's status must be decided in negotiations with the Palestinians, who want East Jerusalem as the capital of their future state.

The protests in Lebanon came as 10,000 people rallied outside the US Embassy in the Indonesian capital of Jakarta on Sunday, and followed three days of demonstrations in Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

Four Palestinians have been killed by Israeli air strikes after rockets were fired across the border from Gaza.

Addressing protesters in Beirut, the head of the Lebanese Communist Party Hanna Gharib declared the United States "the enemy of Palestine". He called for the closure of the US Embassy, which he said was a "a symbol of imperialist aggression".

The country's government has condemned Mr Trump's decision, which Lebanese president Michel Aoun warned was a threat to the stability of the Middle East.

The powerful Lebanese Shi'ite group Hezbollah has called for a new Palestinian uprising against Israel in response to the US decision. Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah also called for a protests in Hezbollah-controlled southern suburbs of Beirut.

Lebanon's foreign minister Gebran Bassil, speaking at an emergency meeting of Arab foreign ministers on Saturday, suggested nations should also consider imposing economic sanctions against the US to stop it moving its Israel embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

"Pre-emptive measures [must be] taken ... beginning with diplomatic measures, then political, then economic and financial sanctions," he said.

The 22-state Arab League, which includes several close US allies, said it would seek a United Nations Security Council resolution rejecting the US decision to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

"The decision has no legal effect... it deepens tension, ignites anger and threatens to plunge region into more violence and chaos," said the group's resolution, issued at 3am local time after hours of meetings that began on Saturday evening.

But the Arab League statement made no mention of economic sanctions and included no other punitive actions against the US, such as a boycott of American products or downgrading of ties with Washington.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Beautiful. Have any vids of this?
I've seem some from other places, for some reason there were a lot of people chanting about wanting to wipe out Jews. Kinda strange, were I to scroll up a bit in this thread I'd learn it's the Jews who are the extremists. Doesn't quite compute for me, but I'm sure it makes sense somehow

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I've seem some from other places, for some reason there were a lot of people chanting about wanting to wipe out Jews. Kinda strange, were I to scroll up a bit in this thread I'd learn it's the Jews who are the extremists. Doesn't quite compute for me, but I'm sure it makes sense somehow
A bunch of undesirables doing this in Sweden.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
for some reason there were a lot of people chanting about wanting to wipe out Jews. Kinda strange, were I to scroll up a bit in this thread I'd learn it's the Jews who are the extremists
It's one of the few accepted racism allowed still. No one ever uttered or invented the word Jewphobia, but yet there's plenty of rhetoric to defend other racisms. It's ironic that the work of Hitler gets carried out by the people he considered as less than dirt.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
It's the narrative you are supposed to swallow, now let's be a good boy.