Looking for Writers for an MMA blog

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Also, may I suggest a fan reaction article after the events, picking a few choice comments and posts from the lovely folks here at TMMAC. Cross pollination can grow two brands at once while providing you with honest and most times hysterically funny content. We try to promote the good and limit the BS found on most other MMA forums.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
Hello MMA Community!

My name is Jacob, and I have recently purchased a blog that used to be a boxing site. I plan on turning this into an mma site covering UFC, Bellator, and possibly One FC. Im looking for big fans in the sport. You dont have to know how to be writer, but as long as you know what you are talking about we can work with that. There will be an opportunity for pay on your works once the site creates some type of revenue, however for now I am just starting and looking for people who want to gain experience. I plan on credentialing about 3 or 4 writers in different parts of the US to cover live UFC weigh ins, events, and post-fight interviews. I am being helped by an uncle who has many credentialed writers for the NBA, so I am just looking to expand a team. Ideally I would want a writer to publish only 3 articles a week, and there will be a weekly podcast as well in the future.

My site is www.fightscribe.com

Please feel free to direct message me or reply straight to this thread.

Thanks,

Jacob
Fight Sribe
I'd love to try writing about ONE in the future

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Before you start Fight Scribe @Fight Scribe I'd advise you to get some investors or take out a loan and pay your writers a wage. If you can't do that, no need to start a blog. Writers can already work for no pay at plenty of places with decent name recognition or start their own blogs. For the level of output you're seeking, not paying is exploitative.

WhiteCollarBrawler

Amateur Fighter
Jun 16, 2018
Before you start Fight Scribe @Fight Scribe I'd advise you to get some investors or take out a loan and pay your writers a wage. If you can't do that, no need to start a blog. Writers can already work for no pay at plenty of places with decent name recognition or start their own blogs. For the level of output you're seeking, not paying is exploitative.
Good perspective, makes sense.

Odin13

Pro Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I would be interested. Too damned busy to do any full coverage; would mostly just be writing things occasionally and seeing if you would like to use it to fill out your site.

Fight Scribe

Oct 1, 2019
Everybody needs a start. I bet every major blog that started didn’t pay their writers right off the back. No need to say if you can’t afford to pay writers then you shouldn’t start a blog.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Everybody needs a start. I bet every major blog that started didn’t pay their writers right off the back. No need to say if you can’t afford to pay writers then you shouldn’t start a blog.
If you aren't paying the writers, what "start" are you offering them? They can write for free here and at least know we're all reading their thoughts. Or they can go to Bleacher Report and get paid next to nothing or just post on Medium. What I'm saying is that if you're seriously planning to launch or relaunch a domain, then you need a budget for paying to host the domain, a budget for marketing, and a budget to pay the talent. If you can't ask whoever does your hosting and design to do it for free and you can't run ads for free, why would you make the people populating your site with content work for free?

Fight Scribe

Oct 1, 2019
If you aren't paying the writers, what "start" are you offering them? They can write for free here and at least know we're all reading their thoughts. Or they can go to Bleacher Report and get paid next to nothing or just post on Medium. What I'm saying is that if you're seriously planning to launch or relaunch a domain, then you need a budget for paying to host the domain, a budget for marketing, and a budget to pay the talent. If you can't ask whoever does your hosting and design to do it for free and you can't run ads for free, why would you make the people populating your site with content work for free?
I definitely understand what you are saying, and I could definitely talk to people who would be willing to invest. In a perfect world I would love to pay everyone right off the back. As a full time student, and full time employee I have to work around the clock for everything. As I mentioned in the first post if and once the site generates any money I would pay writers. I know many people who enjoy writing for blogs just for fun and are just fans of the sport. Posting in a community is very different than a public site. Bleacher report does pay pretty much nothing but not everybody can just write, and I’m sure somebody out there would be willing to help out a small company rather than BR. There are avenues everywhere, and there is not one technique that leads to success. I’m sure there are many companies who didn’t just have that conventional start. It was nice to hear how you would try to run a site on your own though.

Thanks for the advice

WhiteCollarBrawler

Amateur Fighter
Jun 16, 2018
I think what Kneeblock is saying, is that people can write on some other better known platforms on their own time, when they want, however much they want. They would have more freedom to do as they like, and their work would reach a larger audience. For the site you would like to build, your writers would need to meet obligations that you set. Having obligations makes it work instead of a hobby.

WhiteCollarBrawler

Amateur Fighter
Jun 16, 2018
I think plenty of us would be open to contributing a piece once in a blue moon on our own time, when we have no other real life obligations to handle. Cranking out articles on a schedule as a work obligation for no pay is different.

Fight Scribe

Oct 1, 2019
I think plenty of us would be open to contributing a piece once in a blue moon on our own time, when we have no other real life obligations to handle. Cranking out articles on a schedule as a work obligation for no pay is different.
Thanks for sharing. I’m sure a lot of people see the same way as you. I’ll probably let those writers put an article when they want, or those who have podcasts can write their own article and share their links. If any one has an obligation you are right they should be payed for it. I’m definitely willing to work with anyone who would like to do continued work.

WhiteCollarBrawler

Amateur Fighter
Jun 16, 2018
Thanks for sharing. I’m sure a lot of people see the same way as you. I’ll probably let those writers put an article when they want, or those who have podcasts can write their own article and share their links. If any one has an obligation you are right they should be payed for it. I’m definitely willing to work with anyone who would like to do continued work.
Eh, you never know though. There might be someone out there willing to write on a schedule for free.

tkd.107

MMABug editor
Mar 5, 2022
Hello MMA Community!

My name is Jacob, and I have recently purchased a blog that used to be a boxing site. I plan on turning this into an mma site covering UFC, Bellator, and possibly One FC. Im looking for big fans in the sport. You dont have to know how to be writer, but as long as you know what you are talking about we can work with that. There will be an opportunity for pay on your works once the site creates some type of revenue, however for now I am just starting and looking for people who want to gain experience. I plan on credentialing about 3 or 4 writers in different parts of the US to cover live UFC weigh ins, events, and post-fight interviews. I am being helped by an uncle who has many credentialed writers for the NBA, so I am just looking to expand a team. Ideally I would want a writer to publish only 3 articles a week, and there will be a weekly podcast as well in the future.

Thanks,

Jacob
Fight Sribe
Hello MMA Community!

Thanks,

Jacob
Fight Sribe
Hey Jacob,
I have my own blog and i am also an mma and boxing enthusiast. Please inform if you are still looking for the blog writer.
Regards,
Talha