Migration Phase 2 - FAQ ongoing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

3 weeks or so
I've got a wedding and a conference. Coming soon. Not forgotten
Damnit. I was just trying to come up with something for him to bitch about. You didn't need to have an answer ready, Mr Fancy Pants.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Admittedly, I have not read through this whole thread....so this may have already been brought up in here. So my apologies if that's the case, not trying to harp or pile on needlessly.

But, does anyone else have an issue with the live fight threads jumping around as new posts come in? If I am reading through the thread or composing a post, and then the live thread updates, it jumps all the way to the newest post. Even if I am in the middle of typing, it jumps to the new post and I can't see the text box where I was typing without scrolling back to it. If you are trying to get caught up in the fight thread, it makes it hard to get back to where you were when the thread is active and it keeps jumping to the most recent post. This has only been on iPhone and iPad, I haven't tried the live threads on a laptop since the upgrade.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Admittedly, I have not read through this whole thread....so this may have already been brought up in here. So my apologies if that's the case, not trying to harp or pile on needlessly.

But, does anyone else have an issue with the live fight threads jumping around as new posts come in? If I am reading through the thread or composing a post, and then the live thread updates, it jumps all the way to the newest post. Even if I am in the middle of typing, it jumps to the new post and I can't see the text box where I was typing without scrolling back to it. If you are trying to get caught up in the fight thread, it makes it hard to get back to where you were when the thread is active and it keeps jumping to the most recent post. This has only been on iPhone and iPad, I haven't tried the live threads on a laptop since the upgrade.

I'll look into this. This may be a difficult one to fix because the live threads are built off of the engine of the software that I don't have any control over.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I'll look into this. This may be a difficult one to fix because the live threads are built off of the engine of the software that I don't have any control over.

I don't know if I explained that sufficiently enough, so let me know if you want me to try to clarify further. Or maybe I can give you a specific example during the next live fight thread. I notice it most when I am trying to type a post and then it jumps and then have to go back to try to finish my post. And with the older software, if you were getting caught up with the thread (let's say you are a page or two behind), the new posts would show up, but my screen would stay at whatever post I was reading (i.e. wouldn't jump to the newest post automatically). I am also usually doing other shit while the fights are on, so I may not have my phone/tablet out and open the whole time. When I open back up, it updates and jumps to the newest posts, so I miss everything (unless I scroll back)between where I left off and the most current posts.

I will also try a live thread on my laptop and see if it does the same thing.

Thanks Splint, you rock.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Did I miss somewhere that the toolbar would be down for a spell? Text options ie fonts, size, colour etc...

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Click your yellow wheel.
I probably need to remove your ability to disable that
That's better!

Never thought to figure out what that gear icon did. I'm not a smart man. You should probably remove my ability to disable that.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Did the site just make another change to the theme? My sidebar for scrolling is now yellow, and in the last thread I was viewing, the reply/comment box was filled with yellow as well. For some reason this thread doesn't have the fill color in the comment box, so maybe that was just an oddity, but the sidebar is still yellow. I haven't made any theme changes that I am aware of in my settings ever. I did just click on the settings to see if there was a way to change it, but it looks like it's set to the theme of 2.0, which I'm assuming is default now? Please advise.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Did the site just make another change to the theme? My sidebar for scrolling is now yellow, and in the last thread I was viewing, the reply/comment box was filled with yellow as well. For some reason this thread doesn't have the fill color in the comment box, so maybe that was just an oddity, but the sidebar is still yellow. I haven't made any theme changes that I am aware of in my settings ever. I did just click on the settings to see if there was a way to change it, but it looks like it's set to the theme of 2.0, which I'm assuming is default now? Please advise.
I esplain all the new changes in this thread
feel free to ask me any questions
thank you for your patience

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Can we get the name change forum functional again so we can know which dipshit is copying other dipshits?

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Hi Splinty @Splinty Idk if this has been reported yet, but to tag Sex Chicken by his new name, I had to manually change the user id number. It kept trying to tag a user named "Rob" 602 or something like that, and Rob Ford's Crack Pipe is 908. Maybe it's ignoring words with apostrophes now -- I don't remember it doing that before.

another test
Rob @Rob Ford's Crack Pipe