General Muay Thai (Children fighting for cash) Short documentary

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Cool documentary, I'm about half way through now.

The brain damage worries me about these little kids. On one hand, it's kind of cool and badass that these young kids train and are so disciplined. On the other hand, it's pretty fucked to have kids prize fighting and taking damage so young. And weight cutting for young kids is no good IMO. It's a shame that it is all about gambling and kids making money for their family to survive.

Roasting that kid in a hot car to shed more weight was pretty fucked up.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

The brain damage worries me about these little kids. On one hand, it's kind of cool and badass that these young kids train and are so disciplined. On the other hand, it's pretty fucked to have kids prize fighting and taking damage so young. And weight cutting for young kids is no good IMO. It's a shame that it is all about gambling and kids making money for their family to survive.

It's better than factory work.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

Agreed. I am conflicted for the same reason.

Wish I had learned Muay Thai as a kid though....
I guess learning it in America as an adult was the next best thing? Or not.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
we basically do the same thing in the western boxing circles in the us and in mexico 6 year old kids with bloody noses , the difference is they wear headgear here and are amateurs.