Sports NFL 2022-2023 Official Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Oh their defense is more than capable of keeping them in it. I just think they're going to need something from the QB position to win it.
I agree
I don't see a drop-off from purdy to johnson other than practice reps(which are very important)

Although Defense and a strong run game could do the trick

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I consider Johnson a 2nd string NFL guy...this 4th string stuff is an exaggeration
Certainly their 4th QB of the year, but that includes two unproven rookies...Johnson is an old vet

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jimmy Ward my be favorite defensive player in the league right now. Dude brings it.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
This game feels done without Purdy especially with Johnson not being ready for primetime.

Brock was built different...
That fumble was a killer.

D has been playing lights out but too many penalties.

SF is the better team, IMO.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
To me a lot of QBs would look good with a full week of Reps playing on the 9ers, that is a big part of what I think Purdy's success has been about

Johnson didn't get many reps and is just backup level so he simply isn't ready for this moment at this time.

I wonder how many wildcat plays they have that they can run? Might be a good option actually if they have a more than a few. Can mccaffery spin the ball at all?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If they aren't gonna pass other than screens and super short stuff then they should roll Mcaffery if they have a good blocking package.

Far too predictable right now, only have defend screens and runs. Just play a run blitz with short zone behind it and you stuff everything.