General North Texas is getting lake effect snow.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Dude, there are actually sad stories going around about people trying to use a bag of charcoal briquettes in there fireplace to try to stay warm. No bueno, but people were desperate
I saw a guy leaving Lowes with a fuck ton of charcoal..... I'm hoping he has a big BBQ planned this weekend.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I saw a guy leaving Lowes with a fuck ton of charcoal..... I'm hoping he has a big BBQ planned this weekend.
I’d like to hope the same too, but good chance they no nothing about carbon monoxide poisoning, let alone have a detector in their house, and were thinking they hit the heat goldmine with bags of charcoal.

fireplaces aren’t built for the heat of charcoal or lump charcoal. So you have the carbon monoxide threat, but you could also burn your damn house down. With no water available to combat it.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Dude, the insurance industry loves catastrophe. My brother has made really, really good money working claims after hurricanes and floods. They’re frothing more than the plumbers I imagine.
The trades people and staff for insurance companies might love disasters but the companies themselves and stake holders hate them.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
This is where Texas’s love for god is going to bite then in the ass...

Insurance companies: Sorry we don’t cover acts of God.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Dude, there are actually sad stories going around about people trying to use a bag of charcoal briquettes in their fireplace to try to stay warm. No bueno, but people were desperate
I know. That's why I was concerned for Splinty @Splinty
Poor guy didn't even know what a frost line is

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Dude, the insurance industry loves catastrophe. My brother has made really, really good money working claims after hurricanes and floods. They’re frothing more than the plumbers I imagine.
Some insurance companies are dropping their clients after the calgary hailstorm in 2020. Over $1.2 billion in damages.