General North Texas is getting lake effect snow.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Im sorry for doxxing you but the people need to know! La Paix @Nuk Soo Kow is your real life hero.
You should’ve seen his face while at our little ski cabin. He comes outside with his hands wedged up under his armpits to see his burly Canadian host with beard, plaid, toque, lit joint in mouth shovelling snowing and chopping wood to keep the guests safe and comfortable. When he whispered to himself “just like the books...” I could see his weak American breath leave his body.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You should’ve seen his face while at our little ski cabin. He comes outside with his hands wedged up under his armpits to see his burly Canadian host with beard, plaid, toque, lit joint in mouth shovelling snowing and chopping wood to keep the guests safe and comfortable. When he whispered to himself “just like the books...” I could see his weak American breath leave his body.
What kind of chainsaw do you use?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I rated this informative, because I haven't heard this particular story before. At the same time, I've heard this story countless times.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Good answer.
Don’t get me wrong, I would’ve gladly used a gas chainsaw this week if I had one. But I was able to supply firewood for three houses this week with and axe, splitting axe, hatchet, and a bow saw.

more elbow grease required, but worked out just fine.

The wife and I would like to move somewhere more rural at some point, and when that happens a good chainsaw will come into play in my tool arsenal.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Actually, the last time I cut down a tree I used a corded reciprocating saw. I have literally no use for a chainsaw.
Lol, I’ve cut smaller trees down with a recip too. Those pruning blades are great. My saw died a couple years ago, but it was awesome for cleaning up the trees and cutting small/medium firewood.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
And not once during all this bravado did you stop to consider to teach the poor guy about frost lines?

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Don’t get me wrong, I would’ve gladly used a gas chainsaw this week if I had one. But I was able to supply firewood for three houses this week with and axe, splitting axe, hatchet, and a bow saw.

The wife and I would like to move somewhere more rural at some point, and when that happens a good chainsaw will come into play in my tool arsenal.
K I'm starting to get really pissed off now.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

A chainsaw is a great tool if you're going to use it frequently as you probably would in a rural setting. But if you're going to break it out once in a blue moon (or in this case once every once in a lifetime storm) it's a waste of money because you almost certainly have tools around that will do the job with a little more effort and/or creativity.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
And not once during all this bravado did you stop to consider to teach the poor guy about frost lines?
What have you read in this thread that makes you the least bit inclined to think a Texan is going to take advice on something they have no experience with from someone who does?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
A chainsaw is a great tool if you're going to use it frequently as you probably would in a rural setting. But if you're going to break it out once in a blue moon (or in this case once every once in a lifetime storm) it's a waste of money because you almost certainly have tools around that will do the job with a little more effort and/or creativity.
I have a fireplace and smoker, chainsaw will get used.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Chainsaws come in all shapes and sizes, and burning gas is a god given right.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

This is 95% truth for anyone thinking this is just a joke.
Also I appreciate you have such a good memory.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yep. I have no issue with having one, but with a normal residential lawn I have very little need for one.
That’s the kind of tool I’ll acquire when the need arises, and from that point on I’m happy to have it.
But it’s overkill to me for the money to just use it for pruning a few trees.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I have a fireplace and smoker, chainsaw will get used.
some texas dude on another forum I know runs a mesquite BBQ almost every night
he is in da tree business, the threads are pretty epic as he cooks all types of meat over mesquite