Lifestyle Official 2018 World cup thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I don't think it was the 90-92 germany shirt though but memory is a funny thing :)

I remember it being slightly more subtle than that :D
it was the 93-94 one, it's sick!! brings back so many memories, and I loved Klinsmann

M

member 3289

I only don't blatantly root for it because I get the day off at work in Brazil gamedays. So I want them to get to the semifinals then lose 7-1 to Belgium
A Brazilian friend told me the other day that Neymar's flopping makes it hard even for a Brazilian to be a fan of his lol

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
why is he so revered there though? his whole style has been built around using the referee since he was a kid
He is only revered by little kids. Most tv analysts have been ripping on him with no mercy for his diving, lack of emotional control, self centered playmaking and hairstyle choice.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
And we're on page '66 when England won the World Cup against them. Yes, I was around then.

I like Ze Germans. I know I shouldn't being English and growing up in the army but they (normally) play great football.
oh shit. i was there in 96 for the euro. so i always assumed the "30 years apart" line of "three lions" referred to a euro. they won the world cup in 66

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Wasn’t it “30 years of hurt”? Fuuuuuck : D
yeh, you're probably right. you bloody brits speak funny though. i cant really understand ya lol. someone pointed out another piece that ive been singing wrong for 22 years too. i think its this part . "we could dance lover's dance, we could dance it in france"

by lover is really a persons name or something, right?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
yeh, you're probably right. you bloody brits speak funny though. i cant really understand ya lol. someone pointed out another piece that ive been singing wrong for 22 years too. i think its this part . "we could dance lover's dance, we could dance it in france"

by lover is really a persons name or something, right?
I just had to look the lyrics up, you had me doubting haha.

M

member 3289

I don't have cable so I have to watch Brazil vs Serbia on Telemundo, a Spanish-language network.

This is what happens when the U.S. doesn't qualify for the WC lol

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I just had to look the lyrics up, you had me doubting haha.
i guess its "we could dance, Nobby's dance. we could dance it in france"

im actually rooting for england now. they're my no 3 team. but no germany or US anymore.

plus, their set play in game 1 or 2 was soooo gnarly. best thing all cup so far imo. perfection

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
i guess its "we could dance, Nobby's dance. we could dance it in france"

im actually rooting for england now. they're my no 3 team. but no germany or US anymore.

plus, their set play in game 1 or 2 was soooo gnarly. best thing all cup so far imo. perfection
you already know far more of it than I do haha