Sports Official NCAA Wrestling Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Best of luck on y'alls journey looking forward to seeing what happens with yalls journey!
max and otto black

max (21) in his last year of wrestling for bisek at nmu... 3X national champ and senior national team member... 3X age level world teamer... only american to medal at Thor Masters this year... been fighting several injuries the last 2 years, but, finally healthy right now and wrestling in lithuania early AM tomorrow in prep for U23 worlds in october...

otto (19) graduated from high school this year... 3X national champ including OW at fargo and U20 nationals... 2X world teamer... only american to win Tallin Open U20 greco and has done it twice... '24 Pan Am gold... wrestles in Spain over labor day at U20 worlds...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Both Satievs were 2 of my all time favorites to watch! and yes, The Raney boys are dogs! That run Jordyn had to win his world title last year was sick!!
the iranians tell me he is adam's son...

i have never met the raney boys, but, otto has been around them several times at world team camps... he gets along very well with them... a little short on technique (greco wise) but bring the shit every time they step on the mat which i appreciate...

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
max and otto black

max (21) in his last year of wrestling for bisek at nmu... 3X national champ and senior national team member... 3X age level world teamer... only american to medal at Thor Masters this year... been fighting several injuries the last 2 years, but, finally healthy right now and wrestling in lithuania early AM tomorrow in prep for U23 worlds in october...

otto (19) graduated from high school this year... 3X national champ including OW at fargo and U20 nationals... 2X world teamer... only american to win Tallin Open U20 greco and has done it twice... '24 Pan Am gold... wrestles in Spain over labor day at U20 worlds...
very familiar with your boys! after i looked at your posts i figured out who they were! My buddies son Lucas Boe just won Fargo 16U in FS and runner up at Greco, losing to the phenom Aaron Stewart! Also, My dear friend who passed away few years ago Eric Allreds son is a big ten Champ at 197 for Nebraska, Silas Allred. I enjoy watching your studs as well.

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
very familiar with your boys! after i looked at your posts i figured out who they were! My buddies son Lucas Boe just won Fargo 16U in FS and runner up at Greco, losing to the phenom Aaron Stewart! Also, My dear friend who passed away few years ago Eric Allreds son is a big ten Champ at 197 for Nebraska, Silas Allred. I enjoy watching your studs as well.
thank you brother...

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
A kid a help coach and am really good friends with his father, Jeremy Carver just won National triple crown @14U jeremy (Aiden) Carver.. He also placed top 3 in both fs and greco at the Tallin open.. He went 363-51 last year lol yeah you read that right šŸ¤£

Last edited:

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
A kid a help coach and am really good friends with his father, Jeremy Carver just won National triple crown @14U jeremy (Aiden) Carver.. He also placed top 3 in both fs and greco at the Tallin open.. He went 355-41 last year lol yeah you read that right šŸ¤£

ha...

the boys wrestled alot as youths, but, 400 matches is a fukn career...

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Heres a few of Aiden Carvers 2023 accomplishments:
2023 USA Folkstyle Nationals champion
2023 USA Greco and Freestyle Nationals runner up
2023 Ohio Tournament of Champions 1st
2023 ISWA Folkstyle, Freestyle and Greco State Champion
2023 Tallinn Open Freestyle 3rd Greco 2nd
2023 IHSWCA Middle School State Champion
2023 Tulsa Nationals 4th
2023 Tyrant Nationals runner up
2023 Journeyman Fall Classic Champion
2023 Super 32 Challenge 7th
2023 USA Preseason Nationals Champion

363-51 in 2023
with 40 losses coming from moving to age/ weight div

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Heres a few of Aiden Carvers 2023 accomplishments:
2023 USA Folkstyle Nationals champion
2023 USA Greco and Freestyle Nationals runner up
2023 Ohio Tournament of Champions 1st
2023 ISWA Folkstyle, Freestyle and Greco State Champion
2023 Tallinn Open Freestyle 3rd Greco 2nd
2023 IHSWCA Middle School State Champion
2023 Tulsa Nationals 4th
2023 Tyrant Nationals runner up
2023 Journeyman Fall Classic Champion
2023 Super 32 Challenge 7th
2023 USA Preseason Nationals Champion

363-51 in 2023
with 40 losses coming from moving to age/ weight div
i am very far removed from that age group, but, clearly kid is a hammer...

i cannot fathom how to get 400 matches in a season...

by the time the boys were 14U they were settling down a bit and wrestling nothing local...

most of otto's youth he would spend half the year injured from having to wrestle up age and weight for comp and i had to finally just stop...

he was still 84lbs when he was 14 and now he is the giant of the family at a solid 5'8" and a full 63kg...

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
i am very far removed from that age group, but, clearly kid is a hammer...

i cannot fathom how to get 400 matches in a season...

by the time the boys were 14U they were settling down a bit and wrestling nothing local...

most of otto's youth he would spend half the year injured from having to wrestle up age and weight for comp and i had to finally just stop...

he was still 84lbs when he was 14 and now he is the giant of the family at a solid 5'8" and a full 63kg...

He wrestles 3 age/weight divisions a weekend lol He's a stud at BJJ as well.
Him and his pops are constantly traveling and training. Went from being a subpar wrestler his first couple seasons, but is so driven and dedicated, and made his mind up, he wanted to be great. His dream is to wrestle for PSU, so he keeps a 4.0 GPA and gets all the wrestling he can. I was def worried about him getting burned out, but the kid, absolutely loves wrestling.

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
He wrestles 3 age/weight divisions a weekend lol He's a stud at BJJ as well.
Him and his pops are constantly traveling and training. Went from being a subpar wrestler his first couple seasons, but is so driven and dedicated, and made his mind up, he wanted to be great. His dream is to wrestle for PSU, so he keeps a 4.0 GPA and gets all the wrestling he can. I was def worried about him getting burned out, but the kid, absolutely loves wrestling.
ha...

grades were never going to be a thing for my boys... way too psycho for academics... must have got that from their mother...

i do not believe in burn out personally...

i believe that is a term thrown around by those who were never really had a shot about those who were never going to do it anyway...

focus on effort and not results and let the kid off the chain as much they want...

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
ha...

grades were never going to be a thing for my boys... way too psycho for academics... must have got that from their mother...

i do not believe in burn out personally...

i believe that is a term thrown around by those who were never really had a shot...

focus on effort and not results and let the kid off the chain as much they want...
I agree with your sentiment! Every situation is different. I belive most "burnt out" kids are the 1s that have parents that try and live too much through their kids athletics. Then the kids associate, results with being loved, etc.. Def. a big believer in focusing on the process and not the results.. if a kid is surrounded with the right loving support system, do the right things with the right work ethic and attitude, then the results take care of themselves!

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
I agree with your sentiment! Every situation is different. I belive most "burnt out" kids are the 1s that have parents that try and live too much through their kids athletics. Then the kids associate, results with being loved, etc.. Def. a big believer in focusing on the process and not the results.. if a kid is surrounded with the right loving support system, do the right things with the right work ethic and attitude, then the results take care of themselves!
i remember wayne gretzky telling a story about sitting in an autograph line and some dad comes up with his son and asks gretzky to tell his son he has to shoot 500 pucks a night!!!!

gretzky remarked no one told him to do that he just did it because he loved playing hockey...

let the kid run the show as to where and when and then just try and do everything you can a s a parent to make it happen...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
just watched downey maul rockhold in what looked like a glorified exhibition at the CJI invitational...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
"Some people like losing..."

i know downey gets a ton of hate in the wrestling community, but, i can't help but like him...

he is a loveable fuk up...

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
just watched downey maul rockhold in what looked like a glorified exhibition at the CJI invitational...
he ragdolled him big time!! Im ready to see Nolf and Kerk compete!! Nolf imho got the worst possible match up for him vs Ruotolo but you gotta beat em sometime so might as well be in round 1 lol.. Winning a million dollars would be nice!

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
i have to take the girl child to a gutter punk show and will miss the rest this evening...

somewhat interested in kerk...

mattdubya

Aug 13, 2024
The boys are wrestling Duals and Individual freestyle/folkstyle tomorrow.

We signed up for Greco as well, but didn't get enough to fill a bracket.

I'll continue to cherish my time in these guy's corner until they outgrow me.

Attachments

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Jordan Oliver wins a UD n his PFL debut.. Didn't attempt a td until the 3rd.. Kinda worries me because he said he wants to just stand and bang.. almost implying he doesn't wanna use his wrestling like he could and should. There's def a wrestlers curse, where they fall in love with their striking and abandon their wrestling and it gets them in trouble later on. All The Greats who fulfill their full potential, obviously evolve into a well rounded fighter but they never abandon the horse they rode in on!

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
max drops moldova first match 10-2 first period after giving up a cheap exposure right off the bat...

first match in over 4 months and after only two weeks back to training after injury...

i'm not mad at it...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
piss...

max loses to ukraine 3-1...

i have never seen him sweat that much...

he texted me he was exhausted...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
got to watch my guy Algot from sweden pick up a win...

otto has trained with him in sweden and Algot has been over here to train as well...

great kid...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
fam fave and multiple time age level world champ and euro champ Gutu from moldova squeaks out a 3-3 criteria win...