Sports Official NCAA Wrestling Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
max has a 27 second tech over billy sullivan in his 3rd match...

if he had lost that match he might have been out of the family...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
max loses to poland...

missed the match floating in and out of consciousness after being awake for over 24hrs...

little bastard was supposed to call me...

sullivan beats the ukranian which really annoyed max that he lost to him...

i can't tell if they are all decent or all suk...

max is unconcerned as he knows he is rusty...

there is a 10 day camp after the tourney which is what he was really interested in to get his chops back up...

all i really know is that i'm taking a nap...

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
max loses to poland...

missed the match floating in and out of consciousness after being awake for over 24hrs...

little bastard was supposed to call me...

sullivan beats the ukranian which really annoyed max that he lost to him...

i can't tell if they are all decent or all suk...

max is unconcerned as he knows he is rusty...

there is a 10 day camp after the tourney which is what he was really interested in to get his chops back up...

all i really know is that i'm taking a nap...
regardless, of the results, he got to compete and see what he needs to work on! Plus, getting to travel and see the world, doing what he loves is always a Win!!!

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
Max takes silver…

the US has two others wrestling for gold and another going for bronze…

at tye end of the day it’s another medal for the family in a UWW sanctioned event which brings the total to 4 UWW medals and 7 international medals total…

more importantly it is another medal for US Greco and this country needs those…

B_Sharps

Aug 13, 2024
Same, wonder if we will see any others go and how DT plays this out for recruiting. DT to OSU has certainly made it a bit more interesting.

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
DT’s first order of business will be to explain to RBY what par terre is and it is not referee’s position…

LJB

Aug 13, 2024

US Greco gets a little momentum heading into Albania in October…

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
IMG_0887.jpeg

if anyone knows the hit job that was done on hrovat after he filed a safe sport report then you know this is a good start…

I say clean house all through USAW…

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
out of the first 5 weights in greco at U17 Worlds, Rayney is the only kid to win a match and he is in the semis...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
rayney wins his semis...

looked like pretty much every match of his i watched from last years worlds...

getting solidly beat on technique and almost teched out then does something crazy because the raney's have that dawg in them and never stop wrestling...

he was down 6-0 in the first (2 minute periods) then catches kid in a front head and literally bum rushes him to his butt and right over to this back for the pin...

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
rayney wins his semis...

looked like pretty much every match of his i watched from last years worlds...

getting solidly beat on technique and almost teched out then does something crazy because the raney's have that dawg in them and never stop wrestling...

he was down 6-0 in the first (2 minute periods) then catches kid in a front head and literally bum rushes him to his butt and right over to this back for the pin...

Just unreal the amount of Dog they got in them!

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
60kg Rayney drops his semis 1-1 criteria... YOLO brick lost official score 2-1.

lots of slip headlock attempts that the AZE kid did not allow to turn into any scramble situations that favor the rayney's.

i really wish both of those kids had real greco coaching.

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
i haven't watched much U17s after otto aged out, but, i forgot how horrible 2 minute periods are...

just ridiculous...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
55kg rayney brings home the gold with a 7-5 win...

bad challenge from KAZ hoping for a correct throw instead of confirmed step out leaves the kid with 44 seconds and needing a big throw instead of just working for a solid TD...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
was thinking rayney had a 4pt in the first, but, after rewatching he did not...

that horrible challenge really screwed that KAZ kid...

a step out could have won it on criteria...

LJB

Aug 13, 2024
the 60kg raney secures bronze...

i haven't watched U17 greco since otto competed at worlds 3 years ago...

it is shocking to me how different U17 greco is from even U20...

leg grabbing at high levels looks pretty much the same across all age groups and into seniors...

greco sure as shit does not...

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
This is one of the top 3-4 threads I hoped to see here
I don't follow the international stuff like y'all but I enjoy reading about it
My son is a freshman and will be wrestling his second season this year. His MS team last year was a small 1st year team with a 1st year coach but they worked hard. The boy did two camps at local but top Div II schools over the summer. No clubs around here so no wrestling otherwise since last year but he started weight lifting and has kept his cardio up with track and swim.
He qualifed for the state middle school championship last year and finished 10th. The goal this year is to qualify for the JV state championship. I can't wait until November for wrestling to start

mattdubya

Aug 13, 2024
hell yeah! My two favorite threads are split, so I am sharing time between sites.

My oldest starts MS wrestling this year. My first year not being his coach and I run the youth program in our system. I have one more kiddo in youth and possibly another coming through if he follows in their footsteps. If you post, I'll certainly follow your boys season