General **OFFICIAL** uG refugee thread.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
If you need some education on the matter I can link the thread we had regarding the Texas fiasco. We all became grid experts overnight. It was impressive.
Lol. No need. MMAPlayright & I were discussing me doing an AMA on grid operations earlier in this thread. I assumed it was me he was meaning to quote above. Obviously I was mistaken.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I just popped over there for the first time in a couple years.
The vitriol is so comical.

People bitching about the app not working. One of their top men posts "Anyone who wants a free blue shoot me a message"
LMAO. That's like saying "Yeah, I know it's a giant shit sandwich - but do you want it for free?"

I tried looking through a few threads but the screen went blank on me. Probably my blocker telling their spammy ads to fuck off.

What a clusterfuck.

Last edited:

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I just popped over there for the first time in a couple years. LMAO.
The vitriol is so comical.

People bitching about the app not working. One of their top men posts "Anyone who wants a free blue shoot me a message"
LMAO.

I tried looking through a few threads but the screen went blank on me. Probably my ad-blocker telling their spammy ads to fuck off.

What a clusterfuck.

Not going smoothly, you say? I’m shocked.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I checked it out. Here’s my unbiased review.

1) super buggy at the moment, at least for me on I-phone 11 anyway. Example: when scrolling thru a thread w/ a lot of Gifs (and ads), the thread jumps around and eventually just goes full white-screen. You then have to click refresh or go out & back into the thread to continue viewing w/out obstruction.

2) not a fan of not having pages. Makes scrolling thru a long thread cumbersome, even using the scroll bar. Software does take you to last unread post, but that’s buggy at the moment as well on threads w/ a lot of media embedded. No pages also just makes things confusing to me, in terms of being able to locate a post you would typically be able to find quite easily if you were able to reference a page #.

3) layout is pretty brutal. I’m sure discourse will provide the top men plenty of options for themes to choose from, should they decide to expand on the looks. I’m more of a fan of the style/layout of our site & sherdog. Theirs seems pretty off-the-shelf with a lot of wasted space as well.

Applaud them for trying to offer their users a better experience. There’s potential for a lot of improvements from their previous site thru the Discourse software...instant notifications, post ratings, quoting, media embed, etc. All the stuff we have here. I personally would have chosen Xenforo. Splinty is a genius when it comes to web development and that’s what he chose, so I have to think it’s a better platform. But maybe Discourse will turn out to be the bees knees when it’s all said and done.

But as of right now, after months of input & collaboration from the members regarding what they wanted the site to be, and behind the scenes development by the owners, I’d be somewhat disappointed that this is what was rolled out.

On a 1-10 scale. If the Discourse experience could be a 10 when fully maximized, I’d rate this about a 3 right now. Seems like there’s still a lot of work to be done & maybe they’ll get there.

Did see they’re still offering blue names. Not exactly sure what benefits that will provide members now that the features that gave them on the old site are now available to everyone on this one.

Anyway, that’s this dumbasses 2 cents.

Last edited:

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i havent been over there in ages. every time i do go all i see is people being toxic cunts and calling each other fagg0ts . the site has never worked and the owners have never gave a fuck. they sell their ads and make their money. the mma and the users are secondary .i started posting over there like 10 years ago and people were bitching about functionality back then . the UG served its purpose back when the sport was in its infancy ,before i ever even heard of the ug . it has its place in early mma and nhb history but as soon as twitter and other social media came along all the pro fighters and mma personalities that made the ug something special jumped ship. now its pretty much just a place for 40-50 yr old dudes to post about their glory days and 10ers and conor mcgregor nut garglers to post angry opinions about every minute detail of the sport . the UG is the 4chan of mma forums. it used to be something and now its just toxic and shitty while living off of past notoriety .if that is where you want to post ,cool .get in where you fit in. i just cant support a site where the owners look at the users (who contribute most of the content for free) as a cash cow who will always be there no matter how shitty the functionality is or how toxic the environment is.

tldr; fuck teh ug. kirik is a cunt

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
A
i havent been over there in ages. every time i do go all i see is people being toxic cunts and calling each other fagg0ts . the site has never worked and the owners have never gave a fuck. they sell their ads and make their money. the mma and the users are secondary .i started posting over there like 10 years ago and people were bitching about functionality back then . the UG served its purpose back when the sport was in its infancy ,before i ever even heard of the ug . it has its place in early mma and nhb history but as soon as twitter and other social media came along all the pro fighters and mma personalities that made the ug something special jumped ship. now its pretty much just a place for 40-50 yr old dudes to post about their glory days and 10ers and conor mcgregor nut garglers to post angry opinions about every minute detail of the sport . the UG is the 4chan of mma forums. it used to be something and now its just toxic and shitty while living off of past notoriety .if that is where you want to post ,cool .get in where you fit in. i just cant support a site where the owners look at the users (who contribute most of the content for free) as a cash cow who will always be there no matter how shitty the functionality is or how toxic the environment is.

A clogged toilet has more functionality than the UG/OG.

I haven’t been back on there in 4 or 5 years, place is a shithole all around. There are a handful of posters I miss from years past, but such is life.

Plus, Splinty @Splinty and Wild @Wild pay me handsomely (in hot Cheetos) to post here.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019

1) super buggy at the moment, at least for me on I-phone 11 anyway. Example: when scrolling thru a thread w/ a lot of Gifs (and ads), the thread jumps around and eventually just goes full white-screen. You then have to click refresh or go out & back into the thread to continue viewing w/out obstruction.

2) not a fan of not having pages. Makes scrolling thru a long thread cumbersome, even using the scroll bar. Software does take you to last unread post, but that’s buggy at the moment as well on threads w/ a lot of media embedded. No pages also just makes things confusing to me, in terms of being able to locate a post you would typically be able to find quite easily if you were able to reference a page #.

3) layout is pretty brutal. I’m sure discourse will provide the top men plenty of options for themes to choose from, should they decide to expand on the looks. I’m more of a fan of the style/layout of our site & sherdog. Theirs seems pretty off-the-shelf with a lot of wasted space as well.

Applaud them for trying to offer their users a better experience. There’s potential for a lot of improvements from their previous site thru the Discourse software...instant notifications, post ratings, quoting, media embed, etc. All the stuff we have here. I personally would have chosen Xenforo. Splinty is a genius when it comes to web development and that’s what he chose, so I have to think it’s a better platform. But maybe Discourse will turn out to be the bees knees when it’s all said and done.

But as of right now, after months of input & collaboration from the members regarding what they wanted the site to be, and behind the scenes development by the owners, I’d be somewhat disappointed that this is what was rolled out.

On a 1-10 scale. If the Discourse experience could be a 10 when fully maximized, I’d rate this about a 3 right now. Seems like there’s still a lot of work to be done & maybe they’ll get there.

Did see they’re still offering blue names. Not exactly sure what benefits that will provide members now that the features that gave them on the old site are now available to everyone on this one.

I'm sure they will at some point disable normal features for mudnames in order to try to get people to pay for pro membership.

Back on the old forum, this included the ignore function. For realsies, you had to pay the fuckers to ignore another user there.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm sure they will at some point disable normal features for mudnames in order to try to get people to pay for pro membership.

Back on the old forum, this included the ignore function. For realsies, you had to pay the fuckers to ignore another user there.
If I'm not mistaken that's still the feature. Ability to ignore and access to fapout forum. Like you say tho it wouldn't surprise me if the features were altered to make buying a blue give extra benefits. However if they are giving away free blues it seems that change isn't one that will be immediate.

Or maybe it is, giveth then taketh away.

I think the new site is a massive upgrade on that hunk of shit old app. Still not a patch on this place, but from what I've seen the past few days Chris has taken over the iron throne and is trying to actually sort it out. I saw the top men in action for the first time. There was a flagging feature that they got removed pretty quick when it was apparent it could be abused (no it wasn't me that did it)

Good luck to them, I know a lot of people from over there and many of them hate the changes, but I think it's because they just got used to that ancient hunk of shite old website. I'll still peek over there when I get done reading the rest of the internet, as I have done for many years.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
If I'm not mistaken that's still the feature. Ability to ignore and access to fapout forum. Like you say tho it wouldn't surprise me if the features were altered to make buying a blue give extra benefits. However if they are giving away free blues it seems that change isn't one that will be immediate.

Or maybe it is, giveth then taketh away.

I think the new site is a massive upgrade on that hunk of shit old app. Still not a patch on this place, but from what I've seen the past few days Chris has taken over the iron throne and is trying to actually sort it out. I saw the top men in action for the first time. There was a flagging feature that they got removed pretty quick when it was apparent it could be abused (no it wasn't me that did it)

Good luck to them, I know a lot of people from over there and many of them hate the changes, but I think it's because they just got used to that ancient hunk of shite old website. I'll still peek over there when I get done reading the rest of the internet, as I have done for many years.
Agreed it's better than it was, but that's a pretty low bar for them to clear.

Also agreed on why a lot of people dislike the new forum, because it's new. It's a load of old men yelling at clouds.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Also agreed on why a lot of people dislike the new forum, because it's new. It's a load of old men yelling at clouds.

It was the same when Dr dipshit did his site switch here. I can't even remember what changed I just remembered people got all uppity about it.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

that is part of the problem right there. the ug is full of nhb boomers who want to keep it the way it was back in the day. it is also full of tuf noobs ,conor nut huggers,and espn+ era fans who demand it be modernized .no matter what they do it will piss off the core base of long term posters from the old days who still use frames.no matter what they do it will never be as functional as the newer fans expect it to be . they have such a wide age range . it is impossible to please everybody at the best of times but this is legitimately a case where the nhb boomers are old enough to be the espn+ izzy fans grandparents and the conor nuthugger fans parents. there is no way the nhb boomer can figure out new tech and there is no way that kids who grew up on instagram and twitter will settle for anything less than flawless and lagless perfection from an app. there is also no way that kirik will dig deep enough in to his vault of blue name money to pay for a top notch developer to make his app

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
that is part of the problem right there. the ug is full of nhb boomers who want to keep it the way it was back in the day. it is also full of tuf noobs ,conor nut huggers,and espn+ era fans who demand it be modernized .no matter what they do it will piss off the core base of long term posters from the old days who still use frames.no matter what they do it will never be as functional as the newer fans expect it to be . they have such a wide age range . it is impossible to please everybody at the best of times but this is legitimately a case where the nhb boomers are old enough to be the espn+ izzy fans grandparents and the conor nuthugger fans parents. there is no way the nhb boomer can figure out new tech and there is no way that kids who grew up on instagram and twitter will settle for anything less than flawless and lagless perfection from an app. there is also no way that kirik will dig deep enough in to his vault of blue name money to pay for a top notch developer to make his app
NHB boomers trying to use the new site:

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Not gonna lie when I tried to stream bellator on Friday my kindle was being an absolute cunt. I looked like that old man in the picture. In the end I gave up but I was very close to punching its face in and throwing it out the window. Fkn thing

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015

Umm you're biased. It's obviously a 4.25 out of 10

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015

To be fair it's mostly faggots so the name calling is accurate