IMG/GIF Paulie flattened by Mcgregor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
We don't know what Paulie said in reply to those pictures. With regards to those pictures, I think they released those pictures because how Paulie reacted after the first sparring session. A fairly mild picture with McGregor having two hands behind his back is released, which is just some standard promotional stuff, but Paulie does the rounds to anyone that would listen saying stuff like McGregor doesn't hit hard - all the while having a shiner.

He pretty much made sparring public first, and now is angry about a couple of pictures which show him in a worse light. Yet, he says he wanted to go into like any other sparring partner. Other sparring partners have had unflattering photo's released because they are promoting Conor, yet they aren't doing the rounds shit talking him. Paulie went in saying he wanted one thing, but really he wanted another.
I don't disagree with you on the timeline and how things progressed
Also don't disagree that paulie shouldn't have got as pissed, but if you put yourself in his shoes and are as recognizable and have a reputation to uphold, It's understandable he got pissed about being sent the 2nd set of pics earlier than they were released to the public, asking conor to his face not to post anymore pics and then they release them anyways
It is apparent you are unable to put yourself in his position to see it from a different point of view

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Also don't disagree that paulie shouldn't have got as pissed, but if you put yourself in his shoes and are as recognizable and have a reputation to uphold, It's understandable he got pissed about being sent the 2nd set of pics earlier than they were released to the public, asking conor to his face not to post anymore pics and then they release them anyways
It is apparent you are unable to put yourself in his position to see it from a different point of view
I understand why he is pissed, but that's why I think he was delusional about what he was getting himself into. He wanted to come in spar and then become besties. That was never on the cards because of the shit he talked about Conor beforehand. Now he just sounds whiny about things not being setup in his favour during Conor's camp.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Paulie lays it all out there in the MMA hour interview. The first pic they released caused a lot of media attention for Paulie, but he didn't think much of it until he walked in and saw UFC photographers, Dana and Lorenzo in the gym for his second sparring session. He spoke to Conor explaining how it's tough to address all of the media when they release pics and asked him not to release any more. Conor goes and sends him the pics of the pushdown in a DM which caused some concern but he thought Conor was just joking and showing him some pics but the straw that broke the camels back was when they went public.

I think it's pretty obvious Conor's team (the UFC too?) had it planned out. Make Conor look good to sell more tickets. I think Paulie being such a figure in Boxing, respected etc, he was an easy target for the hype job they pulled on him.

If Paulies side is true, I would be equally as pissed. Imagine if Conor helped him spar and Paulie released pics of Conor on the ground with Paulie standing over him. The UFC would call out the hitmen!

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
That is the main thing I see in this fight...Floyd can stun/stop fighters with his counters and accuracy, even frustrate them with the amazing defense

But he has zero power the last few years...Ortiz only got KOed cause he quit midfight.
Agreed with the Ortiz point...he didn't get KO'd he milked it and tried to get Money DQ'd.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Agreed with the Ortiz point...he didn't get KO'd he milked it and tried to get Money DQ'd.
Although it did show what will happen if you drop your guard against floyd

I think he can sit down on punches and land hard shots...it is just not his style

It does show me that if they are actually gonna fight(I still feel this will be a work by both guys to just get paid)...If they really are going 100% and conor gasses and his Defense gets shitty then floyd could hurt him badly if he senses weakness

The hand speed of mr 49-0 can rock any jaw that is silly enough to stay in one place like Ortiz chose to do.

Nov 21, 2015
Paulie lays it all out there in the MMA hour interview. The first pic they released caused a lot of media attention for Paulie, but he didn't think much of it until he walked in and saw UFC photographers, Dana and Lorenzo in the gym for his second sparring session. He spoke to Conor explaining how it's tough to address all of the media when they release pics and asked him not to release any more. Conor goes and sends him the pics of the pushdown in a DM which caused some concern but he thought Conor was just joking and showing him some pics but the straw that broke the camels back was when they went public.

I think it's pretty obvious Conor's team (the UFC too?) had it planned out. Make Conor look good to sell more tickets. I think Paulie being such a figure in Boxing, respected etc, he was an easy target for the hype job they pulled on him.

If Paulies side is true, I would be equally as pissed. Imagine if Conor helped him spar and Paulie released pics of Conor on the ground with Paulie standing over him. The UFC would call out the hitmen!
Chris Van Heerden said the same thing was done to him which is why he released
the unedited sparring vids to the public (according to Chris anyway)

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I understand why he is pissed, but that's why I think he was delusional about what he was getting himself into. He wanted to come in spar and then become besties. That was never on the cards because of the shit he talked about Conor beforehand. Now he just sounds whiny about things not being setup in his favour during Conor's camp.
I agree with you completely
They had completely different agendas and paulie has to put some of the blame on himself for not seeing it

I just think that 1 thing was an asshole thing to do on team McGregor part

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I agree with you completely
They had completely different agendas and paulie has to put some of the blame on himself for not seeing it

I just think that 1 thing was an asshole thing to do on team McGregor part
Or a brilliant thing to create even more buzz around the fight...they might have planned to use him as a pwn the entire time.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Or a brilliant thing to create even more buzz around the fight...they might have planned to use him as a pwn the entire time.
It's very possible
If it is, it's working... conor already has his 2nd boxing match lined up and tons of people who didn't even know who paulie was 2 months ago, are now dying for the fight

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
LOL @ "might have"

this thing is about milking the "fans/dolts" for every single penny and PPV buy

Entirely scripted...Pro Wrestling through and through

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
It's very possible
If it is, it's working... conor already has his 2nd boxing match lined up and tons of people who didn't even know who paulie was 2 months ago, are now dying for the fight
Well whatever he does....he better keep Lomachenko out of his mouth. That dude is a killer.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Paulie wanted to be treated like one of the sparring partners. Got treated like a sparring partner, and now is whining about being treated like a sparring partner. All of Paulies complaints seem like complaints about them not focusing the camp around him and his schedule, or not promoting both him and Conor instead of just Conor. Seems delusional for someone that talked shit about McGregor, and then does a few rounds sparring and wants to be best friends.
called over to the gym at 15:00 to sit in a room while Conor practices on the pads is a bit weirder than not being best friends.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
called over to the gym at 15:00 to sit in a room while Conor practices on the pads is a bit weirder than not being best friends.
It definitely seems weird, but I bet there is more to the story there that Paulie either isn't mentioning or doesn't know.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
It definitely seems weird, but I bet there is more to the story there that Paulie either isn't mentioning or doesn't know.
I mean, since you are a fan of Conor the additional part to the story is Conor's side; he can just as well say (if he hasn't yet) that Paulie was out of shape, got whooped and left angry, but what does that change?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I mean, since you are a fan of Conor the additional part to the story is Conor's side; he can just as well say (if he hasn't yet) that Paulie was out of shape, got whooped and left angry, but what does that change?
I meant specifically about being called into the gym at a specific time.