Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I just watched Pacific Rim on my flight.

4/10 special effects kept it out of the negatives.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Revenant.

Lots of great pieces. Definitely worth a watch. Not oscar worthy. Should have been 20-30 minutes shorter.

7/10

The Dark Knight Rises

Yes I finally sat and watched this after life prevented me at the time, then everyone else had already seen it so wtg.
A seriously quality comic movie.

9/10 for the genre which I'm not expert at.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Stop stealing my review from the community chit chat thread, Kenny Florian.

lol, had to look at your post history.

Great minds.

But that's an accurate assessment. It was a beautiful movie that seemed strange in its greatness and flaws:

The fucking horse flying off the cliff?! and he lives hitting the tree, but everything else takes weeks to heal?

The lack of build up of random Indians that will kill anyone they come across

Leo being developed as a cool character, just to spend the whole movie moaning across the ground. What a waste!

The forest shots were the best I've seen, the bear scene will now be iconic, but that's about it.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
lol, had to look at your post history.

Great minds.

But that's an accurate assessment. It was a beautiful movie that seemed strange in its greatness and flaws:

The fucking horse flying off the cliff?! and he lives hitting the tree, but everything else takes weeks to heal?

The lack of build up of random Indians that will kill anyone they come across

Leo being developed as a cool character, just to spend the whole movie moaning across the ground. What a waste!

The forest shots were the best I've seen, the bear scene will now be iconic, but that's about it.
Omg the Indians and those French hunters. Who gives a flying fuck about them?

You would know this better than me, but it's supposed be freezing cold and Leo can just wade around in the cold water and not get frostbite or hypothermia? WTF is that?!

My biggest gripe is in the last scene before Leo lets Tom Hardy float down the river to the Indians he says "revenge is in God's hands." That really pisses me off. That should be left unsaid. Have some faith in your audience in figuring out why Leo did that.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The Water Diviner
7/10
On principle alone, this movie should be at least a 9 for an Olga Kurylenko appearance alone.
But because there wasn't "enough" of her, I had to bring it to a 7.

Here's a preview of the movie.......

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
sparkuri @sparkuri Splinty @Splinty

Heat is the pinnacle of movies? There's nothing more to ask of 3 hours of cinimatic pleasure once seeing this?

What happened to Vals character? Just got away? Cool....

Pacino walks in on a dude whos just probably banged his girl and just gets upset and takes his TV? Doesn't seem the likely response from his character at all.

Who the fuck gets a last second wheel man within minutes of a job? I expected more from such a high level team, guys been out for a few days and they feel it's time to cut him in on a few mil....

I did love this

classic.

Didn't mean to upset those few who feel this is as good as it gets, it was a great flick just not 10/10

Go rewatch it and remember you're in 2016 but be forewarned...

Your opinion might change.

As far as your petty rainbows

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Spy
8/10
Way funnier film than I expected ,even Jason statham was hilarious, great action scenes. I was also attracted to BBW mcCarthy and rose byrne

Last edited:

BJTT-Geronimo_De_Gato

MEOW
Amateur Fighter
Aug 17, 2015
Freeheld - 6.5

It's faults were enough that i couldnt see objectively rating it above a 6.5 but it is definitely an enjoyable flick. Moore is stupendous as always. Micheal Shannon was well cast and made me LOL a few times. Carell was Carell.