Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just saw:
The new tomb raider - some of it felt contrived, but it was really based on uncharted, not tomb raider, so 8/10 as an uncharted fan.

Rampage - 6/10 - script eh, acting horrible, but the rock and monster animals were great

Doom - 7.25/10 really felt based on Doom 3, so as someone who played that game, I felt less disappointed than people who only played the original. The script/direction could have been better, but they did capture the feel of the game well from the beginning, and I did like the plot. Some sad stuff felt unnecessary, but that's just the kind of story it is.

Jurassic World 2 - 6.5/10 did not like the first chunk at all. Last half was pretty good though. First movie was better overall.
Isn't uncharted and tomb raider essentially the same thing different gender?

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Isn't uncharted and tomb raider essentially the same thing different gender?
No. Maybe now they are that the makers of uncharted took over the tomb raider games - idk I heard they did - but the old tomb raider sucked. I played for a few minutes years ago and stopped because the game play was so bad.

Uncharted is awesome. There were scenes in the movie that looked like they were taken right out of uncharted games. It seemed like they took the character Lara Croft and dumped her in an uncharted movie that probably wouldn't have done as well without the tomb raider name value.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No. Maybe now they are that the makers of uncharted took over the tomb raider games - idk I heard they did - but the old tomb raider sucked. I played for a few minutes years ago and stopped because the game play was so bad.

Uncharted is awesome. There were scenes in the movie that looked like they were taken right out of uncharted games. It seemed like they took the character Lara Croft and dumped her in an uncharted movie that probably wouldn't have done as well without the tomb raider name value.

Ones a guy who runs into trouble while searching for artifacts.
The other is a girl who runs into trouble while searching for artifacts.
Indiana Jones did it efore it was cool!

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Saw the Mortal engines last week because Spider-Man and bumblebee were sold out.

Plot and dialogue were crap but the special effects were worth the price to see.

6/10

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Ones a guy who runs into trouble while searching for artifacts.
The other is a girl who runs into trouble while searching for artifacts.
Indiana Jones did it efore it was cool!
Yeah, they are all based on Indiana Jones, and those movies from the 30s and 40s that Indiana Jones is based on. But that stuff is awesome, so why not?

But I wasn't just referring to the type of plot. The action sequences and scenery are done to mimic the games. The movement of the hero mimics the way Nathan Drake moves, and there some scenes Lara went through in the movie that were almost exactly scenes you have to play through in Uncharted. Maybe they have since copied those scenes into a Tomb Raider game, idk, haven't played the newest.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah, they are all based on Indiana Jones, and those movies from the 30s and 40s that Indiana Jones is based on. But that stuff is awesome, so why not?

But I wasn't just referring to the type of plot. The action sequences and scenery are done to mimic the games. The movement of the hero mimics the way Nathan Drake moves, and there some scenes Lara went through in the movie that were almost exactly scenes you have to play through in Uncharted. Maybe they have since copied those scenes into a Tomb Raider game, idk, haven't played the newest.
Uncharted series is great I haven't played beyond the 3rd on though. Latest couple tomb raider games were Allright as well

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
Bird Box - 3.5/10
My wife wanted to watch something and had heard all the hype around this movie so she suggested we give it a watch. Pretty much a bore and lots of generic mediocrity all around. The way the story was told took away all of the suspense, nothing really scary or that tense in the whole movie despite being full of opportunity. A lot of the story didn't even really make any sense and it seemed like they were just doing certain shit for the sake of doing it in terms of the story elements.

Wasn't terrible though, just not good. Would probably have a slightly higher score if it wasn't for everyone lauding it as something great... or even something interesting.

Apostle - 9.5/10
Fucking incredible. Would give it a 10/10 if it didn't have me feeling physical pain through half the movie, but it was really fucking good. Completely grips your attention from beginning to end and the story beautifully builds into a crescendo of insanity that leaves you feeling both grateful and disappointed that it ends. Every element in this movie is perfect for an amazing horror film. I don't want to say much more other than I would highly recommend you watch this movie, but I will say you will feel absolutely awful for about half the viewing time.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse - 9/10
Way better than I was expecting it to be. I left the movie feeling that it was the first actual comic book movie I had ever seen, in comparison to comic book characters in Hollywood movies. It honestly felt like you were sitting there watching a comic book play out perfectly on screen. Pretty much everything in that movie played out perfectly and if I was 12 when I saw this movie I would be climbing trees and buildings for weeks pretending to be Spider-Man. Really well done and was a big breath of fresh air in the otherwise quite stale climate of comic book cinema.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Molly's Game: 8/10

former World-Class skier suffers horrible crash in Olympic qualifying, ends up running underground high-stakes poker games in LA and NY with famous Celebrities and Gangsters, culminating in a Federal indictment.

Very well-written, excellent pace and arrangement of a compelling story. Excellent acting by Jessica Chastain, Kevin Costner (no, really) and Idris Elba.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Apostle 2/10
Pretty much a bore and lots of generic mediocrity all around. The way the story was told took away all of the suspense, nothing really scary or that tense in the whole movie despite being full of opportunity. A lot of the story didn't even really make any sense and it seemed like they were just doing certain shit for the sake of doing it in terms of the story elements.

Wasn't terrible though, just not good. Would probably have a slightly higher score if it wasn't for everyone lauding it as something great... or even something interesting.

The Guardians 5/10
Basically an X-men for Russia.
I watched the dubbed over version, so hard to say what was truly going on.
If it's anything like the dubbed dialogue, it was aweful.
Story was bad, screenplay was bad, character interaction was bad.
Despite all that it sticks with you as you're trying to wrap your head around this Russian attempt at coolness.
The superhero's abilities were interesting, and the implementation grapgically was well-done.
What really pushed this from a 4 to a 5 for me was the bad guy.
He was strangely interesting; a face hard to forget...eerie.
Just on Russia's attempt, the bad guy, the good guys' powers, and the mandatory super-blonde, it's worth a watch.

Grindwalds bad things(harry potter whatever)

I don't know how to rate this because I detest Johnny Depp; the perennial weirdo.
And I don't care for kid magic movies.
I was dragged to this, maybe some kid will like it, kinda dark though.
I'll give a 4 because Zoe Kravitz was in it, my only personal selling point.

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
Apostle 2/10
Pretty much a bore and lots of generic mediocrity all around. The way the story was told took away all of the suspense, nothing really scary or that tense in the whole movie despite being full of opportunity. A lot of the story didn't even really make any sense and it seemed like they were just doing certain shit for the sake of doing it in terms of the story elements.

The Guardians 5/10
Basically an X-men for Russia.
I watched the dubbed over version, so hard to say what was truly going on.
If it's anything like the dubbed dialogue, it was aweful.
Story was bad, screenplay was bad, character interaction was bad.
Despite all that it sticks with you as you're trying to wrap your head around this Russian attempt at coolness.
The superhero's abilities were interesting, and the implementation grapgically was well-done.
What really pushed this from a 4 to a 5 for me was the bad guy.
He was strangely interesting; a face hard to forget...eerie.
Just on Russia's attempt, the bad guy, the good guys' powers, and the mandatory super-blonde, it's worth a watch.

Grindwalds bad things(harry potter whatever)

I don't know how to rate this because I detest Johnny Depp; the perennial weirdo.
And I don't care for kid magic movies.
I was dragged to this, maybe some kid will like it, kinda dark though.
I'll give a 4 because Zoe Kravitz was in it, my only personal selling point.

Ha, did you watch Apostle and really not like it? Or did you just like Bird Box?

I really didn't hate Bird Box, I just thought it could've been a whole lot better than it was and certain things bugged me throughout. I found all the group scenes in the house pretty cliché and have seen all those characters and interactions in numerous zombie movies before. I also didn't like how they cut back and forth between the current and the past in this case because it took all the suspense and mystery out of what was going to happen in the past scenes.

I actually also got dragged to the harry potter whatever movie as well. What a joyless piece of crap that was. The whole movie was gray and completely joyless. I feel like it's setting up any kids that see that movie for a lifetime of deep-rooted depression. I left that movie feeling like I just watched a Harry Potter movie about the holocaust.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ha, did you watch Apostle and really not like it? Or did you just like Bird Box?

I really didn't hate Bird Box, I just thought it could've been a whole lot better than it was and certain things bugged me throughout. I found all the group scenes in the house pretty cliché and have seen all those characters and interactions in numerous zombie movies before. I also didn't like how they cut back and forth between the current and the past in this case because it took all the suspense and mystery out of what was going to happen in the past scenes.

I actually also got dragged to the harry potter whatever movie as well. What a joyless piece of crap that was. The whole movie was gray and completely joyless. I feel like it's setting up any kids that see that movie for a lifetime of deep-rooted depression. I left that movie feeling like I just watched a Harry Potter movie about the holocaust.
Just having a little fun boss. I do have to watch apostle with a rating like that though. I saw heard Box but no one told me what it was so there was no hype. I watched it with my daughter, and the ending I thought was awesome, and medher said some tears, so there some sentimental value their.

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
Just having a little fun boss. I do have to watch apostle with a rating like that though. I saw heard Box but no one told me what it was so there was no hype. I watched it with my daughter, and the ending I thought was awesome, and medher said some tears, so there some sentimental value their.
All good man. Yeah, like I said I probably would have rated it higher I'm sure if I went in blind. I would definitely recommend watching Apostle when you get a chance but I also would definitely recommend not watching it with your daughter.

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
bird box.. it seemed silly but after watching the movie.. it was interesting

to me it was a chemical attack. all the demon stuff is nonsense imo

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Sicario 2
4.5/10
The ending rly pissed me off. Don't wanna spoil anything but that would have never happened in a billion years and the sicario guy would have just unloaded his mag and be done w that shit. Dumb fuck ending. Ruined the movie. It ended and I was like r u fucking kidding me

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Oh I forgot

I think the last movie I watched was that 3 billboards in ebbing Missouri.

Very good

8.5/10

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
took my kids to see into the spider verse.. 2 hr film.. was actually pretty good story.. bit cheesy.. but fun for sure

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I've seen it before, but last night I watched Shaun of the Dead again.

8/10. Very funny. The blonde Brit chick is hot.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Night School I think it's called w Kevin Hart? One of the worst movies ever. My girl was there and we usually talk thru the movie anyway so we don't get shit u have to pay attention to the whole time. But this one was horrible.
2/10