Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Has anybody seen come and see? I've been looking for it to stream but haven't had any luck. Iys considered by many to be the greatest anti-war movie made, and a lot of people struggle to watch it because some of the scenes are so hard to stomach.

Apparently it's being remastered and rereleased this year.

M

member 3289

Joker

10/10

Best origin story I've ever seen. Dark but it had to be dark. I wasn't sure if anyone could match Heath Ledger's version of Joker in The Dark Knight. Phoenix may have surpassed it. At the very least he equaled it.

This movie is deserving of every Oscar it is likely to receive. It might be my favorite comic book-based movie of all time.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Joker

10/10

Best origin story I've ever seen. Dark but it had to be dark. I wasn't sure if anyone could match Heath Ledger's version of Joker in The Dark Knight. Phoenix may have surpassed it. At the very least he equaled it.

This movie is deserving of every Oscar it is likely to receive. It might be my favorite comic book-based movie of all time.
I couldn't feel more different.
Didn't feel enough like a comic book movie until the very end. For most of the movie you could be watching any character that has nothing to do with joker or batman. And I agree it was appropriately dark. And the high energy scenes
scissor kill, live shooting etc
were just right but there weren't enough to keep me loving it. It was too much dreary without a punch line.

7/10. Excellent acting. Not excellent movie.

Phoenix acted so well we forgot Jared Leto ever did the role.

M

member 3289

Didn't feel enough like a comic book movie until the very end. For most of the movie you could be watching any character that has nothing to do with joker or batman. And I agree it was appropriately dark. And the high energy scenes
were just right but there weren't enough to keep me loving it. It was too much dreary without a punch line.

This is a really terrible opinion for many reasons

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Splinty @Splinty

I think a lot of why I loved it so much was BECAUSE it wasn’t a comic book movie. The market has been flooded so much I’m getting fed up with them.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Splinty @Splinty

I think a lot of why I loved it so much was BECAUSE it wasn’t a comic book movie. The market has been flooded so much I’m getting fed up with them.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

I agree.

It's not a great film imo.

It would have been better if the reveal was he was the Joker. Not going into it knowing.

I get that may have been hard to conceal
There were some nice twists and the acting and look of the film was excellent but it wasn't a great

7 to 8/10 is about right.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
FINGERS @Fingers

only watched the first episode but it was brilliant. Same guy who did Queer as Folk which was one of my favourite programmers
The second one is really good. Takes a while to get into but great
The third is the weakest until the end. But the third had the best twist innit too.

Same crew that did the Sherlock reboot with Benjamin Cumberland

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
The third is the weakest until the end. But the third had the best twist - Throbbie Fart too.

Didn’t know that. I didn’t go as nuts for Sherlock as everyone else seemed to but I did enjoy it.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
The third is the weakest until the end. But the third had the best twist - Throbbie Fart too.

Didn’t know that. I didn’t go as nuts for Sherlock as everyone else seemed to but I did enjoy it.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Terminator Dark Fate

Not nearly as good as T1 & T2, but not nearly as bad as 3, 4 & 5.
This movie is really fast paced with some incredible action, fight and chase scenes.
Amazing, massive set pieces.

Where its lacking is in the dialogue (Arnold has always gotten a pass on this) and while most of the CGI is impressive, some of it shockingly average. There is a scene in the beginning where they de-aged Arnold and Linda, honestly the best de-aging I've seen yet.

Dont listen to the haters, but dont be expecting T2.

Solid 7/10