Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Tenet 7/10

I admit I will need to do some research and multiple more viewings before I think I’ll understand even half of this movie but I immediately loved the concept. I don’t think I liked it as much as Inception but it may have been a more clever film.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Disney+ and Hulu were cancelled after I stopped getting them for free. ESPN+, Netflix, and MLB TV are the only streaming services I pay for. I haven't tried HBO Max, but I use YouTube way more than anything anyway.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Biography: Ultimate Warrior
6.5/10

Learned a lot but it was fairly flat. Maybe I just didn’t love it because I was such a Warrior fan as a kid and this was the raw behind the scenes truth.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
5/10
Great premise for a movie but another Zac Snyder film that goes on way too long and feels like it takes forever with such a slow pace.
A fairly enjoyable cast is one positive but they are let down by the films plot, direction, and cinematography.

View attachment 37434
Accurate post, is accurate.

Is it just me, or is Mr Snyder still rent seeking off of 300?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Boss Level on Hulu.
7/10

It is over the top and unrealistic, but fun as hell. I enjoyed it like I used to enjoy watching action movies as a kid.

Neat idea too. The main character keeps waking up repeating the same day until he inevitably gets killed each day. Think of playing a video game and starting back in the same spot each time you die.
View attachment 37433
is it token Mel?

or full Mel?

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
I was in the mood for an oldie but goodie so I’m watching “Gladiator.”

10/10 for me.
Up there as one of my favorite movies ever.

7F88FDE1-A417-420B-BE69-6D93518937F7.gif

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I haven't watched a movie new to me in over a year, a recent thread had me give it a go.

Nice flick.
Cold Brook
7.80946572/10

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Primer. It's on Prime ironically.

Been meaning to watch this for years. Its a time travel romp. The twist is it only cost something like 48 thousand dollars to make. So for it not to be shit everything needs to work.

It does.

Really good film. You need to pay attention but it's only 78 mins long. Feels a lot longer thanks to the depth of the script. It's best to watch it knowing nothing about it I'd say.

A solid 8.5

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
MMA Tranny's #4.

It wasn't until after I watched the full movie(twice) that I realized I misread the title and it had nothing to do with MMA trainees. Even so it had some great twists and turns and a surprise ending so I figured I better watch the rest of the series in case I missed something.

8/10 stars.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Galaxy of Terror, Roger Corman, 1981.

Interesting cast, Sid Haig, not playing a villain. Erin Moran with two years of Happy Days to go. Robert Englund just before slasher film success. Ray Walston, who ST fans will know as Boothby.
James Cameron, future king of the world, did some matte paintings.

I won't ruin it as it's a bad film worth seeing. Not hilariously bad, but unintentionally funny in parts.
But for a couple of elements it could've been a decent low budget b movie Alien ripoff.

Feels like a movie that had scenes removed that contained important exposition. I was constantly confused about how did they get here, who is this now, where'd he get that from?

Edited to add, it's not for kids. There's an infamous scene where a giant slime alien attacks, strips naked, and rapes a woman.
According to the original script there was MORE thrusting and the woman is shown enjoying it.

Last edited:

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Meet the Patels
7.5/10
Documentary. It was really funny in a sweet sort of way. Recommended for a movie with the Mrs. or family.

View: https://youtu.be/UPLQ4sadJDQ

"MEET THE PATELS is a laugh-out-loud real life romantic comedy about Ravi Patel, an almost-30-year-old Indian-American who enters a love triangle between the woman of his dreams ... and his parents. Filmed by Ravi’s sister in what started as a family vacation video, this hilarious and heartbreaking film reveals how love is a family affair.

Fresh out of a breakup with his secret white girlfriend, who his parents knew nothing about, and freaked out that he’s almost 30 and single, Ravi goes on a family vacation to India with his head and heart spinning.

Ravi is willing to do whatever it takes to find love—but there’s one tricky detail to consider: In his family, everyone has the last name Patel. Patels marry other Patels. It’s not incest, it means they are from the same 50-square mile radius in India. Struck with how overwhelmingly happy the marriages are of his Patel family and friends, Ravi enters a fool-proof Patel matchmaking system and embarks on a worldwide search for another American Patel just like him.

A well-oiled machine, the Patel network is instantly alerted of Ravi’s availability through his legendary matchmaker mother and his life-advice-spouting father, both of whom expertly quarterback Ravi’s love life through a system that has brought love into the lives of all of Ravi’s cousins. During this process, Ravi can’t seem to shake his documentarian sister who follows him around, inserting unhelpful commentary at every whim. Over the course of a year, Ravi’s parents send him on a whirlwind of dates around the United States via the “Biodating” system, a chain of weddings, online matrimonial websites, and the “Patel Matrimonial Convention.” Witty and brutally honest, this comedy explores the questions with which we all struggle: What is love? How do we find it? And even then, how do we keep it?

Directed by siblings Ravi Patel and Geeta Patel, this award-winning film comes to you from Producer Janet Eckholm (AMERICAN SPLENDOR) and Academy Award Winning Executive Producer Geralyn Dreyfous (BORN INTO BROTHELS/THE SQUARE) and PBS. With unique animation and a soulful soundtrack that will have audiences dancing in their seats, MEET THE PATELS melds the documentary and narrative form. Geeta and Ravi, along with their quirky parents keep audiences entertained and glued to the screen. MEET THE PATELS is a film everyone can relate to regardless of gender, age, or cultural background — after all, we have all been there.

MEET THE PATELS also uses humor to address a timely social issue: In early 2009, directors, sister and brother team, Geeta and Ravi Patel began to explore and document the societal pressures of marriage in their first-generation Indian American family. Through research in India and America, they discovered that their “Indian Issue” was more of an “American Issue”: the majority of Americans with strong cultural and religious roots shared a serious psychological conflict when it came to dating (and marrying) outside of their skin color, culture, religion, and ethnicity."

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Finally got round to watching The Dictator with Sacha Baron Cohen, thankfully not as cringy as Borat. Not an all time classic by any means, but had some genuinely funny moments and kept me entertained.

7.5 / 10, worth a watch.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Currently watching 1991's Even Hitler Had a Girlfriend.

Lots of tits bookended by a weirdo and his endless internal monologuing.
It's incredibly bad. Reminds me a lot of Things.

M

member 3289

F9 (Fast and Furious)

3/10

You go into these movies expecting to lose a few brain cells in exchange for decent action scenes and a somewhat decent plot structure.

This was bad, even for a movie in this saga. All over the place, no real bad guy, just throwing 5 storylines at the audience with zero continuity.

Hobbes & Shaw is the upper limit for one of these films. F9 is the lowest of the low. Probably the worst entry in the series thus far. I can't remember every stupid entry, but I don't remember watching one that was this bad.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Boss Level on Hulu.
7/10

It is over the top and unrealistic, but fun as hell. I enjoyed it like I used to enjoy watching action movies as a kid.

Neat idea too. The main character keeps waking up repeating the same day until he inevitably gets killed each day. Think of playing a video game and starting back in the same spot each time you die.
View attachment 37433
Watched this on Prime after seeing your review. What a fun movie. 7/10

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
F9 (Fast and Furious)

3/10

You go into these movies expecting to lose a few brain cells in exchange for decent action scenes and a somewhat decent plot structure.

This was bad, even for a movie in this saga. All over the place, no real bad guy, just throwing 5 storylines at the audience with zero continuity.

Hobbes & Shaw is the upper limit for one of these films. F9 is the lowest of the low. Probably the worst entry in the series thus far. I can't remember every stupid entry, but I don't remember watching one that was this bad.
Haven't seen F9, but your synopsis of the rest of the series is out to lunch so...

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
F9 (Fast and Furious)

3/10

This is the 6th or 7th highest grossing film franchise in history.

Just shows how stupid people are.

I think I might have seen 2 of them. I cannot believe how people are engaged with this. Well I can. They voted for trump and believe the election was stolen and have numerous assault rifles in their homes.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018

I think I might have seen 2 of them. I cannot believe how people are engaged with this. Well I can. They voted for trump and believe the election was stolen and have numerous assault rifles in their homes.

M

member 3289

It's very impressive how they've tapped into the American psyche with these shit films. The producers can be the David Benioff and D.B. Weiss of cinema - free to create utter shite, except in their case they don't have to worry about pissing off a bunch of nerds.

Last edited by a moderator: