Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I understand that he was playing a parody of himself. Just didn’t find it as great of a movie as some others. Most seem to be love/hate on this one. My wife & I were both indifferent.

On a side note. During the “broke” portion of the movie, my wife & I were laughing about where his Mulsanne was. Wife’s uncle owned Nick Cages Bentley Mulsanne for a few years while he was in financial trouble. Just sold it back to him about 5-6mo ago.
This explanation reminds me of the Texans not finding King of the Hill funny.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
This explanation reminds me of the Texans not finding King of the Hill funny.
Ok. So to say I was indifferent about it as it wasn’t as intelligent as it was trying to be & that I also didn’t hate it for what it was is somehow me taking the film personally as a close to home comparison? Not quite.

I had a few laughs but thought it fell short of its goal is all. There’s plenty of movies that I just shut off, this wasn’t one of them.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Ok. So to say I was indifferent about it as it wasn’t as intelligent as it was trying to be & that I also didn’t hate it for what it was is somehow me taking the film personally as a close to home comparison? Not quite.
You literally described a scene as a real life event.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It did struggle at times
I'm a huge cage fan but the ending saved the movie

I think Menergy gave it a 6.5 and that is fine with me, I don't even usually like most comedies

Have you seen Army of One? It is another bizarre cage movie I watched recently.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
Christ, in a spoof movie that attempts to portray someone’s supposed life, if you had any personal experience in said situation & there was a scene that represented it, would you not comment to another that had experience in that event as an inside joke?

The comment here wasn’t supposed to make this out to be some true to reality show expectation. Thought that could be easily inferred

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think Mel would be great as an old gunslinger in westerns now
Somebody should cast his ass in some of those ASAP
I don't think hes "getting casted" anymore, He's kind of his own master.

He's coming out with his movie The Resurrection which is literally biblical in proportion.
Just watch Apocalypto the other day.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I accidentally watched 5 minutes of "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" last night.

It's still one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Snow Day
(2000)

5/10

Chevy Chase, Bo Duke, Chris Elliott, Sloan from Entourage

Unexpected snowfall gives the kids the day off. One group tries to take out the snow plow to get 2 days off in a row. One kid stalks Sloan from Entourage - who was hot in this movie (25 yrs old playing a high schooler). Another group makes an underground labyrinth of snow forts (in one day? Get fucking real!) and tosses snow balls at the principal.

Iggy Pop makes a cameo as a weird skating rink DJ.

Sloan was probably the only good part of the movie, other than the little brother fucking with his mom.

Chevy Chase is AWFUL in this one. Mailed it in.

Stronghold

Mar 4, 2023
Jesus Revolution... 7/10. Good but not great and some of the acting was stilted. I didn't go far enough, they didn't show why Faith can change people's lives. It just showed that it did for a few people

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Bear didn't do all that coke

Somebody took almost all the coke with them and the bear got into the remnants of the bags, human wanted to make sure the bags had no tracking devices in them so opened them and put them into another container/bag

Bears have very little tolerance to stimulants, don't ask me how I know this but I know

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Bear didn't do all that coke

Somebody took almost all the coke with them and the bear got into the remnants of the bags, human wanted to make sure the bags had no tracking devices in them so opened them and put them into another container/bag

Bears have very little tolerance to stimulants, don't ask me how I know this but I know