General RIP Comunity Chit Chat

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I live 40 minutes away from San Francisco for the parade thing, it's not like me going to Timbuktu.
I was sure you told me you live in Barcelona, then somewhere in the UK, and now it's near San Francisco.

You really have to land in the UK to fly from Spain to USA?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I was sure you told me you live in Barcelona, then somewhere in the UK, and now it's near San Francisco.

You really have to land in the UK to fly from Spain to USA?
It was a pretty last minute flight with a stop over for 3 hours in Barcelona to the UK. I've lived in San Jose for 3 years.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
It was a pretty last minute flight with a stop over for 3 hours in Barcelona to the UK. I've lived in San Jose for 3 years.
I know nothing :D

so is San Francisco the literal shithole I hear it is? I've only been there on Grand Theft Auto games

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I know nothing :D

so is San Francisco the literal shithole I hear it is? I've only been there on Grand Theft Auto games
I only really go for gigs and Chinatown. There for a few days in a couple of weeks to do a proper tourist thing Alcatraz and walking tours so see how that goes.

In terms of "sh*t hole" I guess the same could be said for here really.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
San Francisco is cool. Great food. Alcatraz is fun. Lots of faggy hipsters tho
I haven't even driven over the bridge so I'm going to do that, drive down the hickledy pickledy Lombard Street, get on the trolley, just be a real tourist for a few days.

Only times I've really been was to stay with a friend or for a gig rather than specifically to do SF stuff so it should be fun. First year I lived in California a lizard got into my apartment and within 5 minutes I'd packed a bag and went to stay with her for a couple of nights.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I haven't even driven over the bridge so I'm going to do that, drive down the hickledy pickledy Lombard Street, get on the trolley, just be a real tourist for a few days.

Only times I've really been was to stay with a friend or for a gig rather than specifically to do SF stuff so it should be fun. First year I lived in California a lizard got into my apartment and within 5 minutes I'd packed a bag and went to stay with her for a couple of nights.
Ur a fucken lizard. And it's a tram not a trolley.

There's a bar near China town called Mr bings that has a good Jukebox

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What should I write? It looks nice and divey.

I read some nasty stuff about my nephew in the toilets in my local grungy bar in Farnborough and had a running thing sticking up for him on the door for a few months.
Write anything I guess. Birdwatcher is bald and sucks off dogs?

Free banchan and vutu?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Jehannum @Jehannum
Talking about the other place the other day, did you ever meet anyone irl from there?

I have quite a few. I'm not really active much anymore but I've hung out with a few people from there, it's not as it was in terms of being a close community and I've lost touch with a bunch of people but it used to be nice. Best night out was with Cool Hand Luke, we still chat.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Jehannum @Jehannum
Talking about the other place the other day, did you ever meet anyone irl from there?

I have quite a few. I'm not really active much anymore but I've hung out with a few people from there, it's not as it was in terms of being a close community and I've lost touch with a bunch of people but it used to be nice. Best night out was with Cool Hand Luke, we still chat.
nah never met anyone online in person, I doubt my anxiety could handle it lol, but I've had friends from there (Platinum Nation members) that stuck with me even during my mood swings etc and I knew a lot about their lives and vice versa. I'm too sensitive for regular contact with people sadly and right now I don't speak with any of them except one dude on twitter.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
nah never met anyone online in person, I doubt my anxiety could handle it lol, but I've had friends from there (Platinum Nation members) that stuck with me even during my mood swings etc and I knew a lot about their lives and vice versa. I'm too sensitive for regular contact with people sadly and right now I don't speak with any of them except one dude on twitter.
You don’t come across like that here.
When I first moved to Virginia one of the Plat regulars would come out driving with me to get used to me driving on US roads which was nice. He was a pretty good mate for a while.
Shame we all sort of lost touch really. It was cool having him in the same city when I first moved there.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
When I first moved to Virginia one of the Plat regulars would come out driving with me to get used to me driving on US roads which was nice. He was a pretty good mate for a while.
Shame we all sort of lost touch really. It was cool having him in the same city when I first moved there.
just to avoid any confusion, Plat Naysh has nothing to do with the platinum subforum

I talk too much once I'm comfortable, it's one of my many failings :D but invite me to a video call and I'll have a minor heart attack

someone invited me to a video thing on instagram (mma related) recently and I wasn't sure if it would show my face so I panicked and quit lol. Even in the past I'd barely last 30 seconds on webcam (not what it sounds like) and I even panicked because a chick's eyes were too big. Turns out it happened to her before because she has "cow eyes" lol

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
not a dogging thing right?

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Shame we all sort of lost touch really.
I think that is one of the worst things about having online friends, you lose so many as your interests or life change. I'm a hoarder and got tons of pics of friends I've had over the years whether through gaming or combat sports. No joke I've got photos of people from 2004 when I first discovered forums :p