General RIP Comunity Chit Chat

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yeah man. Alcohol is in no shortage around these parts. About everyone I know, has a mason jar or 2 full of white lightning or peach brandy.
In England white lightning is a cider that bums drink. It (used to be at least) $3.50 (phone doesn't have pound sign) for a 3 litre bottle. It tastes like Terminator piss. And that one bottle was 17 units of alcohol

Good stuff. Makes you wanna quit drinking

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Kind of crazy but my parents are headed here to ride out the storm.

If you look up Emerald Isle, NC on your weather map you'll see that they're about to take it in the pooper if they stay.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
In England white lightning is a cider that bums drink. It (used to be at least) $3.50 (phone doesn't have pound sign) for a 3 litre bottle. It tastes like Terminator piss. And that one bottle was 17 units of alcohol

Good stuff. Makes you wanna quit drinking
Yeah it taste like what I imagine motor cleaner to taste like. My guess, is it's about $125 for a gallon of it. Some guys have it for $100. I've heard.....i don't know for sure tho. Every since those stupid hillbilly outlaw shows come out on tv. The price for moonshine has about doubled.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Yeah it taste like what I imagine motor cleaner to taste like. My guess, is it's about $125 for a gallon of it. Some guys have it for $100. I've heard.....i don't know for sure tho. Every since those stupid hillbilly outlaw shows come out on tv. The price for moonshine has about doubled.
Send me some peach brandy. :D

M

member 3289

SuperPig @willthiswork shutters or plywood? Just curious as they're both effective, but fucking hell plywood is a bitch to put up.

A lot houses here have either accordion shutters (which stay up all year) or hurricane-impact windows, but we're a little more used to hurricanes.

I can imagine it's full panic mode now, but don't be relaxed about preparation. Speaking from experience, you'd rather over-prepare than under-prepare. A category 4 or 5 storm is a life-changing event. Worst I've ever dealt with in a direct hit was a cat 3, and that was the worst experience of my life.

Be safe, and be ready.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
SuperPig @willthiswork shutters or plywood? Just curious as they're both effective, but fucking hell plywood is a bitch to put up.

A lot houses here have either accordion shutters (which stay up all year) or hurricane-impact windows, but we're a little more used to hurricanes.

I can imagine it's full panic mode now, but don't be relaxed about preparation. Speaking from experience, you'd rather over-prepare than under-prepare. A category 4 or 5 storm is a life-changing event. Worst I've ever dealt with in a direct hit was a cat 3, and that was the worst experience of my life.

Be safe, and be ready.
I'm far enough inland that I'm not concerned about the wind. They'll be high but not catastrophically bad.

The bigger concern i have is the amount of rain we've already had and the fact that they're calling for 30 inches more. Add in 50/80mph winds and there's going to be some trees dropping all around me.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I'm far enough inland that I'm not concerned about the wind. They'll be high but not catastrophically bad.

The bigger concern i have is the amount of rain we've already had and the fact that they're calling for 30 inches more. Add in 50/80mph winds and there's going to be some trees dropping all around me.
30" of rain?
Holy shit dude. That's some seriously saturated dirt.
Stay away from the pines. Shallow roots.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
30" of rain?
Holy shit dude. That's some seriously saturated dirt.
Stay away from the pines. Shallow roots.
Alternatively, if there are any trees you have a grudge against, now is the time to tie a rope around that fucker and show it who's boss.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Alternatively, if there are any trees you have a grudge against, now is the time to tie a rope around that fucker and show it who's boss.
Or impress your woman and just shove it over with your bare hands.
Just make sure you are pushing with the wind.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Or impress your woman and just shove it over with your bare hands.
Just make sure you are pushing with the wind.
In fact

Why have none of you storm cocksucker's made a thread documenting cool ways to knock down trees? That's what I'd be doing

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Get one of them single person trampoline things and do a missile dropkick on one

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
In fact

Why have none of you storm cocksucker's made a thread documenting cool ways to knock down trees? That's what I'd be doing
Earlier this year, I wedged one tree but didn't make the final back cut. Then I cut another tree down and knocked the one I pre-wedged down at the same time. Tree dominoes.

Yes, I'm a redneck.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Earlier this year, I wedged one tree but didn't make the final back cut. Then I cut another tree down and knocked the one I pre-wedged down at the same time. Tree dominoes.

Yes, I'm a redneck.
Did I tell you about the man from England who killed himself with a tree and an Aston Martin?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Goddammit I just got a message from my program I worked on .They have signed up 2 of the smartest people I ever met ever. That program is destined for success and I'm not part of it anymore. I feel like I got dumped in a box at the side of the road. Woe be me