Society School Shooting at Santa Fe High School in Texas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Never said it was. Roughly 7000 people die every day in America. Less than 1% of that is due to any type of firearm-related death. I'm more likely to develop a drug addiction and overdose than I am of being shot.

MSM and liberal politicians have made their intentions perfectly known and yet people still blindly follow and refuse to do their own research. They will have you believe that you or your kids will be dead shortly from a shooting and that simply is not even close to the truth.
And you dying of developing a drug addiction would be your choice.

These kids dying via assault weapons like AR15s or whatever isn't their choice. Something needs to happen. Disarming people of those sort of weapons won't help our generation because we're far too into it now and sadly it's a part of life, but it will help future generations.

I don't want everyone to be disarmed of all weapons but more stringent checks need to happen, and no non military person needs an assault rifle. Or whatever you want to call it. No one.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Would this be called a school “shooting” if he didn’t have easy access to unnecessary guns?

The kid is a fucking pussy.......

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
It shits me to tears that when I read about things like this, I've become so used to it I don't really bat an eyelid anymore. It's a fucking disgrace.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Well, it was a shotgun. Why do you feel a shotgun is unnecessary?
Many reports are saying it was an assault weapon as well.

The fact still stands, regardless. No one needs an assault weapon. But so many people in this country seem to think it's their God given right to have them.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
It shits me to tears that when I read about things like this, I've become so used to it I don't really bat an eyelid anymore. It's a fucking disgrace.
I saw a little girl holding her arm because some assholes didn't want Iraqis to have democratic elections and decided to detonate a VBED outside of a polling station. This world is evil and we have the luxury of not even scratching the surface of that here. Violence will happen, lives will be lost, sides will argue, but in the end, I have no fear for myself or my children here.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Many reports are saying it was an assault weapon as well.

The fact still stands, regardless. No one needs an assault weapon. But so many people in this country seem to think it's their God given right to have them.
It's a semi-auto variant of the most commonly used infantry weapon. Same as the musket when the 2nd was written. D.C. v Heller showed us that we have a constitutional right to keep weapons in case of confrontation to protect ourselves. The AR has become the most commonly used home protection platform and banning the entire class would be unconstitutional. There are far deadlier weapons available than a .223 rifle.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I saw a little girl holding her arm because some assholes didn't want Iraqis to have democratic elections and decided to detonate a VBED outside of a polling station. This world is evil and we have the luxury of not even scratching the surface of that here. Violence will happen, lives will be lost, sides will argue, but in the end, I have no fear for myself or my children here.
I know you've seen some terrible stuff there but we live here. Children should be able to go to school without worrying about whichever school shooting they read about the day before. Get rid of assault rifles for civilians and eventually future generations will feel safer. Even if it's just a bit safer. The fact that it's just normal life now is so horrible.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Buy Grammarly with all of that cash, so you don't mess up sentences when trying to shit talk someone.
Get an education and I’ll hire you to clean my offices....unfortunately I’ll have to find something else for the current crew to do but leave thatvto me

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
It's a semi-auto variant of the most commonly used infantry weapon. Same as the musket when the 2nd was written. D.C. v Heller showed us that we have a constitutional right to keep weapons in case of confrontation to protect ourselves. The AR has become the most commonly used home protection platform and banning the entire class would be unconstitutional. There are far deadlier weapons available than a .223 rifle.
The constitution is RIDICULOUSLY outdated for this exact reason.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
The constitution is RIDICULOUSLY outdated for this exact reason.
I don't believe so. The .223 and .243 are common hunting rounds and are common amongst AR purchasers. You're gonna get rid of those other million rifles that take the same rounds because they don't have a pistol grip M-Loc rails?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
We're not all sat on our porch in our rocking chairs polishing our muskets anymore...things have moved on.
Maybe in the cities where everyone lives a mere 2x4 board away from each other, but out in rural areas, traditions are still going. Families still hunt and target shoot together. My 6 year old can look at a Springfield and tell you if a round is chambered or not. He understands the safe handling of a firearm and the results of being irresponsible. He knows how to field strip an AR. These are all things I learned at his age and never once did all of the hundreds of firearms I've been around just jump in my hands and shoot someone.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I don't believe so. The .223 and .243 are common hunting rounds and are common amongst AR purchasers. You're gonna get rid of those other million rifles that take the same rounds because they don't have a pistol grip M-Loc rails?
Don’t get specific with me, you know I’m not an expert like that.
Point still stands, no civilian needs one of those weapons. Period. It will take a while but there’s no need for anyone to own one. The gun laws here are ridiculous. Seriously crazy people are able to get their hands on one legally so easily. Like I said, we won’t feel the benefit because so many will be available on the black market, but future generations hopefully will.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Maybe in the cities where everyone lives a mere 2x4 board away from each other, but out in rural areas, traditions are still going. Families still hunt and target shoot together. My 6 year old can look at a Springfield and tell you if a round is chambered or not. He understands the safe handling of a firearm and the results of being irresponsible. He knows how to field strip an AR. These are all things I learned at his age and never once did all of the hundreds of firearms I've been around just jump in my hands and shoot someone.
But not everyone is lucky enough to live in Cajun country.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Get rid of assault rifles for civilians and eventually future generations will feel safer.
Then a shooter will pick up whatever is next in line. We're, as a nation, skating around our biggest issues and the arguments always lead to the rifle. Our pharma has made minds completely numb and void of emotion through anti-depressants, but we give them out like candy and wonder why people can kill with no remorse. We, as evident the last two school shootings, have young kids that are in dire need of help and it seems no one is reaching out to them.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Then a shooter will pick up whatever is next in line. We're, as a nation, skating around our biggest issues and the arguments always lead to the rifle. Our pharma has made minds completely numb and void of emotion through anti-depressants, but we give them out like candy and wonder why people can kill with no remorse. We, as evident the last two school shootings, have young kids that are in dire need of help and it seems no one is reaching out to them.
Letting legit crazy people get their hands on military weapons so easily is fucking mental.

Okay, at least agree that no civilian person needs one and the gun laws need to be readdressed?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Letting legit crazy people get their hands on military weapons so easily is fucking mental.

Okay, at least agree that no civilian person needs one and the gun laws need to be readdressed?
The mental screening needs to be looked at...carefully. A poorly written law can make it to where guys like me that were once diagnosed with PTSD can't get anything, so I think that's an avenue that needs carefully, carefully written and reviewed. As far as letting civies have an AR... I have a strong feeling that a ban would have zero impact on anything. Honestly.