General Senate Judiciary Committee Report on Jan 6th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
lol. first off, i agree that the democrats are desperate and stupid though i agree for different reasons than Wild

these hearing are not a distraction about inflation, which is happening worldwide. these hearings are for a legit threat to democracy

---

but the democrats are desperate and stupid

they are going to get crushed in the mid-terms because they have failed their voters. right now, their plans is to campaign on roe v wade. but thats pathetic and dishonest

the democrats do NOT think they are going to pick up 10 seats in the senate. thus, they still wont be able to codify anything related to Roe v Wade unless they remove the filibuster

they carved out the filibuster for reconciliation bills. they passed a bi-partisan corporate handout bill with this.

when asked about removing the filibuster for Womens Reproductive Rights, Kamala and Biden are like DERPPPP

the reason is because they are sooooo afraid of removing the filibuster. if they do that, then the public will expect them to revisit the Build Back Better bill that Manchen and Sinema were against. most likely, most of the other corporate democrats are secretly against it as well. after all, they already passed the corporate handout bill that the corrupt dems and corrupt republicans wanted

so yeah. dems are pathetic since they arent doing the obvious. remove the filibuster. put bills on the floor. then use the bully pulpet to call out every single republican and democrat that vote Nay on popular initiatives

------

in regards to the squirrels that right wingers are pointing at, i hear ya

the grabbing the steering wheel thing is not even related to Trumps crimes. if they want more people to come in and testify, im all for that. they can clear up the steering wheel thing, and in the process, they can get other testimony under oath about Trump from Tony Ornato and Bobby Engle

im all for that =))
There’s not much else that would destroy this country faster than removing the filibuster. There’s very few checks and balances left in place as it is.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I'm just glad enough shits are being given that this is being investigated. I hope there's a hearing every day for a year. What happened, can't happen again.

Unless we elect another narcissist wannabe dictator.

Let's steer around that.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'm just glad enough shits are being given that this is being investigated. I hope there's a hearing every day for a year. What happened, can't happen again.

Unless we elect another narcissist wannabe dictator.

Let's steer around that.
This is kind of my favorite part. "We're so concerned about democracy we need to make sure that this guy can never again democratically succeed."

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
There's an irony to the sentiment you're putting forth. You're saying "Let's not elect another wannabe dictator." that unfortunately flies in the face of protecting democracy. If the voters want a dictator, they get a dictator.
Oh, I see now.

There were only a hundred thousand signs that Trump would be a mistake. Signs that he would only listen to himself, that he was a power hungry narcissist. A wannabe dictator.

We could have avoided it. Nothing has been materially improved by his time in office, and real damage was done to the country.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Oh, I see now.

There were only a hundred thousand signs that Trump would be a mistake. Signs that he would only listen to himself, that he was a power hungry narcissist. A wannabe dictator.

We could have avoided it. Nothing has been materially improved by his time in office, and real damage was done to the country.
Welcome to democracy, friend. Tyranny of the majority.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
"Let's not step in the shit again, let's walk around it."

"But what if people like stepping in shit?"

I suppose it's a valid question, despite its facetious sound.

We have to work on our expectations
Check out Justin Trudeau's history of scandal since 2016. He's been re-elected twice since then. For Christ's sake, one of his opposing leaders has thrown his party in with JT even knowing everything he does.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Check out Justin Trudeau's history of scandal since 2016. He's been re-elected twice since then. For Christ's sake, one of his opposing leaders has thrown his party in with JT even knowing everything he does.
We seem to have steered around the thread subject, 😁

Will do, though I find everything Canada too boring to look into

Wild

Missing you Pey
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Trump would already be in prison if they had an ounce of evidence on him. Shit, they'd arrest the man for jay walking if they could. Two impeachments and now this dog & pony show. All swings and misses. And TDS sufferers keep lapping up what Schiff, Pelosi, Cheney, Schumer and CNN are shoveling...hoping orange man will go away so $5/gallon gas, 10% inflation, 6% mortgage rates, supply chain shortages, an open border, and funding endless wars (i.e. laundering our tax dollars) will become common place in America. Why do some want to see America fail so badly?

The media really did a number on people during Trumps tenure. Five years of programming peoples minds. Every minute of every day, for 5 years. Russia this, racism that. Orange man bad. Trump didn’t divide America. The media did.

When we get Trump 2024 and DeSantis 2028 & 2032, we're going to see just how badly Americans have been getting fucked for the past 30+ years. This country will prosper beyond most of our imaginations.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Ignore what happened that day.

Would you dismiss this so easily if it had occurred the same exact way, only it was Hillary?

I believe the answer is "No, it would be very important to explore what happened and make sure it doesn't again."

That would be honest.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
The filibuster cloture rule has only been in place since 1975.
and it's a good rule. It stops whatever slim majority that gets into power from radically changing policy every few years. We shouldn't be cramming stuff down on the federal level unless there is an overwhelming consensus for it. Most of these crazy boondoggle bills that come to the floor should fail.

We'd be far better off voting for each item individually.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
and it's a good rule. It stops whatever slim majority that gets into power from radically changing policy every few years. We shouldn't be cramming stuff down on the federal level unless there is an overwhelming consensus for it. Most of these crazy boondoggle bills that come to the floor should fail.

We'd be far better off voting for each item individually.
Republican policies are outdated evidenced by the more advanced nations of the world

The last time that the republican presidential nominee won the popular vote was 34 years ago

The Electoral college, the senate, and the filibuster are anti-democratic by definition since they give the minority power directly and indirectly