So, Elsa (Frozen) is a carpet muncher?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Genuinely have not seen it.

Gonna watch it after all this hullabaloo though.

Fuck ^^^^

Lots of warnings...I was drunk

Pink me.

Im sorry

Wont happen again

I think.

Hope

Pray

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I generally take issue with changing a character's race for no other reason than a character should hold true to its creator's artistic vision. I just think it's goofy to do shit just to placate the PC crowd. Goofy. Nothing more. Nothing less.

But casting a black guy as THE MOTHERFUCKING GUNSLINGER is just so fucking wrong. I hoped and prayed that they wouldn't fuck up The Dark Tower, and they fucked it up before they even started. Gives me such a frustrated sad.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I generally take issue with changing a character's race for no other reason than a character should hold true to its creator's artistic vision. I just think it's goofy to do shit just to placate the PC crowd. Goofy. Nothing more. Nothing less.

But casting a black guy as THE MOTHERFUCKING GUNSLINGER is just so fucking wrong. I hoped and prayed that they wouldn't fuck up The Dark Tower, and they fucked it up before they even started. Gives me such a frustrated sad.
at least it's Idris Elba and not Samuel L Jackson

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
People were upset when Idris Elba was cast as an Asgardian, because beings from another dimension all have to be white.

Butthurt warning: They cast a black Valkyrie for Thor 3.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
at least it's Idris Elba and not Samuel L Jackson
It should have been Viggo Mortenson. Drive a dump truck full of gold bars, dump it on his driveway, and say "You're Roland now."

Everybody wins.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
It should have been Viggo Mortenson. Drive a dump truck full of gold bars, dump it on his driveway, and say "You're Roland now."

Everybody wins.
is that Hannibal?

I read the first dark tower book over ten years ago, and maybe part of the second book, but never went back to it.

my brother read em though few years back and keeps recommending em, so might pick up the whole collection.

I agree with the goofy part.
But to be fair Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai was equally goofy. I think a First Nations character would have been more appealing to the North American audience and would have made for a more interesting character overall. I would hope a Ghengis Khan movie would be full of actors and actresses that look the part of Mongolians and their enemies (did they have any allies that they didn't kill?) but Hollywood would probably mess that up too.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
But to be fair Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai was equally goofy. I think a First Nations character would have been more appealing to the North American audience and would have made for a more interesting character overall. I would hope a Ghengis Khan movie would be full of actors and actresses that look the part of Mongolians and their enemies (did they have any allies that they didn't kill?) but Hollywood would probably mess that up too.
Pretty sure Apocalypto only had one western actor and it was a truly amazing movie because of it.

agree completely about the GK movie

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
There's a good movie about Djinghis out, Russiam made I reckon.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Pretty sure Apocalypto only had one western actor and it was a truly amazing movie because of it.

agree completely about the GK movie

Mel Gibson knew how to make a fuckin movie. It's too bad he couldn't hide his craziness and got blackballed by Jewish Hollywood.