General So that didn't take long.... AFGHANISTAN

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That doesn't make sense
Tying up a loose end? Something stinks to high hell
That's why I'm becoming a conspiracy nut. I used to work in this industry until I moved back to the UK. There's no fucken way they mistake that car. I'll say no more.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Actually I will. It's a payload operators fault if it's not conspiracy, They have tracked the wrong target from the start. Who drives for 8 hours tho? That bit is bollocks. Tbh the whole article is bollocks. The intended target was probably the hottest target in the world at the time, you expect me to believe they mistook a Camry and some kids for him?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's why I'm becoming a conspiracy nut. I used to work in this industry until I moved back to the UK. There's no fucken way they mistake that car. I'll say no more.
Your not a nut.

As you age sometimes you see or experience some shit that makes you go Hmnnnn.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Actually I will. It's a payload operators fault if it's not conspiracy, They have tracked the wrong target from the start. Who drives for 8 hours tho? That bit is bollocks. Tbh the whole article is bollocks. The intended target was probably the hottest target in the world at the time, you expect me to believe they mistook a Camry and some kids for him?
Not knowing the kids were there or nearby is unforgivable at the least...and hard to believe considering the value of the target and the timing of it.

M

member 3289

The intended target was probably the hottest target in the world at the time
They didn't even claim to know who it was when they claimed to have eliminated a "terrorist threat" so I doubt whoever was the hottest target in the world.

They needed quick retribution/a positive headline for newspapers after 13 servicemen were killed and they likely jumped the gun faster than they normally would have.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Your not a nut.

As you age sometimes you see or experience some shit that makes you go Hmnnnn.
Oh I know I'm not a nut. It's 100% impossible for this to happen given technology and my experience of how this shit goes. Which leaves me confused as either the story is made up constructed propaganda, or someone seriously fucked up and it had a long line of continually fucked up events.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Not knowing the kids were there or nearby is unforgivable at the least...and hard to believe considering the value of the target and the timing of it.
Also a bit weird they knew who he was and where to look immediately after the incident.

But to be fair they did issue a warning before the terror attack so maybe they were already tracking him. ?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Oh I know I'm not a nut. It's 100% impossible for this to happen given technology and my experience of how this shit goes. Which leaves me confused as either the story is made up constructed propaganda, or someone seriously fucked up and it had a long line of continually fucked up events.
Did you read the AMA from a drone pilot on the OG?

It was within the last two weeks.

Seemed legit, but who knows for sure.

According to what he was saying this strike seems way out of the norm and pretty implausible.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Here is the drone thread if you wanna read it SongExotic2 @Shang Tsong2

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

According to what he was saying this strike seems way out of the norm and pretty implausible.
I diddnt but I know 20+ personally and heard all Thier stories. It is way out of the norm. As an isr tech I know what they do or did 5 years back. That's why I'm saying this is a serious fuckup on someone's part but if the 8 hours is true I can't get my head around it.

Someone call Jake shields.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
They didn't even claim to know who it was when they claimed to have eliminated a "terrorist threat" so I doubt whoever was the hottest target in the world.

They needed quick retribution/a positive headline for newspapers after 13 servicemen were killed and they likely jumped the gun faster than they normally would have.
The disturbing thing is that people only recognize this as an outrage because none of the victims were ISIS. But when it was unclear that any ISIS members died - but it was still clear that several kids died - far less people gave a shit. In countless instances where kids die in an attack that also kills a single terrorist, this is considered fair game.

It's not the incidental, reckless collateral damage that is the biggest problem, it's this mentality that has grown in the West that it is fine to be fully aware that you are killing an entire family as long as that family contains one enemy. You can knowingly and deliberately target civilians if they are in proximity to a legit target who poses no immediate threat. It's abject dehumanizing amorality, and it is considered completely reasonable.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Here is the drone thread if you wanna read it SongExotic2 @Shang Tsong2

Just started reading. Guy is military. His experiences are somewhat different than mine as I was research and development. I can't be arsed to read any more of his waffle as they don't have pages there anymore and it irritates me but yea what I've read is correct.

He'll go general atomics as a contractor when he leaves, that's the route into UAVs as a civilian.

A friend of mine was a tech for the us air force. A hobbyist with gay as RC planes, used his GI Bill for his training at embrery riddle, then worked as an instructor there, then worked as a drone pilot for a bit with me, now he works on commercial and passenger planes as a pilot.

His wife is a right cunt. She can eat hotter food than me and its irritating.
She's one of them weirdos who can eat anything spicy level and it doesn't matter. I'm a curry o holic but I have limits.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

Yeah, it's not like they've ever bombed hospitals or weddings before. This is the first time something like this has ever happened.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yeah, it's not like they've ever bombed hospitals or weddings before. This is the first time something like this has ever happened.
I never said that
I know some of the tragic history of drone strikes

This strike and the timing of it is gnarly, plus the technology has to be above what most of us can imagine

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
His wife is a right cunt. She can eat hotter food than me and its irritating.
She's one of them weirdos who can eat anything spicy level and it doesn't matter. I'm a curry o holic but I have limits.
Now this is fascinating stuff
I like extremely hot stuff also...both incoming and outgoing

Grew about 50 Aji Lemon peppers this year...yellow, tastes like lemon...and 2-12 times hotter than a jalapeño...I popped one raw and it burned me up real good, sweated a few pints

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Grew about 50 Aji Lemon peppers this year...yellow, tastes like lemon...and 2-12 times hotter than a jalapeño...I popped one raw and it burned me up real good, sweated a few pints
I'm from England, we eat spicy curries here as a token of masculinity. So when I was in Arizona, 20 minutes from Mexico they figured the mexican stuff would be too much. Little did they know I have Mexican blood so that shit was bitch made to me..it surprised them as I think it was supposed to actually be a prank but I liked it.

However...

That fucken bdubs sauce gets me. I can't get past hot. Must be something to do with my taste buds or something.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

aji amarillo is a key ingredient to seco de cordero.

grow me some?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The disturbing thing is that people only recognize this as an outrage because none of the victims were ISIS. But when it was unclear that any ISIS members died - but it was still clear that several kids died - far less people gave a shit. In countless instances where kids die in an attack that also kills a single terrorist, this is considered fair game.

It's not the incidental, reckless collateral damage that is the biggest problem, it's this mentality that has grown in the West that it is fine to be fully aware that you are killing an entire family as long as that family contains one enemy. You can knowingly and deliberately target civilians if they are in proximity to a legit target who poses no immediate threat. It's abject dehumanizing amorality, and it is considered completely reasonable.
IIRC, Obama came up with the policy that if a "confirmed terrorist" was killed, then any military-age male around them was also a "terrorist".

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
They don't make the call. ISR will have been providing feedback and movement to a bunch of old boys in a room who decided on the target, who then called in the strike. The crew of the strike will have had no idea what's what other than they had a planned weapon release.

For all they know it could have been bin Laden. It's the guys at the top that sanctioned it, and whatever dipshits in between that settled on that car as the focus that should be held accountable.

Someone somewhere was under pressure to exact revenge and this was the result.
exactly. They had a guy that they were following all day, and somehow they lost him and his Camry and picked up this aid worker.
When they saw the laptops, he became an active target. Somebody (Joe Biden's handlers) wanted the 'last word' in the news cycle.